The Asian Football Thread.

Come on Aussies!

Get past the UAE here then avenge our group stage loss to South Korea in the final!!!

Just kicked off!

Call of the tournament by commentator Simon Hill, asked about Omar Abdulrahman he says "he might look like David Luiz but he plays like David Silva." Lol

Ooohhhh yea!!! 3rd minute Aussies lead! Sainsbury scores from a corner, go you good thing!

Just kicked off!

Call of the tournament by commentator Simon Hill, asked about Omar Abdulrahman he says "he might look like David Luiz but he plays like David Silva." Lol

Ooohhhh yea!!! 3rd minute Aussies lead! Sainsbury scores from a corner, go you good thing!

Omar's style is somewhat like Silva though.

And UAE were unlucky not to score. Good play to create chance.

Omar's style is somewhat like Silva though.

And UAE were unlucky not to score. Good play to create chance.

Yea, Aussies 2-0 up atm but its not that one sided, as you said UAE have had their chances & were even denied by the post.

Yea, Aussies 2-0 up atm but its not that one sided, as you said UAE have had their chances & were even denied by the post.

Now Aussies are settled and controlling it completely. Not sure UAE can surge any comeback.

meh, awful year for indonesia, hopefully persib will be able to do something better in the champions league..

Now Aussies are settled and controlling it completely. Not sure UAE can surge any comeback.

Yea Aussies are really getting in their faces & putting them under pressure. UAE still getting the odd half chance on the break but you get the feeling its gunna take something special to get them back into it.

meh, awful year for indonesia, hopefully persib will be able to do something better in the champions league..

Can't say I know a lot about Indonesian football, who would you say is Persib's best player? Or Indonesia's best for that matter?

Geez, UAE are looking much more dangerous since the half. I know we are still 2 goals up but I would not be happy with this 2nd half if I were Ange!

We're through 2-0, bring on the Koreans!

Central pair Spiranovic & Sainsbury were very good second half.

Actually feel for the UAE. If they were playing anyone else I'd have been cheering for them. Surely Abdulrahman will not be at Al-Ain next year?

Can't say I know a lot about Indonesian football, who would you say is Persib's best player? Or Indonesia's best for that matter?
indonesian best? well, we still rely on players from 2010 suzuki cup. mixture of some indo-dutch guys, and still get beaten by youthies from malaysia. probably boaz solossa is the best one for now.. most of our players in the NT is in their early 30s, regeneration doesn't work well.. so, yeah.. Persib's best one.. well I don't know, we just lost our two main strikers, so i guess it is either firman utina, makan konate (both midfielders) or vladimir vujovic.

PS: thank f*ck we don't need to meet mariners in playoff, which is nice..

Have been really enjoying the Asian Cup so far with some teams have/had really surprised me such as UAE, Iraq and even Bahrain I liked watching.

The player of the tournament for me so far would be Omar Abdulrahman had honestly never heard of him before the tournament had started but he is really something. After research he once had a Trial with Man City? Shame it couldn't work and would love to see him in Europe. If you haven't seen him play here's some highlights of him in 2014 playing for the UAE team and Al Ain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUKy4vQ2e1o

Oh and Go The Aussies on Saturday! :)

AWESOME link Weiry!!! The guy is phenomenal on the ball, would love to see him go to Europe & show what he can do!

I'd heard rumours of him but had never seen him play & assumed he was a bit over-hyped, boy was i wrong. Been a pleasure to watch him.

Oh & go the Aussies!

Just kicked off!

I heard Adam Peacock say that after the U.A.E-Japan game. Pretty sure he coined it

******* Aussies taking Mile Jedinak then making the final grumble grumble

It could have been worse GC, at least his ankle has come good ;)

Cant complain too much, we've been winning every game in his absence. Though we've also been conceding about two per game, so yeah, we could do with him back plz.

3rd place playoff tonight. Iraq vs UAE. Both teams have been fun to watch, will be good to just sit back & enjoy the match before the nerves take over for the final tomorrow.

Looks as though Franic will be out for Oz :S

Just coming home from work and heard on the radio that some Nations (particularly Gulf Nations) are leading the charge to kick Australia out the Asian Confederation. I hope this doesn't happen as it is very entertaining games/teams we come up against in Asia and The Oceania Confederation/Nations obviously isn't to strong I'd rather play against tough teams then "easy" pushover teams.

What I was thinking that could happen and I know that Lippo made a point about this before about disbanding the Oceania Confederation and add New Zealand to Asia and maybe a best of the Pacific Team? (The Best players from all of the Pacific Island Teams or the "rest" of the Oceania Confederation such as Tahiti, New Caledonia, Vanuatu etc.) I don't know just a thought as I'd rather watch Oz in Asia playing games that will test us then games where honestly there's not much competition #31nil.