The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I really had no expectation today with the injuries we've had, but the team was amazing and especially the makeshift back three. BFG first start this season and was amazing along with Monreal and Holding.

Made up for him.

Am I right in thinking he and Kenny remain the only guys to win the double their first season?

Congratulations mate. I couldn't be happier.

Hmm of top of my head didn't Wenger win double in his 2nd season in charge (97-98)? Wengers been around so long cant really remember when did he start :D

I really had no expectation today with the injuries we've had, but the team was amazing and especially the makeshift back three. BFG first start this season and was amazing along with Monreal and Holding.

Never got the worry over the German going in. Adrenaline get's you through a Cup Final. If it doesn't, you're in the wrong game. Superb display.

And Holding showing yet again you don't need to always spend ridiculous money on quality players.

so is wenger god again now?seven year contract?

I personally think that contracts been signed for a good few months. If it hadn't and he was going, the club and he would of said something.

They've just been waiting for a 'good news' time to announce it.

Absolutely brilliant win, didn't see that coming at all before the game. Everyone played brilliantly. The effort was absolutely top notch.

Made up for him.

Am I right in thinking he and Kenny remain the only guys to win the double their first season?

Congratulations mate. I couldn't be happier.

Pellegrini - Mickey League Cup & Prem.

**** you, we usually win nothing it counted... :lol

So you'd be happy with 2 FA Cups in 12 years? Or whatever it is now, sorry but Wenger is a looming shadow for Arsenal as long as he insists to go on.

Nice man he may be, but that doesn't count for much when you're failing. Plus he hasn't got many medals to hand out over the last decade so if he has given a few away there is no wonder he has none left at his home!
Yeah he's time has probably come but I think what Scouse was getting at was the way certain groups of Arsenal fans went about it. Downright disrespectful to their greatest manager.

Yeah very impressed with Holding of late.

Agreed, his the type of player who just needs to play, play and play. There was talk of getting a new cb if mertsacker leaves if we do I really hope it isn't at the expense of holdings playing time.

Yeah he's time has probably come but I think what Scouse was getting at was the way certain groups of Arsenal fans went about it. Downright disrespectful to their greatest manager.

Maybe some have gone about it too disrespectfully, but EVERY fan deserves a right to voice THEIR opinion. (In a respectful way).

Anyway well done Arsenal, well done Wenger. All rival fans are thrilled to know you'll be carrying on with him ;)

Back