The Belgian next talent. Can feminine intuition work?

Death Ball

Reaction score
This is one of two stories I will be running in this version and is a special one in the ways I will be playing it.

I'm making a woman because I've been curious whether machism exists within the game or not, though my bet is in not, I think it would be good to see it (let's keep it out of reality and confined to fiction!).

I had a small peek with the beta to see what teams available would hire so I'd start in a low team that was a believable start.

But now to the point that makes it special: Knowing stats is something that would come with time working with the players, so the only way I'm looking at somebody stats is if they've played with my team enough time to make an estimation myself of what I expect them to be or in case of players to buy, if I go to watch enough games to do that... but then when the player has been signed.

Signings, selection and all that will be, in the meantime, done by scout/coach reports.

I start with having no other responsability than team selection and tactical direction of the team, with the ability to point to the director of football my interests or lack thereof about players. If I get enough success, some responsabilities may be taken into my hands, but it must be earned.

*******************************************************************************************

aoztoucrop.jpg

Aurora Schmied is a Belgian girl who's just got her manager certificate and is looking for a team.

She has applied to several teams, defying the looks of disbelief at sending her curriculum to even a Portuguese's second division team.

Two teams approach her: a professional team from England and one local amateur.

I don't speak English and I wouldn't be respected in a professional club, while Bleid-Molenbeek is only two divisions below top instead of four or five. English team?. I don't know, once I decided I threw the English letter away, it's absolutely meaningless. And I still have my regular job

Profile7-2013.jpg

Information7-2013.jpg

The team she finds is, according to the backroom staff, one of good quality for the division, having as weakness the leftback with just one player, which is quickly addressed by asking to hire their first choice of the shortlist they've presented her (Luyten) and weakness of central midfield. A loan report was asked for, without positive results, though there is one player that's being dealt with.

Report8-2013.jpg

Squad8-2013.jpg

Transfers8-2013.jpg

Plannedtransfers8-2013.jpg

At first a 4-2-4 (defensive midfielders and wingers) balanced and standard, using counter attack is tried with fairly decent results, though in the end it is decided to use the coach reports as a guide and begin by tailoring the tactic to the players. These guys will NOT trust a new manager who's both a novice and a woman, first get results in a way they'll like and then they'll be more willing to follow

With that thought, two alternatives are added: a lopsided 4-2-3-1, DMs, MC, MR, AML, ST in which depending on selected player can switch AML to ML and MR to AMR that is of attacking mentality and fluid, with aggresive closing down and man marking system. The second alternative comes from pulling the wingers up to the striker position to build a front three, set to counter attacking, rigidm standing back, zonal marking with fast tempo and little time wasting in which all but the front three are meant to defend, with a little leeway for the midfielder and less to the leftback.

The preseason, that is made of six matches against bigger opposition, sees the three systems utilized, the 4-2-4 giving one result of each kind, being the win against our youth side. The 4-2-3-1 provides us two comfortable wins. The 4-3-3 is played against giants Standard of Liege. It produced a heavy 0-4 loss, but the performance pleased me; we dominated the first 20 minutes, during which they had no shots at goal, they needed 43 mins to score their first goal, we were balanced and back to a little superiority in play for the last ten minutes and we got two shots narrowly wide and forced their goalkeeper to four big saves, having ours making two. That was more than I could expect before the match. Still some left the stadium with shouts of "we had to be managed by a girl, this is pathetic". Pfffft, idiots, I'd like them getting that performance against a Champions League side with an amateur team

Tactics8-2013.jpg

Preseason8-2013.jpg

Finally I chose captains based on expected playing time I plan on giving and what I was told was their personalities. ((Actually I lost concentration and did it on the two I had chosen at the start when, during set pieces setup, I saw their determination and influence, d'oh!))

Captains8-2013.jpg

Curiosities: The image is a drawing of "Kara no Kyoukai" character Aozaki Touko (surname name, which is the Japanese ordering). An anime thriller with supernatural elements, not for kids. It's good, though it would improve withOUT a few hollow pseudo-deep phrases.

The name Aurora Schmied was chosen because of vowel/consonant coincidence and because Schmied is German for smith and Touko is Japanese for Swordsmith.

In the beta peek I saw I could get job from the Portuguese or the Belgian, decided lower would be better and so made a Belgian. Don't find too believable for first job being chosen in a foreign country or for a second tier team.

Photobucket is away not working the best way, not autocopying, I may well look for anothe rimage host.

