The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

No i didnt mate I wasn't aware you had one if I'm honest :mad: I assume its on Page 7 so i'll have a look :)

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I fear that you are getting better :mad:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeyOnNple4M"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

This is what has now hit me. Smashing pre-season though, and some good transfers, though I knew them tbh XD Look forward to any updates tonight!​

Hehe, yeah, the squad's really coming together, and Carroll is just amazing as always. I will probably update on the first match in about 10-15 minutes, but then I will wait for you to get to at least March to play on :)

bbc20sports.png

Opening Day Antics - Newcastle United vs Manchester City

A 3:00 start on a warm summer's day, St.James' Park welcomed the two sides for the first match of the season. A huge roar went up when the Newcastle side was announced, especially for Andy Carroll and Guillermo Ochoa, the superstars of last season.

Ochoa
Rafinha - Cahill - Coloccini - Enrique
Tiote
Jonas - - - - - - - - - - Hlousek
Pacheco
Kalou - Carroll

The Newcastle side looked good, but with 5 new signings in the squad, (Rafinha, Cahill, Hlousek, Pacheco and Kalou), the question was, would they be a team? The stars of Man City; Tevez, Silva, Mexes and Hart lined up opposite the stars of Newcaste; Carroll, Jonas, Coloccini and Ochoa. An exciting match in store, or a boring game that both teams didn't want to lose? All was to be revealed in the next 90 minutes.

carroll460.jpg

Carroll - Ready for a big match

The first 10 minutes were tense, two chances to Andy Carroll, Carroll just missing the goal on both occasions, but it was looking good early for Newcastle. An injury to Pacheco followed shortly, but he was able to continue. Carroll had another chance after a lovely ball from Kalou, and he finished it off on his third time of asking. Andy Carroll put Newcastle 1-0 up in the 13th minute. But the joy was only short-lived for Newcastle, as only 3 minutes later, Carlos Tevez made it 1-1 with a clinical finish. Jose Enrique was at fault for the goal as he was far too deep, and he allowed Tevez to stay onside.

carlos-tevez-pa_1537960c.jpg

Tevez puts City back on terms

The game really settled after a crazy first 20 minutes. A chance to Jonas, an injury to Tevez (was able to run it off), and a yellow card to Rafinha the only real "highlights" of the next 20 or so minutes. Then out of nowhere, a Man City corner wasn't cleared properly, Barry hung wide for a through ball, Tevez put him through, and one touch from Barry made it 2-1 Man City. An easy goal for Man City, Barry never should have been able to have that much time on the edge of the box. Halftime came and went, and Rafinha came off due to a yellow card, and Steven Taylor came on, and only 30 seconds into the 2nd half, Barry made it 3-1 to Man City after some brilliant work from David Silva. Man City were running away with it.

Gareth+Barry.jpeg

Barry's second might have sealed the three points for Man City

A few minutes later, Pacheco and Tiote came off for Gosling and Riquelme. The complexion of the game changed as playmaker Riquelme took over the game. He picked up the ball from deep, took it forward and created havoc for the Man City defence, but no chances were taken. Newcastle slowly took over the game, and with 20 minutes, a corner was won. Riquelme curled it in, and Andy Carroll at the back post, made it 3-2, and Newcastle were back in it. 20 minutes to score an equalizer, but could they do it?

0,,12306~5738809,00.jpg

Carroll celebrates his second

With 15 minutes left, Newcastle looked for the equalizer, and a small injury to Hlousek didn't help their chances, as he had to leave the field for treatment, leaving them a man down temporarily. Ochoa was forced to make another save as Man City countered the Newcastle pressure, but they couldn't find their way through the Newcastle keeper for the fourth time. With only seconds left Kalou put yet another beautiful through ball for Carroll, but it looked like he was offside, but the assistant referee kept his flag down. Man City were caught napping, they had stopped, but Carroll hadn't and he was through on goal, only Joe Hart to beat. He took it 20 yards up the field, he slowed up and drove it into the far right corner. Joe Hart dived, but he missed it by fingertips. The ball fizzed past his gloves and hit the post... and it went in. Andy Carroll scored his, and Newcastle's third goal. A hatrick for the 21yr old, and all **** broke loose.

