The Asian Football Thread.

That is absolute bullshit but sadly sounds like something fifa would listen to. Plenty of cash over there to grease the wheels! Sounds like sour grapes to me though.

Weiry's idea is actually not a bad one. We all know Oceania is less than useless, so why not get rid of it? The ICC allow the caribean islands to band together as the west indies so why could fifa not allow a similar situation for the pacific islands? Would have to be better then a dozen different tiny nations all getting spanked by 10 every game.

Bizarre game this. UAE haven't looked interested all night, Iraq have dominated even since being reduced to 10 men yet the Emerati's win 3-2. Harsh on the Iraqi's.

Didn't see much of the game but Iraq looked good they led 2-1 at half time but Abdulrahman played a great over the top ball in the second half and the striker rounded the keeper to make it 2-2 then a few minutes later Iraq gave a way a penalty and the Iraqi got sent off (didn't think it should've been a red tbh) Penalty was good 3-2. Then after that didn't see much of the rest of the match but UAE and Iraq both have pretty young sides? I believe and I think they could rise in the coming years. I also liked the UAE striker Ahmed Khalil I think it is? Who scored two I think is the same age as Omar? But both teams look like they have promising futures.

Yea Khalil's touch & finishing was pretty impressive, ditto for Mabkhout(? Spelling) Hard to think of a standout for Iraq, they are just a tough side all over the park seems like the more their backs are against the wall the harder they fight.

Down a man they went up a gear & were a bit unlucky. For me the red was fair enough, you cant bring a man down from behind when he's 1 on 1 with the keeper even if it did seem a bit soft.

Anthems then kick off, god i think i'm more nervous then the players!

No nation has ever been Asian Cup champions & had the winners of the champions league at the same time! Come on boys, total Aussie domination!!!

Fantastic start, a real arm wrestle, Koreans more than matching the Aussies physicality, balls to the wall, **** for leather stuff!

Halftime. The Koreans have had the better of it but a super strike from the Swindon superstar sends the aussies in in the lead. Fantastic game so far.

Well struck goal by Luongo there come on Aussies 45 minutes left!!

Reckon we can hang on here Weiry? Cant get out of our own half atm
theyve been attacking well wouldn't suprise me if they equalise but we should hold on.

Kruse and Franjic are off (Milligan to Right Back and McKay on)

Aussies going down like flies, looks like Kruse may have done an achilles (& got a card for it!!!) & Franjic has also had to go off, no changes left for Ange! 15 minutes to go, hang in there boys!!!

Would probably say that Korea have been the better team in the last 20 minutes or so it will be a test for the Aussies in extra time after making all of their subs.