The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Do you just use a team winning the double and the runners-up being in it to make a point?

Lid, seriously. This may be an Arsenal thread but your not frigging Damola!
Lol, the Community Shield is a super cup and is a trophy. That's a fact.

Reading that in the next 24 hours Arsene is to sign a 2 year contract

Lord Wenger, he does what he wants. (6)

Thing is when he does decide to leave I'm actually going to miss seeing him in the Prem. Been in the Premier League so long he's become "part of the furniture" if you will. Though I was sad to see Sir Alex Ferguson retire, I think I'll miss Arsene more. Just feels weird knowing that you're never going to see one of the "old guard" pacing on those sidelines.

So I'm happy he'll be around a bit longer.

Santi Cazorla has had eight (8!) surgeries since he got injured last November. Big reason for why our season went to **** and I fear we wont be seeing much of him anymore after this. He expects it will take at least 5 more months to recover.

This is a very angry man.

NSFW.

[video=youtube;uqcGCkX_WCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcGCkX_WCw[/video]

thay will just run down there contracts and leave for free well sanchez will dont know about ozil

thay will just run down there contracts and leave for free well sanchez will dont know about ozil

That isn't a problem for the club. Club saves around 25-30 million (minus their current salaries) on the year if they don't agree on extensions. Both will be playing for contracts for other clubs so no problem for the Arsenal again there.

Both Sanchez and Özil will turn 30 at the start of 2018-19 season also. Their chance to secure last big contracts while playing in Europe is pretty much this summer.

According to DiMarzio Juventus are closing in on Szczesny for a fee of € 16 million.

Seems bit low for me...

may have something to do with no 1 belives it
Or the fact that if what's reported is true Madrid blew that out the water today with a 135m euro bid. That I could believe. Sales of Rodriguez, Morata, Coentrao and a few other fringe members, would pay for him and still break even.

may have something to do with no 1 belives it
It was from Mohamed Bouhafsi of L'equipe, reported on by GFFN and claimed by the Times. Arsene Wenger has had a relationship with the player and his family for years and almost signed him before he signed a professional contract a year ago. You then have Wenger and Gazidis being pictured in Nice over the past few day. Looks like all of the eggs in one basket.

Or the fact that if what's reported is true Madrid blew that out the water today with a 135m euro bid. That I could believe. Sales of Rodriguez, Morata, Coentrao and a few other fringe members, would pay for him and still break even.
It won't have anything to do with money. I've heard that Madrid were willing to offer 30 million upfront and Arsenal 50+ Million, hence our bid is much more attractive to Monaco. Madrid aren't cash rich. They can't afford to pay these upfront.

The player has an agreement with the club who've agreed to sell if he wants to move to a specific team. He wants to play in Euro 2018 + wants regular football. The main attraction is supposed to be the fact that Wenger is willing to make him the main man. We'll see a decision after the intl break. If he doesn't want to join Arsenal he'll stay at Monaco for at least another year or until Ronaldo retires.

That's the most likely outcome though. Clearly, Arsenal mean business when Wenger is in Nice with his CEO.

Exactly. Wenger hanging out in French Riviera during summer is nothing new, but him with Gazidis... Something is going on.

Back