The Basque BAP (follow the story here)

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 264
  • Views Views 22K

Should I remove the transfer ban so Athletic can begin to sign players?

• Total voters
Cheers Steve, brilliant BaP definitely interested in your next.

oh.. can we get the Spain information pic too please? see who had most apps and goals etc.

Em theres not much point in posting the Spain info as you wont show up on it. I will get history in a few mins though. :)

Cool,will let you know when i have a template up.

Between us I think we've invented all the "new" styles of BaP... :L
And count me in :P

Ah i cant take much credit, this was only my first BaP. The next one will rock your socks though :D

Can I have the schalke info screen and history of Ben Dover :D

Ill get the Schalke screen, Ben Dovers history was posted in the update just before he retired. Cant get it again as i delete all screens after i upload. Should be in the last 3 updates :)

Last edited:
Manager sounds quite good... might take time to get going though :) would have to limit the numbers to around 5.

If you did the 2002 one though I'd have to do the manager, I really like that idea.

I have 2 choices.
1. BaP manager. start off as a 30 year old with a decent rep. See who can be the best manager and win the most over 20-30 years.
2. BaP 2002. Using Championship Manager 4(assuming i find the disc,if not it will be CM 03/04). Normal BaP but no Messi/Ronaldo/Torres dominating awards :)

Which would you prefer?

The first one. Great BAP btw, looking forward to your next one!

Ok thats settled. Everybody prefers the manager idea. Will take a bit of time testing the reps, dont want us to walk into the biggest jobs. Maybe start off mid to high Championship and work our way up.

I was thinking of maybe 10. All the most regular posters on this game...

Would be along the same basis as a bap, pick stats and see how things pan out, not going to make it an auction game. All signings will be up to AI.

Ok thats settled. Everybody prefers the manager idea. Will take a bit of time testing the reps, dont want us to walk into the biggest jobs. Maybe start off mid to high Championship and work our way up.

I was thinking of maybe 10. All the most regular posters on this game...

Would be along the same basis as a bap, pick stats and see how things pan out, not going to make it an auction game. All signings will be up to AI.

Sounds awesome. Reserve me a slot. i've got a lot of work lately, so it's not sure that i'm gonna make the sign-up's.

Will do Andreas. Dont think it will be an open game anyway. Im going to give the people involved in this game first preference for spots.
I may make a template Wednesday and will pm it to everybody by Friday at the latest. Going to do it by Pm this time so nobody will know your tendancies.

This is still just a rough idea so people please leave your suggestions?

Will do Andreas. Dont think it will be an open game anyway. Im going to give the people involved in this game first preference for spots.
I may make a template Wednesday and will pm it to everybody by Friday at the latest. Going to do it by Pm this time so nobody will know your tendancies.

This is still just a rough idea so people please leave your suggestions?

Be careful when you set up, might need RTE.

I made a test DB with random attributes, You, Andreas and Brad (Put in actual names rather than "Test 1,2" etc. ) turned out as managers, but I turned out as a coach.

Fixed now though, I'll post the bios of the tests in the morning :)

Sounds very good and different.

Question, will the managers start of unemployed or in a job?

Not sure yet, me and Danny are testing at the minute to see how the managers progress with different rep. If they cant get jobs may give people a choice of a league 1 side to be manager.

Sorry havent been posting as I have been away so only caught up now.
My guy was too loyal for his own good and had 57 caps but only 103 club appearances.
finally upped my wage at 37 lol.
not a great career tbh but ohwell.
would be interested in manager one too

would be interested in manager one too

Ok Brian, there is a lot of interest in this so far.
Only looking to have around 10 players and will pick from this BaP.
So far people that have showed an intrest will be put in once they have posted a few times on this thread.

Possible managers:
Danny,
Me,
Sid,
Wilko,
Andreas,
Brian,
Connor,
Kenrry,
Mads,
Callun
NSNO.

If they want a spot its theres as they have been regular posters on here.
If anybody isnt interested i will make space for other people that are interested.
If there is a lot of interest i may expand the idea to 15 people but will be no more than that as there will be a lot of updating. Im planning on maybe a 40 year carreer game here

Last edited:
Ok Brian, there is a lot of interest in this so far.
Only looking to have around 10 players and will pick from this BaP.
So far people that have showed an intrest will be put in once they have posted a few times on this thread.

Possible managers:
Danny,
Me,
Sid,
Wilko,
Andreas,
Brian,
Connor,
Kenrry,
Mads,
Callun
NSNO.

If they want a spot its theres as they have been regular posters on here.
If anybody isnt interested i will make space for other people that are interested.
If there is a lot of interest i may expand the idea to 15 people but will be no more than that as there will be a lot of updating. Im planning on maybe a 40 year carreer game here

Hmmm, maybe not 40 years, if you're lucky. Most of my tests had retired after 15 years, but that was with quite a low rep (therefore less jobs). Let me know how long yours lasts.

Hmmm, maybe not 40 years, if you're lucky. Most of my tests had retired after 15 years, but that was with quite a low rep (therefore less jobs). Let me know how long yours lasts.

I think you should maybe randomize the rep. Just to make each manager more unique, some will be in lower leagues, others will be winning the champions league?

Back