Last edited:
Great start very interesting

Well, that was disappointing. In the cup we had a big win against a inferior side, which was followed by a defeat against a team from the other group of Third division. There was a clear issue with the way the team played in that 4-3-2-1 formation, and it was that it lacked sharpness in front, creating very little chances. Seeing that second cup game, it was clear not a wise idea to keep it during the season, as Coxyde proved it wouldn't be as effective defensively as it should be from preseason performance and it would have too much problems to produce goals.

The season began with a more canonic 4-2-3-1. There is no use earning their confidence playing them when they like the most if that will not bring results. Problem is, that didn't bring results, either, as there was not much improvement with creating chances and the defence became more vulnerable, specially to the counter attacks, which was the main source of the goals we received. Therefore a return to the initial 4-2-4 with defensive midfielders and wingers was decided, which provided results in the attacking phase, seeing us score in several games in a row. However, the defensive performance, while the team seemed to have a better shape and less vulnerable to counters, didn't see enough improvement at first, though it gave the team a first league victory that would be the only.

The reason for such poor performance of the team has been twofold: in one hand the poor performance of key players, the main of which was Triantafilidis consistency on bad performances, who would often be caught in a bad position and forcing to field less than optimal players in the centreback position. There we had to rely on Boubsi to partner Mununga, and it was so bad that of all the players used there, Boubsi, the one with a youth contract was the best performer there. Then Alageyik, who had been our star player of preseason got injured and didn't perform again. Seddoh has been the only player to perform consistently and well from preseason to season, and Cédric Tuta started with the season as soon we made him the center of our attack with the 4-2-4, but two players and one youth can't sustain a team when every other member fails to deliver. Only goalkeeper Hatefi can be added to the trio of players who deserves some respect, as he's consistently contributed with a good amount of important saves and allowed us to get those four points. It didn't help almost everyone had joined the team in summer before my signing.

The other point that leads to such position is that after that poor start, the teams' morale dropped and we encounter first teams who were overachieving and their morale boost was enough to manage wins (which despite what's been said, were not so easy, those by one goal were not gifted) and then when we met a couple teams that were low, they were bigger teams underachieving and then it was their quality that came over to win the matches for them.

Whatever the reason, such results are only enough to be bottom of the league and with no notable stats other than team bad form.

Seeing how the board members treatment is starting to change, I've decided to resign. I don't want to be the one such a low club, amateur club, sacked. Had I stayed... I might have saved the team from relegation, but it's too far from doing anything in that division to progress my career. Leaving is for the best.

And so, Aurora became unemployed footballistically speaking and returned to her job in the lawyer firm. But it was not to be the end of her career, for she keeps checking on job availability and applying to any that she feels has a shadow of chance to accept. Belgian preferred. Will she get another job? When? Wait for the next update.

I played most in full match mode, but if one doesn't set it too fast for one's liking, then it takes long to play each match, which coupled with having started another game, played normally, for possibly a second story and my work on the Spanish Complete database means the speed of updates is not too fast. I'm considering adopting the idea of making an update each X games/months. Probably it would be around two months, which means about an update each ten days (this is a rough guess, may be less or more).

If you click in the image, not the yellow see full 640*480 from forums, you should see the full size in a new tab

It was over a month of applying to all lower division jobs that became available, and the stupid press questioning my seriousness. How do they expect to find a new job once they lose theirs? Twiddling thumbs?. I finally found one. Some, like the third division Belgian sides that become available declared to feel flattered, but it was just a lie. Finally Fafe was to take my application seriously and offer it to me. However I got this intuition that another team from a bit higher, Fafe were the bottom of one of Portugal's third level groups, would give me the job. So I rejected and I was to be proven right only two days after, when AC Viseu came calling.

Viseuoffer.jpg

This is the set of responsabilities for the staff, leaving Schmied to just manage the tactics and team selection:

Viseutasks.jpg

And here the situation of the team up to her taking over:

Viseutable.jpg

Viseupastgraph.jpg

Viseupastfixtures.jpg

The view over the squad isn't one to be very happy about the future, though the team position gives some reassurance.

