Evening Raikan,

Iv been wondering, I now have two decent target men who I want to play, if I use them as poachers and in the team instructions I put the target man option as play to feet/head etc will it still work as effectively?

Also a sub question (as they say in the BBC 5 World Football Phone in) if I am playing away to someone like Norwich or Stoke, what team talk would you go with. I'm Man Utd, top and unbeaten, I do think using the wrong team talk is detrimental because in the motivation in game screen it dropped dramatically to nervous or uninterested..

Also sorry, took over brazil, then player report goes AWOL.. It's annoying cause it has all the info on where th player can play, it's odd

Evening Raikan,

Iv been wondering, I now have two decent target men who I want to play, if I use them as poachers and in the team instructions I put the target man option as play to feet/head etc will it still work as effectively?

Also a sub question (as they say in the BBC 5 World Football Phone in) if I am playing away to someone like Norwich or Stoke, what team talk would you go with. I'm Man Utd, top and unbeaten, I do think using the wrong team talk is detrimental because in the motivation in game screen it dropped dramatically to nervous or uninterested..

hey bud,

1) are they TM's or Poachers? you cant instruct a TM to perform poachers settings successfully :) You can use poachers as the TM in team instructions and have the ball played into feet or run onto (but given poacher role and settings) or you can have the TM but with TM instructions to hold up the ball etc.. Poachers and TM's are the two most opposite of players

2) It completely depends on your players, your experience/rep, players morale and form etc.. I cannot give you the answer :)

I was planning to use them as poachers then tick the target man options as play into feet

I need help with Douglas Costa.
He irritates me with his frequent long shots. If I play him for 90 mins, he normally has 9-11 shots every time. All of them wayward. I tried to coach him to avoid taking long shots. But failed.
He has 1 brilliant game in 3 games for me where he is unstoppable. Should I sell him and buy someone or should I stick with him?

I need help with Douglas Costa.
He irritates me with his frequent long shots. If I play him for 90 mins, he normally has 9-11 shots every time. All of them wayward. I tried to coach him to avoid taking long shots. But failed.
He has 1 brilliant game in 3 games for me where he is unstoppable. Should I sell him and buy someone or should I stick with him?

Had the same problem mate, sold him on an see started banging them for athletico Madrid.. Annoying

hey raikan startin my 2nd season network game with man utd i have ozil, hazard, gotze,hamsik, banega, sandro, rooney, hearnandez and van persie i no i cant play them all but could you suggest a tactic to get the most out of my best players cheers bud

I need a striker for my squad! I'm Chelsea so most will come to me. U21, under 15m pounds and a tall guy that preferably also has pace but most importantly can finish well, thanks!

Southampton

How many leagues shoul I run for a long save with Southampton ? What leagues produce the best regens ?

What do you think of playing Gotze as CM?

as long as you have a good ball winner next to him then you should be ok! I would play him in the centre of a 3 man flat midfield as AP - run with ball often and having the other two next to him on BWM - Support/Defend!

I have a problem with my team. I'm managing Man United and I'm using one of your tactic - One touch/possession and CCC. It's really doing wonders for me, but after I changed this tactic to Goals Galore by Koflok (did that before on matches with Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal) to play Liverpool and I lost it 2:0 I only had one game as good as previous. From that time my players have huge difficulties to score, they usually shot right in the keeper or next to the goal. I have good training program and good trainers, I already told some of my players to get better in upcoming games and I really don't know what else can I do about this.
Here are my fixtures (sorry it's not in english, this lost with Southampton was a friendly):

View attachment 248973

Before Stoke City they were playing really well, most of the time matches were already won by the second half, but after that match they were really struggling to score a goal. With QPR they needed extra time to win.
What's wrong with my players?

Oy up Raikan! :D

I'm gonna' be a real pain the **** this time round... ;)
Alright I might as well line 'em up for you:
1) I've noticed that players with great long shot stats have a habit of hammerin' shots left, right and skying them, whereas players who only have 13 or 14 in the long shot rating tend to smackin' the ball in to the top corner from insane ranges... So my question is this: How do I determine if a player is going to be a ranged threat or dead?
2) Also, through a lot a ranging around on this forum I've kinda' figured out what the sliders do, and what kind of effect I can expect from tinkerin' with them, but sometimes things don't go at all as I've planned them to do, so, even though I know it's gonna' be a bit of a **** pain doing, could you please list what the sliders do (And I mean both in the player instructions and the team instructions area)? Though I must say that a "no" in case of you not being bothered will be respected! ;)

Just wanted to let you know that I've got loads of respect for the work you put into this!
Gibson

I have a problem with my team. I'm managing Man United and I'm using one of your tactic - One touch/possession and CCC. It's really doing wonders for me, but after I changed this tactic to Goals Galore by Koflok (did that before on matches with Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal) to play Liverpool and I lost it 2:0 I only had one game as good as previous. From that time my players have huge difficulties to score, they usually shot right in the keeper or next to the goal. I have good training program and good trainers, I already told some of my players to get better in upcoming games and I really don't know what else can I do about this.
Here are my fixtures (sorry it's not in english, this lost with Southampton was a friendly):

View attachment 248973

Before Stoke City they were playing really well, most of the time matches were already won by the second half, but after that match they were really struggling to score a goal. With QPR they needed extra time to win.
What's wrong with my players?

SO the problem arose when you changed tactics? Just give it time mate, it takes a while for the team to get used to tactics, Goals galore is a great tactic :)

just give it time and put match prep to VERY high and teamwork :)

Oy up Raikan! :D

I'm gonna' be a real pain the **** this time round... ;)
Alright I might as well line 'em up for you:
1) I've noticed that players with great long shot stats have a habit of hammerin' shots left, right and skying them, whereas players who only have 13 or 14 in the long shot rating tend to smackin' the ball in to the top corner from insane ranges... So my question is this: How do I determine if a player is going to be a ranged threat or dead?
2) Also, through a lot a ranging around on this forum I've kinda' figured out what the sliders do, and what kind of effect I can expect from tinkerin' with them, but sometimes things don't go at all as I've planned them to do, so, even though I know it's gonna' be a bit of a **** pain doing, could you please list what the sliders do (And I mean both in the player instructions and the team instructions area)? Though I must say that a "no" in case of you not being bothered will be respected! ;)

Just wanted to let you know that I've got loads of respect for the work you put into this!
Gibson

hey bud,

1) you don't really, other stats like finishing, technique, strength have a part to play as well as PPM's.. but usually players with good long shots should score more.. Decisions also play a part, players with lower long shot stats with good decisions will choose the better time to shoot rather than someone who will just crack them at every opportunity.. (if you know what I mean, there are many factors)

2) creative freedom if too high will most of the time counter act your instructions, so make sure you keep it minimal and to use it effectively, only 1-3 of your most creative players should be given normal-high... PPM's also counter act instructions.. if the player has run with ball often and you ask them hold up the ball and never run with ball will have an effect if you get what I mean :) try and merge the players PPM's and instructions to compliment each other rather than counteracting each other :)

glad to help bud ;)