The Art of the Counter Attack – A Look at Slomka’s Efficient Hannover Side

1-0, 0-2, 1-0, 0-2, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 3-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-2. (premier league only)

PLD13 W6 D3 L4 F10 A8 - True Catennacio style. Unfortunately the results aren't really good enough!

Hannover were leaking goals and could not really score either, until Slomka came in (even though he lost his first 6 games I think it was)

In the season Slomka came in, the goalie Robert Enke did suicide.
they got 16 points in the first 12 games -then Enke suicide - only 1 point in the next 12 games (1 point in the first six games with Slomka) - then again 16 points at the last 10 games

1-0, 0-2, 1-0, 0-2, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 3-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-2. (premier league only)

PLD13 W6 D3 L4 F10 A8 - True Catennacio style. Unfortunately the results aren't really good enough!

who you managing?

In the season Slomka came in, the goalie Robert Enke did suicide.
they got 16 points in the first 12 games -then Enke suicide - only 1 point in the next 12 games (1 point in the first six games with Slomka) - then again 16 points at the last 10 games

yeah that was probably the main reason, such a shame, what a great keeper he was! that was a sad day!

updated more results on the first page post #2

the tactic is coming together well so far in pre-season!

thoughts?

been working on this for a while today, some really pleasing results so far :) will post updates tomorrow!

I might upload it a few months in if it is working out well! it is so far :)

updated post #3 with competitive matches
edit:

and video of countering

Last edited:
anyone have any advice?

I have changed the tactic! I moved the AMCL to AMC and the STR to ST so its more conventional now!

New formation

Made several changes to the tactic! here is the latest one I have used in my last 2 games! Both wins!

View attachment 327171

Last edited:
I decided to quickly test it on my 8th season QPR team, it is a very good team! not the best in the world but probably top 10 with regards to the actual players

first game I used it for was ECL vs Benfica away! Benfica were in control of the game with over 65% for a lot of the 1st half (which is exactly what I want)

then came the onslaught! brilliant counter attacking football and ended up with a penalty as well!

They did get a red card with about 20 minutes to go, but only scored the penalty after that!

View attachment 327050View attachment 327051

Enjoying following this, my first tactic i created with QPR was a counter attack tactic, using a deep 4-2-3-1 with IFs. Looks like you're making good progress with it.

Enjoying following this, my first tactic i created with QPR was a counter attack tactic, using a deep 4-2-3-1 with IFs. Looks like you're making good progress with it.

yeah thanks sean!

just played Bayern now, the team I most wanted to test it against!

Nekanoum recieved a straight red in the 12th minute, I went on to a 2:0 lead which was fantastic! then ANOTHER keeping error from Zieler saw them equalize!

then they scored from a set piece to make it 2:2! not a bad result at all! but we could have won it! outplayed them!

really getting the **** end of the stick with errors from defence and especially keeping at the moment!! a lot of games I am up and end up drawing from errors! starting to make it not that fun anymore when you outplay teams and end up dropping 2 points in the 89th minute! even though I set up defensively in the last 15 minutes or so and subbed out tired players..

View attachment 327133View attachment 327134View attachment 327135View attachment 327138

I have only lost 2 games so far! sitting 5th in the table which is not bad! but could have been so much better!

too many draws for my liking! but at least I am not losing lol :)

tactic coming along though! still sort of early days!

another fu#$%ng mistake from my defender! 1:0 against Wolfsburg! out playing them! he passed the ball straight to the winger (he was the last man, no pressure, nothing) who then looked up and saw Diego in acres of space to slot it home!

Jesus Christ! honestly! result! 1:1 that should have been another 3 points in the bag!

is anyone else noticing all these errors recently? thought the ME was meant to fix it..