Viseureport.jpg

Squadstatstaking.jpg

Squadontake.jpg

There is an obvious black hole in the back of the team. There's enough up front to score and make a serious challenge for promotion; but the back line is completely understaffed, with no backup whatsoever and no decent full backs (the decent left is injured for several months); plus the good goalkeeper being injured for ten months more. Luckily the stats achieved by his replacement, which happens to be my chosen on account of his strength point, seem to be more or less on par or even a little better, having as many clean sheets in half the amount of games and no mistakes. A few players from the scout reports have been marked as transfer targets in hope the director of football will do something to get them. Hopes are minimal, though, considering the team budget is already surpassed, which the only wanted player, Joao Ricardo, has been given to the director of football as a player to try to sell for money.

I may not have been given that task, but I may be forced to try to take things into my own hands to sell some non first choices for some decent full backs and goalkeeper, though first I'll wait to get a good feel of how this squad works

But whatever happens in the market, there is the squad that is in Schmied's hands and her task is to make them play the best way to get results. There is patching the weaknesses or trying to maximize the strength. Three sets of tactics are ellaborated to be used.

The first is a 4-2-4, but unlike the one used with Bleid-Molenbeek, this pushes the central midfielders forward to the center, with one defending to provide some kind of cover to the back four and one attacking minded playmaker. One winger to the left and one inside forward in the right, the side of the target man, to provide more effective target area for the winger's crosses and an advanced forward to pick on through balls. The back four are all ordered to concentrate on defence and worry for nothing more, hence a rigid philosophy. The mentality is standard so as to not get overly focused on pumping the ball forward and passing through the flanks. Man marking, more discipline and less roaming.

ViseuTacic1.jpg

The second is a 4-5-1 V shape with a central midfielder on attacking duty and supporting deep playmaker, winger and inside forward. This one sees the fullbacks with the task to bomb forward. This will use the reported inclination toward the attacking duties of our fullbacks and accepting their lack of defensive prowess, trying to place a central shield to the defence and overload the enemy's flanks while trying to keep our centre somewhat safe. Fluid style with the intention of seeing the foward players more implicated in the defensive phase, again standard mentality so as the central midfielders don't forget working on the attack. Passing mixed as to use all the width and the central trio. Zonal marking so the centrl players will not be abandoning their task of shielding the middle chasing players to the flanks.

Viseutactic2.jpg

The third is more of an experiment for the future, when our decent right winger recovers from injury to try Silvio in a more natural position, see if he can be better used there. A standard 4-2-3-1 that's a kind of a mix between the other two, with short passing as the part that deviates from being an hybrid.

Viseutactic3.jpg

Two games have been played since then. The first saw the 4-5-1 used as I anticipated a 4-2-3-1 by Benfica CB, though they fielded a 4-5-1 like mine. It ended with a 2-2 draw when the right back came inside away from his mark, letting it free for a late equaliser. The second was expected to be tougher and saw the 4-2-4 in action, I had tipped Anadia as title favourites to put pressure on them. The match went not too far from the previous; both had a high amount of chances, with some great saves from both goalkeepers. They drew to 2-2, but this time not as late and, though we saw a goal disallowed, Ribeiro scored with a very precise shot between the goalie and his post to give us a win that brought us back up to fifth and four points from the fourth.

The main note would be the positive surprise of Augusto's performances, where he was close to a MoM performance in both games. Some superb saves that reveal a keeper of great reflexes. He also has not dropped any ball, which points to good handling. From the four goals he received, I think only in one could perhaps be asked a little more from him and in none there's been a mistake from him. I am willing to accept not bringing a new goalkeeper if the director doesn't provide it. But definitely I need a new right back, the mistake he had that cost us the first win was unforgivable.

Last edited:
The start of the job was looking bright but there's been the same problems as with Bleid in that there's not much creation of chances.

The 4-2-4 has been providing decent results with a string of unbeaten matches, half of them just draws, that kept the side at six points from the top for a while; but when playing weaker sides, it's not enough to break their defences, cause of several lost chances to approach on to the top. Some alternative has been attempted, but a first draft of 4-2-3-1 didn't solve any problem. It is clear what the team needs is to play a direct game with bodies ahead, so the 4-2-4 seems like the tactic to build from, rather than make any further big change. Probably the better direction to go is to allow one of the fullbacks to make more runs forward and his winger to tuck in to overpopulate the center and have more players near dangerous positions.

Fixtures01-02-2013.jpg

Table02-2013.jpg

Graph02-2013.jpg

Despite the late poor form and the poor league position, the average ratings of the side are actually good, with more than half being around 7, including Augusto, who is being quite a satisfactory man in goal, making regularly good saves that have been vital to get many of the points. Definitely his reflexes and positioning, as well as jumping, are decent at the least. We do have one man, Pedro Ribeiro, among the players who've been man of the match more times.

