The Art of the Counter Attack – A Look at Slomka’s Efficient Hannover Side

I just want to say congratulations on the presentation. great job

Last edited:
View attachment 346871View attachment 346872

What a game! We managed to grab an early goal through Didier Ya Konan (again!). Then minutes later Manuel Schmiedebach got through on an open goal after a howler from Bayern's Holger Badstuber and put it away. The players were really looking to win the game (thanks to your teamtalk guide). Szabolcs Huszti in particular took one for the team with a great professional foul that stopped Robben who had a clear run on goal. (Which is something I've never seen before on FM incidentally.)

But of course Bayern got back in it... A poor clearance from Pocognoli allowed Mario Gomez to equalise. Bayern just kept pushing us to the limit which eventually resulted in a sitter from Schweinsteiger that went in off the post.

Can't say they didn't deserve it, but we were so close! We even had a penalty appeal turned down. The referee had a really poor game overall. I really wish it was possible to berate the officials in-game sometimes.

Still, happy about returning home from Allianz Arena with a draw.

View attachment 346871View attachment 346872

What a game! We managed to grab an early goal through Didier Ya Konan (again!). Then minutes later Manuel Schmiedebach got through on an open goal after a howler from Bayern's Holger Badstuber and put it away. The players were really looking to win the game (thanks to your teamtalk guide). Szabolcs Huszti in particular took one for the team with a great professional foul that stopped Robben who had a clear run on goal. (Which is something I've never seen before on FM incidentally.)

But of course Bayern got back in it... A poor clearance from Pocognoli allowed Mario Gomez to equalise. Bayern just kept pushing us to the limit which eventually resulted in a sitter from Schweinsteiger that went in off the post.

Can't say they didn't deserve it, but we were so close! We even had a penalty appeal turned down. The referee had a really poor game overall. I really wish it was possible to berate the officials in-game sometimes.

Still, happy about returning home from Allianz Arena with a draw.

sorry to hear that mate :)

that is the perfect example of how the tactic should work though!

less possession, but 3 ccc's away from home is great!

good luck with the rest mate, keep me posted

Hi.

So I was looking at a tactic that relied on quick counter attacks and I stumbled across this. It wen't smooth with my Milan team for the most part except one small problem.

Having 2 CM's BWM and DLP provide less cover for my defense and make me more prone to conceding goals.

But moving them to DM and moving the DLF to IF reduces the counter attack threat. Which is what the tactic is all about.

Think it needs a bit more tweaking.

Also it would be much appreciated if in your OP you would say the type of players you require for each position and pre-season training, etc.

Last edited: