The Art of the Counter Attack – A Look at Slomka’s Efficient Hannover Side

yeah thanks sean!

just played Bayern now, the team I most wanted to test it against!

Nekanoum recieved a straight red in the 12th minute, I went on to a 2:0 lead which was fantastic! then ANOTHER keeping error from Zieler saw them equalize!

then they scored from a set piece to make it 2:2! not a bad result at all! but we could have won it! outplayed them!

really getting the **** end of the stick with errors from defence and especially keeping at the moment!! a lot of games I am up and end up drawing from errors! starting to make it not that fun anymore when you outplay teams and end up dropping 2 points in the 89th minute! even though I set up defensively in the last 15 minutes or so and subbed out tired players..

View attachment 327133View attachment 327134View attachment 327135View attachment 327138

Maybe the defensive errors are coming from allowing a lot more pressure on your defence thus forcing them into errors? You could keep with a counter style by ticking it but maybe use the Balanced strategy? Will bring the D-line up a little more and be a little more attacking. Just a thought.

I decided to convert the tactic (as mentioned in the first page) to classic and work on that alongside the TC version! I made a few changes here and there to team instructions as a few things did not convert properly for some reason (passing was set nearly at short)

anyway, first game up using it was Dinamo!

View attachment 327216

this is the tactic in classic mode!

View attachment 327213

Im off for the weekend, have a good one to whoever see's this! will continue on Monday!

Maybe the defensive errors are coming from allowing a lot more pressure on your defence thus forcing them into errors? You could keep with a counter style by ticking it but maybe use the Balanced strategy? Will bring the D-line up a little more and be a little more attacking. Just a thought.

I used balanced for most part of the tactic so far, fluid was given to encourage the players to get forward when we got possession back

I don't like playing with a deep line! regardless of countering or attacking, so I usually play a normal line

cheers :)

I've lost more 2-0/3-0 leads than I have before but I think it's my dodgy defensive set up.
The goals do look silly tho, 3-0 used to be job done.

I decided to convert the tactic (as mentioned in the first page) to classic and work on that alongside the TC version! I made a few changes here and there to team instructions as a few things did not convert properly for some reason (passing was set nearly at short)

anyway, first game up using it was Dinamo!

View attachment 327216

this is the tactic in classic mode!

View attachment 327213

Im off for the weekend, have a good one to whoever see's this! will continue on Monday!

Could you upload it?

Looking good Raikan.
Would love to review it sometime for my blog!
As you also may have read I am a counter attacking man myself but interestingly despite having posted a successful Mourinho 4231 on the forums here, I am still not fully satisfied with the level of counter attacking I've achieved in this year's FM13.
Hopefully once you release this tactic it can really give me and everyone else a push in the right direction!

Looking good Raikan.
Would love to review it sometime for my blog!
As you also may have read I am a counter attacking man myself but interestingly despite having posted a successful Mourinho 4231 on the forums here, I am still not fully satisfied with the level of counter attacking I've achieved in this year's FM13.
Hopefully once you release this tactic it can really give me and everyone else a push in the right direction!

thanks bud :) once I have completed it I would love a review from your website :)

there are a few issues with FM13 at the moment I am seeing! still bad bugs!

update

I was struggling for my players to get up field quickly when in possession and the central AMC did not work out that well, having the DM's so far back left a lot of space between my strikers and mids and could not link up properly, some of the balls being passed forward were being intercepted as my players do not have the best stats at all!

So I decided to push the Dm's into the Cm positions but leaving all their instructions exactly the same and pushed the AMC to the 2nd striker position to make it a flat 442 (which is pretty much exactly how they line up in real life) (this was done in the last game against HSV and it worked really well, see new tactic below)

The other games (incl 2:0 loss to Lokeren who are surprisingly VERY good) were using the tactic posted on the page before and the classic one as well.

The striker (DLF) looks to drop into the pocket now, drawing out a cb or even fb allowing more space out wide for the wide mid to push into or a little space for the poacher!

I have decided to use the newer TC version exclusively as most people prefer it.

New formation and instructions:

View attachment 328399

Results and league table:

View attachment 328401View attachment 328402

I have just finished the season with Hannover 96! please see the first post for details!

feel free to comment and ask questions if you like?

I am still wanting to run the tactic more before I release it, however, if you are interested in testing the tactic as well, please PM me and I will send you the link, cheers :)

Hey mate congrtas aobut this new tactic!Could you do two favours to me. Pas the links of the graphics as team logos and team tshitrs. And ma ke a tactical discussio about counter as you did for posseion tactics Cheers

Hey mate congrtas aobut this new tactic!Could you do two favours to me. Pas the links of the graphics as team logos and team tshitrs. And ma ke a tactical discussio about counter as you did for posseion tactics Cheers

that would be a good idea, however, I don't have the time at the moment.. there are many threads regarding this all over the web, google it and you will find very good articles from people like myself

Club & Competition Logos - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

DOWNLOAD TACTIC

shouts:

get ball forward
exploit flanks
clear ball to flanks (when away from home)
run at defence

Last edited:
Request that Advanced Playmaker makes a tactic review about the tactic :D

send me the link to the website?

is that Kyanites?

he did want to do a review once it was finished, he mentioned it here on the thread :)

I'm really impressive by Hannover's philosophy. Would it possible to give me answer for a question ?
That is, Should I use shouts you recommend in every match ??