The Asian Football Thread.

Korea are really sitting back now, dont know if they are spent or just happy to go to penalties?

Woooooooooo! Troisi! 2-1 Aussies!

Last edited:
Yeeesssss!!!!! We have won it!!!

So much credit to South Korea, that was sensational , worthy of a final for sure, what a game!!!

:'( :'( :'( (with happiness)

What a cracker of a game!! Couldn't think of a much better final for today. Hats off to South Korea they kept up to the final whistle and had an overall good match.

GO THE AUSSIES!

After conceding so late what an effort to come back & go again in extra time!

So impressed by the Koreans not only can they match it with the Japanese technically but they have shown tonight that they can also go toe to toe with the Aussies physically, they are a fantastic side!

But, go the Aussies!!!

Just heard that Robbie Kruse suffered an Achilles injury and will be out for 12 months I reckon he has been good this tournament and hopes he has a speedy recovery

Just heard that Robbie Kruse suffered an Achilles injury and will be out for 12 months I reckon he has been good this tournament and hopes he has a speedy recovery

Thats heartbreaking has just come back from 12 months out with an acl.

GK of the tournament - Mat Ryan (aus)

Top goal scorer - Ali Makhout (uae)

Mvp of the tournament - Massimo Luongo (aus) ?
Heard Swindon have already turned down 2.5 mil for him, undoubtabley has been impressive but think Omar Abdulrahman can count himself unlucky.

Yeah Omar would've been up there for me I also think Sainsbury had a great tournament. It will be interesting to see if Luongo will stay at Swindon I here half of the Championship are after him?

Glad you mentioned Sainsbury, he was very impressive.

Mat Ryan has been linked with Liverpool but i think that's a stretch, Luongo, I've heard, is a 5 mil target for a lower level La Liga side but no names were mentioned & i think that is also a stretch given the financial state of Spanish football atm, Other than that i've heard no other rumours from the tournament that would merit mention?

Word is Abdulrahman earns to much in the UAE & has little interest in Europe so that is extremely disappointing :(

Timmy Cahill has agreed to join Chinese side Senghai Shenhua after his New York contract is up. :'( So wanted to see him in the Sky blue of Sydney FC!

Last edited: