The Art of the Counter Attack – A Look at Slomka’s Efficient Hannover Side

I'm really impressive by Hannover's philosophy. Would it possible to give me answer for a question ?
That is, Should I use shouts you recommend in every match ??

yes mate, I think the shouts do help, especially RUN AT DEFENCE as you want the players to attack when on the counter and players like Ya konan and Schauldraff etc are quick

I´ll try this tactic tonight, as I´m origin from Hannover and a big fan of the team and Slomka

What do you think about the pitch size and training / match preparation?

(would try small pitch and defending/defend set pieces)

I´ll try this tactic tonight, as I´m origin from Hannover and a big fan of the team and Slomka

What do you think about the pitch size and training / match preparation?

(would try small pitch and defending/defend set pieces)

standard pitch

teamwork as well

any results with it?

Yes.
I played only a short period last night.
after 8 friendlies the tactic is almost fluid.

got through the EL play offs ( 4-1, 2-1 vs AIK Stockholm and 3-1, 2-0 vs an hungarian team, I forgot the name, as I´m at work )

only played 1 match in bundesliga 4-0 vs Schalke :)

Yes.
I played only a short period last night.
after 8 friendlies the tactic is almost fluid.

got through the EL play offs ( 4-1, 2-1 vs AIK Stockholm and 3-1, 2-0 vs an hungarian team, I forgot the name, as I´m at work )

only played 1 match in bundesliga 4-0 vs Schalke :)

congrats mate, those are some pretty impressive results so far :) especially Schalke

I´m excited how it will go on tonight.
Only signed one new player, Marek Suchy. Think this will be a good effort for the central defence, that should be the weakest part of the squad.
At the EL I let play most of the "second eleven"
the team is very balanced, so I will rotate a lot

Raikan, I was reading your OP in this thread (about recreating real life tactics) and I was thinking about one thing.. As it is something rare in this forum, would you consider make one tactic based in a DLP? Like Pirlo, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, etc. I don't know what will be the basic tactic (4-5-1/4-2-3-1, etc) but it's something interesting I guess. Or do you have any other ideas?

Raikan, I was reading your OP in this thread (about recreating real life tactics) and I was thinking about one thing.. As it is something rare in this forum, would you consider make one tactic based in a DLP? Like Pirlo, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, etc. I don't know what will be the basic tactic (4-5-1/4-2-3-1, etc) but it's something interesting I guess. Or do you have any other ideas?

I have done it many times, a tactic revolved around a DM - DLP as Pirlo/Schwein etc.

I am currently working on a Dortmund recreation tactic with AMC but the most important part of the tactic (for me) is the DLP role which Gundogan occupies, I currently have Rooney playing there to devastating effect :)

Is that something along the lines to which you were thinking?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ayne-rooney-new-paul-scholes.html#post1738848

Exactly that mate! Wonderful :)

A Dortmund recreation tactic is amazing. One of the teams that play better football in Europe (personal choice, of course) deserves a good recreation!

I'll check that thread. Haven't seen it before..

Last edited:
its not a tactic thread though, I might make it into one though once I am finished with the tactic.. if you want to test the tactic send me a PM and will send it to you :)

let me know what you think and if it needs changes etc..

Its so pleasing to see mr.Raikkan post about counter attacking strategy.i wanna to try it with my 'Lazio team'.here my notable player:
Gk:marchetti
Cb:diakite and bocccheti(they are good cb)
Lb:radu(his speed and attacking mentality is low but he is natural cb)
Rb:i have konko and cuadrado(cuadrado is so fast and skilful but not competent in defense.konko is aweful.
Dm:i have top dm like javi garcia ,ledesma and 16 years old regen.

Cm:hernanes and adryan but both of the is advance playmaker.
Rm:vladimir weise is so-so player
Lm:lulic and anderson(Man u player)
St:klose floccari both of them is tall.
Am:zarate.

Mr.raikkan whats is your recommendation for 11-line up?
Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Raikkan,
Do you think this tactic will function properly if I switched the position of the CML to AMC ?

Its so pleasing to see mr.Raikkan post about counter attacking strategy.i wanna to try it with my 'Lazio team'.here my notable player:
Gk:marchetti
Cb:diakite and bocccheti(they are good cb)
Lb:radu(his speed and attacking mentality is low but he is natural cb)
Rb:i have konko and cuadrado(cuadrado is so fast and skilful but not competent in defense.konko is aweful.
Dm:i have top dm like javi garcia ,ledesma and 16 years old regen.

Cm:hernanes and adryan but both of the is advance playmaker.
Rm:vladimir weise is so-so player
Lm:lulic and anderson(Man u player)
St:klose floccari both of them is tall.
Am:zarate.

Mr.raikkan whats is your recommendation for 11-line up?
Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hey bud :)

keeper, CB's all good
start Cuardado
play Garcia as BWM
play Hernanes as DLP
wide mids are cool
Zarate as DLF
Klose as STR (change role to AF and run with ball sometimes)

good luck

Hi Raikkan,
Do you think this tactic will function properly if I switched the position of the CML to AMC ?

position or role? if you change role from DLP to AMC it could work.. but he then might push too far forward and not be in the correct place to receive the ball and start the counter...

if you want to push the actual position to AMC, no that will not work :)

First off, thanks Raikan for volunteering your time and expertise to help fledglings like myself. Love your tactics!

I am very pleased to see that you've taken on Slomka's Hannover side and can't wait to test this out. I do have some questions though (and please forgive me if they seem stupid):

1) Do you use any opposition instructions at all? Or do you just leave it to the assistant manager? I imagine it varies depending on which team you're up against but I noticed in your Dortmund tactic that you put together a list of set opposition instructions. Would these work for this tactic? Or would they override some of the player instructions and backfire?

2) Any transfer suggestions to strengthen the squad?

Thanks again!

First off, thanks Raikan for volunteering your time and expertise to help fledglings like myself. Love your tactics!

I am very pleased to see that you've taken on Slomka's Hannover side and can't wait to test this out. I do have some questions though (and please forgive me if they seem stupid):

1) Do you use any opposition instructions at all? Or do you just leave it to the assistant manager? I imagine it varies depending on which team you're up against but I noticed in your Dortmund tactic that you put together a list of set opposition instructions. Would these work for this tactic? Or would they override some of the player instructions and backfire?

2) Any transfer suggestions to strengthen the squad?

Thanks again!

hey bud, thanks alot!

1) I do them myself after having the AM do it (just speeds things up for me) but I always show wingers to weaker foot, close them down as well as good fb's and CM's

2) Hannovers squad? Chibucke, Strandberg, Svennson :)

View attachment 346168

Still early days, but things are looking good so far! I'm having trouble getting the best out of Abdelloue, but it's not really been a worry since Konan just keeps banging them in for us!

The game against Werder Bremen in particular was a great display of massed defence and rapid-fire (by FM standards, anyway) counter attacking. 5-1!

We've got a really tough away game against an undefeated Bayern side coming up next though. Any insight on how we can try to stop the freight train that is Bayern München?

Great tactic, Raikan!

View attachment 346168

Still early days, but things are looking good so far! I'm having trouble getting the best out of Abdelloue, but it's not really been a worry since Konan just keeps banging them in for us!

The game against Werder Bremen in particular was a great display of massed defence and rapid-fire (by FM standards, anyway) counter attacking. 5-1!

We've got a really tough away game against an undefeated Bayern side coming up next though. Any insight on how we can try to stop the freight train that is Bayern München?

Great tactic, Raikan!

those are some really decent results mate :) well done!

how do you find the tactic? do you think it replicates the Hannover style quite well?

I would leave as is mate..

how did the match go?