The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

ahh, no updates from me... unless I can remember some transfer values... :S I might aswell, and just fix up the values when I get home :)

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

bbc20sports.png

Kalou to Newcastle - Loan

Salomon Kalou has moved to Newcastle on a season long loan after being placed on the transfer list. Beresford stated he wanted to try out Kalou first before securing him full time. The debate is where Kalou will be playing, as the left midfield position is occupied by Hlousek, the right occupied by Jonas and the striker position occupied by Carroll and Lovenkrands. Kalou will most likely be a utility player, filling in where he can and when needed, although he might also replace the aging Lovenkrands up forward.

kalou_1267912.jpg

Newcastle have paid a rough fee of £775,000 for the Ivorian, and they are also paying half his wages. Many fans have already expressed their approval of the signing. One fan said, "He is a top class player, we are proud to have him here in Newcastle, hopefully Beresford can sign Salomon completely."

Do Newcastle need more players? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited:
If you have your figures right, and that's how much you signed him for, that is an EPIC deal for Kalou. Hope he shines like e did at your PSG game.

Loan man, loan :p It's still a great deal, and I'm not sure, but I might have an option to buy for 3 or so mil... hopefully.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

sorry about the lack of updates from me and toddzy over the last 12 hours, and it will continue for another day or so, we both have prior commitments that leave us unable to to play fm and update, apologies from me, and i assume toddzy.

If only all stories were as good as this ! I love that BBC article about the kit !

Hope both of you can lead Newcastle to success !

Thanks man, hehe, making me blush :p. Oh toddzy will lead em to success before me :S

Hmmm, strikerv9dutch, I'm not sure...both of you have sttunning sides, yoou both have the wonderful but you have Ochoa, Riquelme and now Kalou, but toddzy has Rakitic, Bonera and Ben Arfa...ooh, it's close!

And don't forget, I have Rafinha :p And Hlousek ;) And I have some money left, but not much :S But his tactics are better I think...

Hmmm, you make a point. It will be very interesting to see who takes the 'second season syndrome' better! :p

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle's Pre-Season

Last year with Newcastle finishing 12th in the Premier League, John Beresford set out on improving his team in hopes of challenging for Europe. With many players in and out, Newcastle have been one of the more active teams this transfer window, with 17 players coming in and out of Newcastle. It is likely that Beresford will cut down on his spending now, as he has to be out of money, with a loss of roughly £17,900,000 so far. Newcastle now have, what Beresford says, a "perfect" squad size, with 26 first team players playing for Newcastle.

The big signings of Riquelme, Hlousek, Kalou, Rafinha and Cahill have already been mentioned. Other transfers into St.James' Park include Gonzalo Jara from West Brom, Daniel Pacheco from Liverpool (loan) and Pablo Rodriguez from Boca Juniors. Major transfers out have included Ryan Taylor and Wayne Routledge to Portsmouth, James Perch to Bolton (P/Ex) and Leon Best to Leicester. Many young players have also been sent out on loan.

View attachment 108793
Transfers of Hlousek and Riquelme not included because they were confirmed last season.

The Newcastle squad is starting to shape up like this.
View attachment 108794

---

A total of 6 friendlies were played by Newcastle, including the 2 games in the Newcastle Memorial Cup, held at St.James' Park over two days.

Southampton 1-3 Newcastle
7' Jonas
26' Lovenkrands
55' Kalou

Exeter 0-2 Newcastle
5' Lovenkrands
18' Lovenkrands
42' Lovenkrands missed penalty

Crewe 0-2 Newcastle
40' Carroll
45' Carroll

Sheffield United 0-2 Newcastle
20' Jonas
92' Carroll

Newcastle Memorial Cup

50px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png
aberdeen.gif
standard-liege-50x50-en.jpg
villareal.gif

Semi Final

View attachment 108795

Newcastle 5-0 Aberdeen
12' Gosling
27' Carroll
40' Ranger
45' Riquelme Pen
50' Ranger

A brilliant performance from Newcastle, strong at the back and the front, dominating a weak Aberdeen. Ranger played well in only his 3rd appearance of the pre-season.

Final

View attachment 108796

Newcastle 5-0 Standard Liege
1' Carroll
14' Riquelme
22' Tiote
49' Luisma
71' Lovenkrands

Another 5 star performance in front of the home fans, looking good going into the new season. Carroll really starting to hit form just as he gets ready for the Premier League start.

How well can Newcastle do this year, mid-table, Europe, or relegation? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited:
Great performances and good starting line up maybe you can scrape europe this time round :)

Nice buys, nice squad and very nice pre-season, especially the Newcastle Cup. Well done mate!

yeah, I was very happy with the Newcastle Memorial Cup :p I've played one league game, but I'm gonna stop playing until toddzy is in at least March, I will probably update the first game in the next few days :)

Quick apologie from me on a lack of updates. I have been away this weekend which has prevented me from being able to play FM sadly. So if I get through some sigs tonight then I will try and update tonight, but it will be a bulk update in order to catch up with strikerv9dutch as I assume he'll be getting quite inpatient.

Not at all impatient, I have two updates that I can do whenever, I also just got FIFA11 :D, And I have another FM save that I'm getting a bit into, so I can wait for a while :)

Defo update this tonight, but will be a mega update from December to February, in THIS form. You probably won't be able to view the pictures as I've removed them from my imageshack account, but you get the general idea ae.

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle release Goalkeeper kit

Newcastle United have today unveiled, the new goalkeeper kit for the 2010/11 season. To be worn by Ochoa, Harper and Krul. The BBCSports Sponsorship remains in place, as well as Umbro remaining as the kit manufacturer. One change, is the change from Toddzy Creations to El_Wufio Studios for the goalkeeper kit. The kit seems crazier, so maybe that's why Beresford changed kit designers.

striker_newcastle_goalie2.png
View attachment 108905

The kit will go on sale in a days time in the online Newcastle Shop - https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/liv...ge&page=splash&menu=menu&suppress_header=yes- for £45, or can be pre-ordered now for £50.

****, Ive been sacked from kit designs :mad: Good update mine, I'll have a couple later on!

No, of course you haven't! I just got Wulf to do the keeper kit cos I wanted it a bit crazy, I'm still with you for the normal kits :wub: Haha yay, :wub: your updates... and did you see my pre-season one yet?