The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Community doesn't count, never has. stop being daft.

Its a testimonial/charity game. Might as well count playoff final trophies.

The community shield is an official friendly trophy. It's like icing on a cake, a complementary substance if you will. It's a silverware that counts toward a club's trophy count but it's more like a side show attraction.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

At the risk of setting zz off on another tangent, of course it counts. You need to win either the League or FA Cup to qualify for it. You might not shout about it. To all intents and purposes, it may well be a glorified friendly. But it counts. The same as the European Super Cup. You have to win a major to be in it.

It's just the selective 'times' it counts that's amusing.

It's not a trophy if you only have to play a game or two to win. So Charity Shield, Club World Cup, Super Cups in various countries, Euro Super Cup, it's all bollocks far as I'm concerned.

It's not a trophy if you only have to play a game or two to win. So Charity Shield, Club World Cup, Super Cups in various countries, Euro Super Cup, it's all bollocks far as I'm concerned.
I thought the league was 38 games and the FA Cup is surely more than 2 games long? We had to win 15 ties to get to the Super Cup :O

At the risk of setting zz off on another tangent, of course it counts. You need to win either the League or FA Cup to qualify for it. You might not shout about it. To all intents and purposes, it may well be a glorified friendly. But it counts. The same as the European Super Cup. You have to win a major to be in it.

No you don't, you can be runner up in the FA Cup final and be in it. Its a friendly, Super Cup my ****, barely above the fair play league winners in ranking.

[video=youtube;0H7FBA33cuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H7FBA33cuE[/video]

No you don't, you can be runner up in the FA Cup final and be in it. Its a friendly, Super Cup my ****, barely above the fair play league winners in ranking.
TBF that can give you a spot in the Europa League which boosts it up

Edit: Turns out they scrapped that now you just get some cash from UEFA instead, never realised that

Last edited:
I thought the league was 38 games and the FA Cup is surely more than 2 games long? We had to win 15 ties to get to the Super Cup :O

Don't be trolling mate, you know exactly what I meant. One-game or two-game competitions are complete nonsense, regardless of whether you have to win a trophy to play in them.

Do you just use a team winning the double and the runners-up being in it to make a point?

Lid, seriously. This may be an Arsenal thread but your not frigging Damola!

[video=youtube;xe9hkEPHE_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe9hkEPHE_o[/video]

What i've been waiting for

Do you just use a team winning the double and the runners-up being in it to make a point?

Lid, seriously. This may be an Arsenal thread but your not frigging Damola!

Its the participation trophy of cups. Can you win yes, should in count in the double/treble talk etc, should it ****.

United did a double & the charity shield match. Afterthought, should be a '*' trophy, but its all personal pref. Even Fergie called it a fitness test.

Last edited:
Barcelona and Milan, in particular, would hate you wkd.

You'd be dumping them down the list of UEFA competition winners by taking away the Super Cups they're so proud of.

Barcelona and Milan, in particular, would hate you wkd.

You'd be dumping them down the list of UEFA competition winners by taking away the Super Cups they're so proud of.

All one game trophies should be the a separate column, and have no effect on rankings etc.. :)

European ones make more sense to be counted over domestic ones though, they are winners only games, but that a separate thing lol..

Back