Playerstats02-2013.jpg

When it comes to the squad, it's not been any help losing our starting right back Filipe for three months in the Sousense game. That is aggravated by the failure in getting any of the fullbacks I asked for. That is, however, no surprise, as the wage budget has been surpassed and the team can hardly offer enough wages. I am satisfied enough that the director of football has managed to sign Bruninho. Sadly, the players I could make without, didn't produce interest or were finishing their contracts and won't be off the budget until next season.

There's also been an injury problem in the midfield, where Fontes was injured during the Nogueirense match. We surely paid during the Lusitània Açores his injury and Ibraima being out suspended, as that forced to use a completely new midfield partnership.

Transfers02-2013.jpg

Outgoingplayer02-2013.jpg

Bruninhosigned.jpg

Bruninhoreport.jpg

He's already been placed on the field and his performance has been decent, including a 1/1 shots on target and one assist. One of the tactics ideas I am considering is a 4-4-2 diamond (narrow) using him in the rightback position and use Serginho, who is able to play as winger, in the left. Focus the play through the middle, creating a clear numerical superiority there with the fullbacks providing width. And to use playmakers in the tips of the diamond to provide two focus between lines to work from.

Not too happy with how things are going; we definitely could and should be higher up the pitch. I couldn't resent if the board comes asking more than this. If only I could have a more decent right back signed we could be challenging for promition. I'll be content with keeping the goals and get a parent club that allows us to live next season off loans. Then we should have a real chance, as long out key players stay.

Glad you do!.

For now updates are slow because part of the usual FM playtime is going to my Spanish Complete database plus I'm making the Crewe story as well, but later it should pick some speed.

The first season has come to an end to Schmied's team

The fist thing that Aurora did after the update was to request the board to look for a parent club. The answer was positive, however, when the board met to decide upon one they rejected it. That was very annoying, the way the team economy is, loans that don't require payment is the only chance to provide for a future with a decent chance of success, this is something to present an ultimatum over or even resign.

That added to a poor run of form, in which the 4-2-4 showed again the lack of ability to create chances, to move Ms Schmied to see the vacancy at AlbinoLeffe as a great chance to take an step forward, as was the vacancy at Tenerife a little later. AlbinoLeffe was in Serie C1/A, first of the relegation play off places, but that was considered a very good status to jump in, as the team was no more than six points off promotion play off spots and was penalised by a 10 points deduction. Tenerife, on the other hand, had been vacated when on top of Segunda B4 through manager taking another job. Her enemies celebrated, but though Tenerife declared they'd consider her, the job went to other, as did AlbinoLeffe's. And by then Aurora had learned Portuguese, too.

Pressure03-2013.jpg

Jobhunt03-2013.jpg

Languages03-2013.jpg

Meanwhile, the 4-2-3-1 formation was put into work. With attacking fullbacks, AP-A/CM-D in the middle, W-A in the wings and AM-A in the center plus an AF-A or TM-A depending on whether David Nunez or Pedro Ribeiro played. Though some roles change with players, the wingers can become IFs, and the AP-A into AP-s. Initially the AP-A was DLP-S and the AM-A was AP-A; but after a couple of games it could be seen that Silvio, the player in advance central midfield, worked better as attacking midfielder, keeping his passing to something more reasonable. In that role he excelled as our best player providing goals and assists, making the tactic a success that served to turn the tables, getting the board satisfied when two matches before they were in the verge of sacking Schmied. The key feature of the 4-2-3-1 was that it finally could create chances and from hardly getting 5-7 shots per match with it the team could constantly (with one exception) shot more than ten times, reacing 15 in one match.

vsBustelo1st4231.jpg

Confidence17-03-2013.jpg

Fixtures04-2013.jpg

Cinfaes match deserves special mention, as we were 2-0 down at half time and we managed to turn things around completely with a return to the 4-2-4. That sets that tactic as one worthy of keeping for such cases in which the 4-2-3-1 doesn't cut it.

That final string of results, which was the consequence of the new tactic, carried the side from tenth to fourth position; though it was sadly too late to get back on challenging for promotion.

