The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

very good update toddzy :) you two make a great partnership ;)

Off topic : 2000th post ^^)

Thanks guys thought I'd tie in some RL to the story seems to have worked well with your comments :)

Just had a read through this guys. Great stuff. Love seeing you do battle. I followed your PSG/Marseille game and enjoyed that too. All the best with this.

Hey man , im new to this website and i think this is great , i am thinking of starting a story , any ideas who i can start with ? I was thinking Newcastle but i don't want to make it out s though i am copying you

Loving this, keep it going! Not sure about not signing Ben Arfa though, mate, one of my favourite players in the game (funnily enough, Ochoa is another one). Good luck for the new season, let's get into the top-half!

bbc20sports.png

Magpies complete double swoop

Newcastle United manager John Beresford has announced two new signings for the new season. The first one is English centre back, Gary Cahill, from Bolton. The 24yr old has wanted to move a bigger club for a while, and Newcastle offered Bolton £6,000,000 + James Perch for Cahill, Bolton accepted and then within a few days, he had moved to Newcastle.

0,,1004~6857444,00.jpg

Cahill said, "I am proud to be moving to club like Newcastle, a club with ambition, a club that within a few years can reach Europe again. I wanted to come to a club I could really help, and at Newcastle, I feel like I can fit in."

The other signing is one that was tipped since last season, Brazilian right back, Rafinha. He was transfer listed at Genoa because he was not getting a lot of playing time as Genoa played 3 centre backs, and no fullbacks. Newcastle did have to shell out £7,750,000 for the 24yr old, but it seems well worth it as Rafinha has already impressed in training.

rafinha_display_image.jpg

Another piece of transfer news is that Jonas, the Newcastle winger, may be on his way to Real Madrid. Madrid have offered £7,000,000 apparently, but Beresford wants at least £15,000,000. The Argentinian has wanted out of Newcastle for a while, but a move to Madrid may not be the best as he would warm the bench a lot.

jonas-gutierrez-roma-italia-argentina.jpg

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Hmm, couple of nice signings there mate :) Good deal on both of these players :)

They're alright, I spent a bit much on Rafinha, if I'd bid last season I woulda got him for 3 or so mil :S

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

bbc20sports.png

Controversial Newcastle Kits

Newcastle United have just release the most controversial home and away kits of the decade, even more controversial than Everton's pink kits! They still have black and white stripes, but they are not the iconic stripes that every Newcastle fan is used to. They have now gone with pinstripes instead, so the first kit comprises a black base, with white pinstripes, and the away is the opposite with black pinstripes on a white base. Some fans are outraged with the decision, whereas some fans are excited by new changes brought in by the manager and some just don't care.

Home
newcastle_home-1.png

Away
newcastle_away-1.png

This year they have stuck with Umbro as their kit maker, they have stuck with Toddzy Creations for their designs, but they have changed their shirt sponsor. From GE Money, to BBCSports, and we are proud to announce, that due to our sponsorship, we will follow Newcastle throughout their season very closely. The new kits go on sale at £55 in 3 days time, but can be pre-ordered online at NUFC Direct - https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/liv...age&page=splash&menu=menu&suppress_header=yes

With the third kit still to come people are wondering, can the third kit be more outrageous than these two, or is it not possible? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Henry snubs Newcastle!

Thierry Henry (above) - The 'Toon' is a no show for Henry

BBCsport can exclusivly reveal today that former Arsenal forward Thierry Henry has snubbed a move to Newcastle. The Frenchman stated he wouldn't join for that kind of deal.

Many believed that Henry, 32, would have jumped back to a chance in the F.A Premier League after he publically announced that he wasn't enjoying life in NY. With Newcastle recently recieveing a cash injection also they could afford the funds to attempt to attract the player.

But Henry stated to the media as he left Newcastle airport that the deal wasn't sufficient enough for a player of his calibare. He revealed he had high hopes of a deal to the 'Toon' as he said he admired the passion of the home support. He then stated no futher questions and checked in to attempt to catch is flight back to NY in order to play against LA Galaxy at the weekend.

Todd has came out to the media stating the Henry has let money go to his head. In what is usually kept private, Todd revealed that the Magpies offered Henry £90,000 a week with a £3.5million signing bonus. He would earn £16,000 for every appearance and every goal. But Henry has said to have wanted Newcastle to match his current wage of £155,000 a week, which Todd slammed his foot down and firmly said no.

Whether or not Henry will become more reasonable is a question unaswered at the moment, as is the pending rumours that Newcastle will bid for Beckham.

But what do you think about Henry rejecting Newcastle? Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited:
That sucks man, I guess you'll have to keep looking out for another Frenchman :) I also like the idea of Beckham, good luck with your transfers :p

Just signed 3 players, none of which are French. Ahhh, the craziness of betraying a player on FM (H)

Ooo exciting, when will your next update be? Haha, well I betrayed Ben Arfa aswell... sort of :S

Soon mate just getting some pictures of the players. Then nearly finished playing November so should have that done in the hour mate. :D

Newcastle confirm trio of signings - NO French players!

New Boy - Ivan Rakitic (above) has penned a 5 year deal for the Magpies

Newcastle have today released a statement to the BBC which we can reveal exclusivly on BBCsport. They have told us they have completed the signings of 3 players, none of which are French, which Todd said he would sign.

The first player we are announcing is David Beckham. Newcastle have confirmed rumours that they were going to offer the Beckhams a way out of LA by signing the former England captain in a deal that expires in 2012 and sees him earn £60,000 a week. Beckham, 35, revealed he was delighted to be returning to England and hoped England and Newcastle would be delighted to have him back. He said Newcastle ticked all the right boxes for him, 'A club moving forward with Todd at the helm' were his other words. This will boost revenue for Newcastle on a global scale as we all know, David Beckham is a globally recognised superstar. The fee agreed was £2.5million.

The 2nd signing is Daniele Bonera from AC Milan for a fee of around £3.5million. The Italian CB had fell down the pecking order at AC Milan when he was out longer than expected after a successful hernia operation. Unable to force his way back into the team and becoming unhappy, Bonera requested to be put on the transfer list. Newcastle have stated this a great deal for the club as Bonera has bags of experiance and is still only 28 years old. He will join Newcastle in January with fellow CB addition Alvaro Dominguez, the Spanish CB from At.Madrid that some may have forgotten about.

The final deal, and possibly the best, is the completed signing of Croatian CM Ivan Rakitic from German side Schalke 04. The deal is said to be worth around £9.5million. Rakitic, 21, is highly rated amongst Europe's elite so a deal for him to come to Newcastle is viewed as a major one. Todd admittied he had viewed Rakitic in the summer but wasn't sure if he would be worth blowing all his transfer funds on. But he said he felt dissappointed with himself as Rakitic has been sensational thus far for Schalke. With the cash injection Todd recieved from owner Mike Ashley, Todd said the move was just right. He signs a 5 year deal, a contract which both parties are delighted with.

But in transfers going out, Mike Ashley revealed to the BBC in an interview that Todd wishes to sell several players at the club. He went on to say that Wayne Routledge, Danny Guthrie, Ryan Taylor and Steven Taylor are not a part of Todd's current plans and would like to cash in on them. He has also said the future of loan signing Darron Gibson is undecided with the future arrival of Ivan Rakitic.

So what do we think of the new arrivals? Has Todd blown £16million? Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited: