The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

• Thread starter Thread starter toddzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 353
  • Views Views 38K
excellent transfers mate! I think Rakitic will be a beast in years to come. Bonera is a good signing aswell as Beckham. I don't think you should sell Steven Taylor yet, keep him at least until the end of the year, as a bit of backup :)

BBCsport review Newcastle's November!

Derby Man - Gosling (above during his time at Everton) scores the winning derby goal against Sunderland

With all the recent fluttering of transfers around Newcastle people would have forgotten that there was still football to be played. With only 4 matches this month, Newcastle won 3/4. BBCsport reviews these games.

The first game of the month game against Everton at Goodison park. Good friends David Moyes and Craig Todd praised each other all through the week leading up to the game and spoke for several minutes on the touchline when the game had kicked off. But it was David Moyes who went home the happy Scotsman as his side defeated Newcastle 1-0, the goal coming from Belgium international Maroune Felliani. Todd, not often gracious in defeat, admittied that they were defeated by the better side on the day.

And with that defeat hopefully out of there minds, the Magpies travlled to Wolves to play Mick McCarthy's side. In a game many Newcastle fans expected to win they were dealt an early blow when they found themselves 2-1 at HT to Wolves. Artem Milevskyi had scored for Newcastle in the 7th minute but they again had fallen behind in terms of quality of football. But whatever Todd said at HT had a marvellous effect on his team as they left the ground with a 3-2 win. It was super-sub Helder Postiga who grabbed the winner in the 83rd minute, breaking Wolves players and supporters hearts. It was Jonas who was the other player on the scoresheet.

The 3rd game of the month seen a home tie against Sam Allardyce's Blackburn Rovers. One of only 4 teams to win the Premier League, Blackburn have slumped in recent years compared to the 'Glory Days'. And it showed today as 28 minutes into the game at St.James' Park they found themselves 3-0 down. It was goals from Ben Arfa (2) and Andy Carroll which had the Newcastle support delighted. It was a superb opener from Hatem Ben Arfa. The Frenchman picked the ball up from the RW and cut inside, dribbled into the box and got the the byline. With his options narrowed and not much he could do, Ben Arfa smacks a shot and bends it around the keeper into the far corner. Truely magic. It would have been a shame for ANY manager if they didn't sign this lad. Goals from Benjani and El Hadji Diouf in the 2nd half sparked a late comeback, but Steve Harper in the Newcastle goal held still.

The final game of the month was the big one. Sunderland vs. Newcastle. It was the most highly anticipated fixture of the year for both teams, the first game the look for when the calender is released. And things started brightly when once again Jonas found himself on the scoresheet after 2 minutes. Newcastle had to withstand heavy pressure for most of the game before in the 67th minute of the game Sunderland finally forced Newcastle to crack, a header from youngster Jordan Henderson grabbed them the equaliser. But on the 7oth minute stand-in captain Alan Smith was hacked down by Lee Catermole, earning him another booking and an injury for Alan Smith. Dan Gosling came on to replace him and on the 78th minute, Newcastle were rewarded. An in-swinging free-kick delivered from Ben Arfa was met at the backpost from Gosling whos bullet header earned Newcastle all 3 points. Fabricio Coloccini also picked up a knock in this game.

And with this month, Newcastle are sitting in an incredible position of 4th, only 7 points of the top of the league. Todd seems to be doing all of the right things at the moment, even if his side did lose to Everton.

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Wow. Fantastic update there.

:wub: this.

Absolutely beautiful layout and great story. You guys should be proud of yourselves.

I am really enjoying this.

haha love the bold about hatem ben arfa. definitely a good buy, he's a wizard.

Wow. Fantastic update there.

:wub: this.

nice update

Absolutely beautiful layout and great story. You guys should be proud of yourselves.

I am really enjoying this.

haha love the bold about hatem ben arfa. definitely a good buy, he's a wizard.

major :wub: for the comments guys they mean a lot! I hope you continue to follow! And the Ben Arfa in bold was a subtle little dig at strikerv9dutch XD tehe!

Love this story guys ;) i hope my story becomes as succesful as yours :)

Brilliant update, you're an amazing writer! But watch out next year when RIQULME tears apart the EPL, not Ben Arfa ;)

I probably could have had another throughout the day but I tried to get motivation for the sig thread to get on top of requests! Playing december just now :)

It's alright, well I can guarantee no updates from me, except for one about the third kit, as I will be away for 3 or 4 days with no FM :'( But I will still be able to read the forum and write so your updates will not go unnoticed by me :D And I like you sig :wub: also your Jonas one was nice.

Shearer returns to Blackburn Rovers - as Manager!

Blast from the past - Shearer (above in his playing days at Ewood) has signed a contract to replace Sam Allardyce as manager

BBCsport understands from various sources that former Newcastle forward Alan Shearer has been handed his 2nd managerial role, at Blackburn Rovers. It comes after a poor showing thus far from Sam Allardyce's team, and he was given the dreaded sack.

Alan Shearer was a league winner with Blackburn Rovers and had a very strong working relationship with Chris Sutton. But now, as he returns as manager, he admits things have changed.

Shearer;
Things are very differant compared to what they used to be at this club, I'm fully aware of that. The board have informed that I will have transfer funds but most of them will come from buying and selling players. I understand that this has to be done. I'm delighted and honoured to take on the role of manager to such a historic club and I will do all I can in order to move the club forward.

But he has a lot to do in order to move this club forward. Many players have already became dis-heartened by the club's poor showing thusfar and have expressed a desire to leave. These include Steven N'Zonzi, David Dunn, Nikola Kalinic and Michel Salgado. He also finds his new team sitting in a nervous position of 16th, only 7 points of the drop zone, something Shearer decribed as 'disgraceful'.

He has his doubters though. Many believe that Shearer isn't a manager, one fan even stated that he should stick to being a pundit. The doubting will likely come after Shearer was unable to turn the fortunes of his beloved Newcastle United, and watched them crash and burn as they derailed into the Coca Cola Championship.

But what do YOU think of Shearer's appointment? If you are a Blackburn fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'BLACKBURN' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

- - -

Foot Note : Just thought it would be nice to include this as he is a Legend at the Toon. IT pretty much has no effect on me or strikerv9dutch as we wont manage Blackburn, if that causes any confusion.

Last edited:
Im considering it yeh, specially Kalinic as you know I dont want to retain Milevskyi :S Hmm....

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle reveal third kit - Reaction; Terrible

Well, Newcastle have done it, they have release possible the worst kit of the century. Not the worst design, but bad colour choices ruined the top. Beresford has been "named and shamed" for his bad choices, and fans are disappointed with him. Toddzy Creations have created another masterpiece, but they could not do much with the colours given to them. Umbro and BBCSports are still the sponsors for the club, but no attention has been paid to them.

newcastle_third-1.png

Beresford has openly admitted that, even though he likes the kit, he may have made a poor decision when it came to colour choices. Newcastle fans on NUFC-Forum - http://www.nufc-forum.com/ - have already stated their hatred for the poor kit, but it will have to do for this season.

Has Beresford gone crazy, or will the Toon fans warm to the kit? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Love this story so much, and what a signing in Rakitic! Both of you now seem to have European quality sides, and I think top-half finishes are obvious for next year, maybe a shot at Europe? Great stuff, guys!

I'm certainly pushing for Europe this season, currently 5th as I sit in February :) but I'm tempted to update or just wait I'm not sure :( hahaha!

pistolped7 - I think I can push into the top 10 this year, and maybe even get into Europa League, and then push on from the money I get from that :)

toddzy - please do update, holidays get boring sometimes and I've got nothing much to do today :S

Back