Graph04-2013.jpg

Table04-2013.jpg

Confidence04-2013.jpg

Nunezquickestoffthemark04-2013.jpg

Mostplayersofweekyet04-2013.jpg

Looking at the performances, you can see the top player of the team was Pedro Ribeiro, with the most goals and assists thorough the season, Silvio being the best during the last sting with the new tactic, as he made most of what he did in the season during that sting; out of his five PoM awards, three were during that sting. Best average rating, though, belongs to one of our centre backs, who no doubt helped to the great performances by Augusto. Teamwise, we got the best final form, which was not a surprise, as it wasn't too much to see the team among the top in goals scored.

Squadstats04-2013.jpg

DivPlayerstats04-2013.jpg

DivTeamStats04-2013.jpg

The youth intake was as bad as one could expect, I'll show you the message and the report of the player who the assistand considered the best (though there is another with one and half star potential).

Youintake2013.jpg

Staryouthintake2013.jpg

With the season closing to and end, there was a need to check on the players contracts.

Contracts04-2013.jpg

Finances04-2013.jpg

The look at that screen isn't at all inviting to optimism. Most of the key players are ending contract this season, including winter signing Bruninho, who's done decently as winger and wingback (fullback position). Specially it's worrung that among them there's Augusto, Silvio and Serodio's loan. Those that are wanted for next season (the mentioned ones plus Telmo, Ibraima and Bruninho) have been set to indispensable to the club, Rui Dolores as important, as he's a very decent second choice who was giving signs of deserving being first choice.

I'm awaiting impatiently news about the renewal of those players. Honestly, if they go out without replacement, I can very well consider resigning, for I don't wish to waste my years in a team without future. Unless they bring me worthy replacements, which would be hard. I'm tempted to overstep the assigned boundaries to my role

Two have refused attempts to sign on permanent basis: Ibraima and Serodio. Replacement has been already provided for one of them, sadly the less important.

Ibraimafailure04-2013.jpg

Marquessuccess.jpg

Marquesreport.jpg

Nuno Ricardo would've been considered key; but after how long his injury has lasted and how more it remains to recover, he's been set to non needed, as with the facilities there's no much trust on the shape he'll be out.

Injurytable04-2013.jpg

As you've seen, I've changed skin again and went back to the default. Steklo seemed to cause some CPU load in the first change of screen, I moved to OPZ. I found then that when I accepted a player talk suggested, that skin misses the colour of the suggested words to say (though I don't necessarily will accept it), then seeing that the search field for the news items has black text over black background that makes impossible to see what has one typed, I changed back to Steklo and found the same, then to CARBON and yet again, so I moved back to the default. The only con of Steklo and CARBON is that, but since I very rarely search among the news items, it's a very minor problem.

Now, I know many of you don't like playing with the default because of all the white, and this has and will have a good deal of screenshots, so your comfort has to be counted for; so here's my question for you: do you want me to not use default skin, use one specific skin (say what) or you don't care?. I'll go with whatever you guys prefer, since the issue with the others is really a minor thing. In fact I'm changing to one of the others right now for next updates of my stories until anything is said, because I figure the default you won't like much.

Last edited:
Preseason

The season 12-13 finished with a fourth position that meant a new record for the team's position that served the board to trust Aurora enough to offer her a new deal with two months left. She accepted, given the lack of any interesting team in sight and the fact there was still hopes of leading the team somewhere.

The last superb run of form served to have Silvio, who got in the last month the player of the month award, earning the Player of the Year for our side. The best eleven had no surprises.

The only downside of the success was that the board was encouraged enough to ask for promotion as the next season's goals. Something that at the moment was too much to ask, given a number of key positions being threatened by contracts running out; chief of which was the goalkeeper, as Augusto's contract had not been renewed. And his contract ran out.

That was the main issue for the team, several key players for the project were finishing their contracts and it was a matter of whether the director of football would listen to Ms Schmied. He did with several, though two like Seródio and Ibraima had already been confirmed failures. But the director of football made his work well enough as Silvio (the most important of all), Telmo and Bruninho signed renewals. Schmied had to go over him and offer a contract to Augusto herself. Luckily the board allowed it to go through.

The team reached the summer with a big need for central defenders, as there was only Campinho left, not counting the only centreback (Pereira) in the youth team. There were lesser need for a back up rightback and right winger, plus a second goalkeeper to be prepared inc ase of an injury of Augusto.

The failure of signing the first targets made clear the need to letting go some players even if considered important, the two relevant names being Calico and Hélder Rodrigues.

