The Aston Villa Thread

Shame really. GodCubed was on about how Villa have got Champions league quality player for around 5 Million :p

Seriously though, this doesn't make any sense.

He was a good player. Tidy on the ball and always looked for the simple pass. Was surprised that Petrov was picked ahead of him to be honest. (Petrov however does have a higher work rate.) Seems bizarre unless Big Eck has something up his sleeve.

So.... what is the point of loaning Makoun out? He's only been there for half a season!

Tell me about it.

JENAS?!?! LOLWUT

Oh ****.

Who I think:- Owen Hargreaves, Alan Hutton +1 Championship standard player.

Who I want:- Salomon Kalou, Yossi Benayoun, Anthony Annan.

I can dream.

Lol@Kalou. Maybe, though.

Shame really. GodCubed was on about how Villa have got Champions league quality player for around 5 Million :p

Seriously though, this doesn't make any sense.

4 mil! Was such a good deal, I'm ****** off.

He was a good player. Tidy on the ball and always looked for the simple pass. Was surprised that Petrov was picked ahead of him to be honest. (Petrov however does have a higher work rate.) Seems bizarre unless Big Eck has something up his sleeve.

Petrov was picked ahead of him 'cause he was club captain, that's the only reason I can think of. You're right about Jean Deux though, he was nothing if not tidy. Looked for the simple option but always had the ability to hit it longer. All the people saying he couldn't tackle were just plain wrong too.

Wait, why is makoun on loan, and to who?

Wait, why is makoun on loan, and to who?

Villa are like ManCity. Have too many stars so have to offload fringe players. Makoun was the first one to go. Galacticos FTW..

1) @MatKendrick
Just heard that Villa are lining up a signing in the 'one for the future' category. More details to follow later hopefully #avfc'

^ I wonder?

2) @SkySports
'Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves is in line for a shock move to local rivals Manchester City after undergoing a medical at Bridgewater hospital.'

^ Phew.

Villa are like ManCity. Have too many stars so have to offload fringe players. Makoun was the first one to go. Galacticos FTW..
Stars? Sure, they are a good team with some top players (Bent) but they are obviously a selling club if they sell Downing and Young. Can't really see Bent staying past January if Villa don't do well, especially after he spoke out saying that he was disappointed that Downing and Young have gone.

I predict a top half finish for you at the end of the season, but I doubt you will get into Europe, especially with many teams improving (Newcastle, Sunderland, Wolves, Bolton, Stoke, etc.) and the established 'giants' of Liverpool, Arsenal (may not get into the Champions League this season), Everton (unfortunately) and Tottenham. An 8th/9th finish would be a realistic prediction, but I think you will lose some key players due to not qualifying for Europe.

This thread should be re-named 'The Take the **** out of Villa and GodCubed Thread'! ;)

1) @MatKendrick
Just heard that Villa are lining up a signing in the 'one for the future' category. More details to follow later hopefully #avfc'

^ I wonder?

2) @SkySports
'Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves is in line for a shock move to local rivals Manchester City after undergoing a medical at Bridgewater hospital.'

^ Phew.

1) Enda Stevens is about to finalise a move to us, arriving in January.

2) You're relieved?

Jenas having medical ahead of a season long loan. Not a permanent deal.

What would you say is Villa strongest 11 and best formation? :)

Given
Hutton Collins Dunne Warnock
Petrov Delph
N'Zogbia Bannan Agbonlahor
Bent
^ I reckon that's our strongest. The Heskeysperiment in attacking midfield has had mixed results - he's scored, and worked hard for the team, but remains to be someone with occasionally breathtakingly bad touch - and Bannan has looked mature and intelligent when coming on 'in the hole'. The 4-2-3-1 suits us: Delph's a capable deep-lying player, it gives him space to drive into, and Petrov has to cover less ground with someone of such energy and drive alongside him. It also gives Bent three foils to work off, and allows out full-backs forward. However, I think this is the foreseeable formation will include Heskey for Bannan, changing the whole focus of the formation from ball retention to a more physical-based attack.

That's basically a really bad version of the QPR team.

Kind of.

I forgot how amazing Jason Puncheon is. ;)

IKR, good back-up, already had a go at the prem, if SWP, DJ Campbell, J Mackie amongst other beastly players are unavailable right there to step in, basically a better version of N'Zogbia if you think about it and he's a back-up

IKR, good back-up, already had a go at the prem, if SWP, DJ Campbell, J Mackie amongst other beastly players are unavailable right there to step in, basically a better version of N'Zogbia if you think about it and he's a back-up

Admit it Sid, you're just a London team made up of Palace rejects. :p

Admit it Sid, you're just a London team made up of Palace rejects. :p

By Palace rejects I assume you mean players Neil Warnock brought with him to us and who in turn helped us to win the championship emphatically and are now PL players, albeit back-up, and Palace are even trying to buy back some of them.

:)

By Palace rejects I assume you mean players Neil Warnock brought with him to us and who in turn helped us to win the championship emphatically and are now PL players, albeit back-up, and Palace are even trying to buy back some of them.

:)

We didn't need them. Clint Hill is worse than Claude Davis. :p

I still want to know what is going on in McLeish's head if he thinks Jenas>Makoun. Life hurts sometimes.
Happy with Hutton though, always felt he was slightly underrated until he had a few great games last season and finally people started to take notice of him.
I've never heard of Enda Stevens, anyone know what he's like?