69795.jpg

An iconic celebration from Carroll

Man City protested the decision, but all they were doing was wasting time. Andy Carroll rushed over to the some of the 60,000 Newcastle fans in the stadium, turned around and produced an iconic celebration (above). The last few minutes of injury time were plagued by desperate Man City attack, but the Toon defence held strong. A point for both teams, a 3-3 draw, and an Andy Carroll hatrick, opening day had everything for the Toon, and all the while, John Beresford just sat in the dugout with a wry smile on his face.

View attachment 108906

Does this signal Newcastle's intentions of Europe, or was the draw a fluke? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Last edited:
Great result mate, Carroll is a machine! He'll likely not be replaced in my team either. Can't wait for more ^^)

very good just sat and read it all! will you have a look at mine and tell me what you think? "Bullys Back at Wolves"

toddzy - yes, brilliant result, couldn't believe it. Carroll is absolutely amazing, he is very underated here at FM-Base. I did watch the goal a few times tho, and yeah, he was offside by about a few centimetres, but I aint complainin :) No more from me, at least until you have updated til March, I don't want to get ahead any more :S

Wilko_Wolves - thanks man, I have had a look at yours and commented :)

I really need to just hardcore it soon to catch up, maybe do a bulk update to the end of the season rather than February. Hmmm...oO)

I say do up till Feb, then you can do March, April and May in another big update, but that's just my opinion :)

Great result against manchester City mate :) KIU ! where are te updates toddzy ?

Lodged in my brain currently, unable to write as I'm in college so shall be done later on. Grrrrrr:mad:

While you're in college, i'm in my bed just about to go to sleep :D will read your updates tomo :)

**** you Aussie boy, **** you. Shall be a mega update so you will enjoy it, or else. :wub:

BBCsport reveal Toon's end of season!

The last ball is kicked - No more footballl to be played this season at St James' Park

BBCsport can proudly reveal Newcastle United's end of season update. Under their 1st season guided by new manager Craig Todd, there were a few shocks to the system. Changes were made, some were liked, some disliked. But nevertheless, here is how it all turned out;

The F.A Premier League;

View attachment 108947

After losing on the final day of the season 2-1 to Liverpool at Anfield, Newcastle found themselves finishing in a very healthy 9th place. In their 1st season back up after being relagated, many had tipped the Magpies to struggle. But Todd showed his side was no pushover as they achieved well higher than expected.

- - -

The F.A Cup;

View attachment 108948

In what looked like a perfect finale to a great season for Newcastle, it was ended abruptly when Hatem Ben Arfa let the pressure get to him in the penalty shoot-out. Ashley Cole netted the winning goal. Chelsea retain their crown, though many I'm sure would have been rooting fot the Toon in this one.

- - -

Squad Stats;

View attachment 108949

- - -

Impressive Players;

View attachment 108944 View attachment 108945 View attachment 108946

The forward 3 clearly showed that they were the dynamic spark in Todd's team. The 15 goals netted from the LW for Jonas clearly highlights this. With Andy Carroll only being 21, both England and Scotland have high hopes, as he netted a very impressive 20 goals in all competitions. And last but not least, despite being very homesick, Hatem Ben Arfa managed to chip in with several goals for Newcastle. Todd has stated he will be allowed a leave of absence in the summer.

- - -

January Transfer dealing for those interested;

View attachment 108950

- - -

And that wraps up the season! If you've been an avid follower, then Thank you for watching this page on BBCsport.com. We will no doubt be back next year with more on Newcastle United as Todd marches into the 2010/2011 season. And, for the final time;

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

holy **** that's a good season, 9TH!?!?! great effort man, good transfers, I still cant get over the fact that... 9TH?!?!?! :p Unlucky about the FA Cup :S Nice transfers, although, don't think Lovenkrands should have left :p Good luck with your transfer dealings, and see you next season? ;)

As far as I'm aware. That means;

toddzy 1-0 strikerv9dutch

But yeh thanks man, t'was a good season indeed. Hopefully with the right adjustments, we can improve again. Defo on the market for a keeper, thats a must.

Danke pistol, it's like a weight of my shoulders catching up with 'um XD though I dont update pre-seasn so my next proper update will likely be an august review or transfers :)

Last edited:
Yep well, I shall be playing on now, and I might be able to get in an August update while your sleeping :) And you deffo need a keeper, (maybe that awesome, super-fantastic, spiderman-like, beast... OCHOA :wub:) Good luck for the start, but you are gonna lose this year ;)