Enough to consider promotion an attainable goal. The preseason was programmed mainly for fitness and profit, with a series of matches against teams of lesser or simillar reputation. A series of six matches that produced very good results and very good play, though there was little as to point where the team is. A first round of the Taça de Portugal provided a similarly easy rival, allowing to progress to the next round, where we pick another easy team. But who cares of that?. The cup is a very minor preoccupation. While it may provide some cash, it can't compare to achieving promotion, the cup is only a drain to my team. It will only be used for fitness and give time to unused players, maybe from the youth team.

The first match of the season, though, didn't go along the lines of the preseason. It was against Cinfães, the side we went 2-0 down at half time with the tactic chosen as main this season and then we weant back to a 2-5 win. The 4-2-3-1 was fielded and this time Ac Viseu dominated, however, it didn't serve for much. They got ahead with a run behind our defense, not long after we had shot the crossbar. Later Nunez equalized and ten minutes later he had beaten the goalie in the six yard box... and missed!. Around the 70th minute Filipe made a violent tackle and with 10 men the team had not better luck attacking, while Cinfães benefitted from a rebound in a corner in 83th minute to mark a disappointing start to the league season. It was also a match where our new goalkeeper, who may be better than Augusto, and Bruninho missed through injury and where David Nunez, our preseason topscorer, picked one for up to five weeks.

Promotion is an urgent goal to achieve for this team. The bank balance is negative and projected to get worse in time, the only good side being this season the wages are within the budget. If the team is to remain in this division, it won't get the required budget to retain enough quality to challenge again and be forced to see his squad reduced to a minimal strength one that will be lucky to stay here.

I take lack of replies to the question as total indifference (or absence of readers), so I take I can go back to the default. I've tested Alavanja and Umbra, and like the others, they're good but both have something that I don't quite like; in these cases some transparent part (header of news items umbra, post match stats and so forth Alavanja).

Start of season 13-14

Disappointing start of season. The team opened with two poor results in two matches that should've been won, a loss and a draw. They were followed by a series of wins interrupted by a draw, then the crazy third round of the Taça de Portugal arrived.

TdP3rdrounddraw08-10-2013.jpg

Nacional de Madeira was drawn. A team from the top flight that left no possible hopes for Ac Viseu. Schmied had left it clear in the press conference that it was a match without a chance and all that would be made would try to not get embarrassed.

A team was fielded with the players that had had less minutes in a very defensive setup. Ac Viseu got 1-0 up in 24th minute!. The first half finished 1-0. In the 57th minute Madeira drew level gaining Álvaro José's back. In 77th Ac Viseu got one up with a João Ricardo precise strike! 2-1. Two minutes later Madeira scored with a through ball. 2-2. Then in injury time Carmo neglected his mark in a corner and Nacional de Madeira scored the winning goal.

That was definitely a great success. We were up twice, keeping one of the leads for more than half an hour, when we were expected to loss heavily. I understand a last minute goal always hurts, but there is no way anyone in their right mind can be unhappy!. Yet the board and the fans are not happy. And saying stupid things because we didn't win that. "Letdown of a performance"? It's absurd. And to top it the press conference was all about how disappointing that result was!. People are crazy!. I don't know why I didn't storm out during that outrageous press conference. Stupid board, stupid fans.

Madeirareport21-10-2013.jpg

Matchconfidence21-10-2013.jpg

That result seemed to affect the players and it was followed by a very poor run of form, which could only be aggravated by the long term injury of the main rightback, Filipe, as Álvaro José has shown to be too slow and poor marker. Not so long injury, caused during the same match, the one against Sporting B, who are clear leaders of the group.

Filipeinjury02-11-2013.jpg

Loureiroinjury02-11-2013.jpg

Injurytable10-11-2013.jpg

Viseufixtures10-11-2013.jpg

As a result of that, the team dropped to eight position and any chance of promotion was clearly lost from the half way of the poor run.

Table10-11-2013.jpg

Graph10-11-2013.jpg

So the board decided to sack Schmied without any previous warning, as they were satisfied (barely) just before the last match. Good riddance, I say.

