The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Add the special one to that list Scousey, first season double in England with Chelsea.

See, this is where your selective standards makes you lads sound even more silly than normal.

2001, L'pool's second treble, it apparently wasn't and this was up for long enough:

iu

Now, not only have you apparently done another 'treble' this year, your wanting to count the 'Mickey Mouse' League Cup as suddenly important again!

Which is it?!!!!! The PL/ FA Cup only counts. Now it doesn't.

Is that what you meant earlier by being 'adaptable?' ;).

Figured yers all will like this. This girls boss! Haha:

NSFW!

[video=youtube;r6ZXgsSoblw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ZXgsSoblw[/video]

See, this is where your selective standards makes you lads sound even more silly than normal.

Now, not only have you apparently done another 'treble' this year, your wanting to count the 'Mickey Mouse' League Cup as suddenly important again!

Which is it?!!!!! The PL/ FA Cup only counts. Now it doesn't.

Is that what you meant earlier by being 'adaptable?' ;).

League cup always counts as a trophy, who the f doesn't count that???? It's part of the domestic collection, it is by far the least respected of the elite honors in England but it definitely counts.

Community shield can be argued, for me it is silverware all the same, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a treble winning season for United with it. I'd definitely say it was a double though with the league cup and Europa.

League cup always counts as a trophy, who the f doesn't count that???? It's part of the domestic collection, it is by far the least respected of the elite honors in England but it definitely counts.

Community shield can be argued, for me it is silverware all the same, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a treble winning season for United with it. I'd definitely say it was a double though with the league cup and Europa.

Community Shield is a glorified friendly or thats what I've heard every time Arsenal has won it in last couple of years.

Also I think you can only talk about Doubles or Trebles when you win the league. Winning League Cup and Europa League is not it even if you technically have won two trophies.

Community Shield is a glorified friendly or thats what I've heard every time Arsenal has won it in last couple of years.

Also I think you can only talk about Doubles or Trebles when you win the league. Winning League Cup and Europa League is not it even if you technically have won two trophies.

Yes Community Shield pretty much is a glorified friendly to be honest.

But for me what classifies a double or treble winning season can only be when the league is one of them is very confusing if you go down that route.

What about if a team wins the Champions League and the League Cup? Is that not a double? Bah, these debates can be had but technically it is a double, no matter how you theoretically look at the value of two trophies won.

Nah mate. A double is a double/ treble a treble whatever it's made up of. (Charity Shield aside which is stretching it to say the least.).

You win 2/3 major trophy's in a season, it's a fantastic achievement and doesn't lesson however anyone wants to rank competitions in order of importance.

That wasn't the point. But zz knows that and swerved it.

Which said it all without saying it. So I'm leaving him there. Smiles.

---
That wasn't the point. But zz knows that and swerved it.

Which said it all without saying it. So I'm leaving him there. Smiles.

I don't know what other point you wanted me to address in that post, a banter poster from United fans a decade ago mocking your treble is just exactly that.

I don't know what other point you wanted me to address in that post, a banter poster from United fans a decade ago mocking your treble is just exactly that.

That wasn't banter. That was utter embarrassing bollocks and Utd's selective standards.

You asked 'Who the F doesn't count a League Cup?' Uhmmm ..... You lads. Unless YOU win it. You don't, it's a 'Mickey Mouse' Cup.

Like the Arsenal lad just said, they've been mocked for the Charity Shield. Now, it's relevant and a lot of your lads this week, and no less your manager, have been claiming it as a three trophy season. Even some on here.

The same way you then tried to geg in with Mourinho doing the double his first year in England. The League Cup argument only working to suit is utter bollocks. It's either a major trophy or it isn't. Period.

The selective standards for trophy point scoring is beyond ******* pathetic. Like 'You've never won the PL' bollocks. That is the point.

But back to my sincere happiness at Arsenals win today. That's what should be being discussed!

Last edited:

A double = 2 trophies won

Chelsea won the double in 2012 and they finished 6th.

That wasn't banter. That was utter embarrassing bollocks and Utd's selective standards.

You asked 'Who the F doesn't count a League Cup?' Uhmmm ..... You lads. Unless YOU win it. You don't, it's a 'Mickey Mouse' Cup.

*facepalm* I suppose Liverpool fans have never done that have they when United have won supposed 'doubles'/'trebles'??

Infact you've already started it by debating the community shield isn't even part of our supposed 'treble' this season!

Lets end it here anyway. Personal opinions on trophies don't matter, they still count and go in the cabinet no matter what I or you or anyone else thinks.

But anyway, well done Arsenal once again for today.

I didn't start debating the merits of your three trophies. It was brought up in comparison to how they all suddenly are relevant but aren't when other clubs win them.

But you know this already. One day you'll stick to what's actually said in our discourse.

One day.

Back