SackedfromViseu10-11-2013.jpg

It is now time, then, to start looking for teams for Schmied. Her preference would be some team in Spain or France, pick up a new language. However, the few vacancies in the lower teams of that country don't seem to be at all interested in her. Maybe resigning from Bleid wasn't the best idea.
I've seen that Portuguese Second Division's prestige rating is half star, while the lowest of the other countries are two, so I'm going to load Norway (or was it Finland?) and Ireland that begin in January to increase the chances of finding a job

Winter-Spring, 2014

It wasn't long, after all, that Aurora received an offer. It came from Ribeirão, a team that was expected to finish fifth but that was thirteenth and dangerously close to relegation. An ambitious squad but with the problem of a bad economic situation.

The squad had more quality than Ac. Viseu all round, however it was not actually much better due to its poor configuration: no back up for the right full back or the right wing and a great excess of strikers. Two strikers, four centrebacks, two leftbacks, one rightback, six midfielders, two left wingers, one right winger and around seven strikers. The right winger issue was addressed by the signing of promising youth Eduardo. The team couldn't sign anybody for the rightback.

With that squad it seemed that theoretically the team should be able to meet expectations; but the shortness of it was a clear issue, plus, for all the excess of strikers, it had no strikers of quality. That problem could be seen in the first couple of matches, where the team was unable to score despite the many opportunities created, no few of great quality. Several point blank shots missed, others not so close but still easy not even requiring the goalie to act. With that there was no surprise the team was where it was.

The other problem of the squad came from the schedule: since the league is of thirty matches and it ends in may, there's quite a lot of two week breaks that make even more difficult to keep the squad fit. That is something that next season I will look to address, looking to make friendlies with easy teams to play those who need fitness or have little time.

In the thirteen matches till the end of the season I was lucky not to suffer any injury crisis and the results were average. Five wins, two draws and six loses. The two draws should have been wins (the first was against the last placed team, the other saw two goals disallowed, one should have stood), the loses were all expected.

That had us reach as high as tenth position, but having to play against the top two in the last two games, with the squad thinking on holidays made for a final twelfth position.

That our top goalscorer got just six goals (ignore the one with 7, who is loaned at another club) tells all too well what has been the problem for the team during the season and sets what must be the priorities in the market for the summer. Again, as seems the custom for the Portuguese lower league teams, many seem to be hired for a season, so a number of important or key players are ending their contracts this season, with again puts a question mark on whether the team can be fit to aim for promotion next season. The financial situation doesn't help in the slightest, so a campaign to loan players should be the main focus.

The only positive regarding prospects for next season is that this has ended without anybody injured for a long period

To be quite honest, I am not happy with this situation of uncertainty regarding what can be the reasonable goals for the next season; but there is only to hope and try to point the director of football in the right direction. I must put special interest on watching the market this season to find the right transfer targets

Mondo do Ribairão said:
Sources close to Aurora Schmied have confirmed that she has signed a new contract with Ribeirão that will keep her one more year. The young Belgian wants to find some stability in her career and is reported to have asked for a longer contract, though financial considerations led the board to stick to a single year extension.

It is said that in a letter to her parents, Ms Schmied has said "This is a great opportunity that has opened that will be the door for achieving greater things"

Comments (10):
Obrigado says 20-05-2014, 11:15
I think Aurora has been the right manager for the team. She had her work cut out this season, I look forward for what the next season has to offer.

Mexhilão1748 says 20-05-2014 11:23
I still can't believe we hired a woman. There's never been a woman in the history of football that has led a team anywhere. She's as spineless as one could expect and she was unable to take the team out of the pit it was. We still are there and will remain there.

Massafan says 20-05-2014 11:24
I don't know. She should definitely have won the matches against Fafe and Leça. Tirsense and Famalicao should have not been lost. I don't think she's really cut for the job, but I could let her one more season margin.

4l0n50FTW says 20-05-2014 11:28
What are you guys on?. Seriously, who wants a woman in the helm. Who wants this woman in the helm?. She's done nothing this season. Nothing that couldn't be done by anybody with the squad we had. She's definitely not the one to lead this club forward. We need change and you will regret this.

Obrigado says 20-05-2014 11:30
I can't believe what I'm reading. You base it because she's a girl. You're just a bunch of mysoginist twats, you ashame me

Mexhilão1748 says 20-05-2014 11:32
You're blind. No woman ever has managered in top flight. And regardless Schmied sucks.

Obrigado says 20-05-2014 11:35

Mexhilão1748 says 20-05-2014 11:34
N00b

Obrigado says 20-05-2014 11:35
Idiot.

Mexhilão1748 says 20-05-2014 11:37
I can't believe the intricacies of your reasoning.
Douche.

©Mondo do Ribeirão 2014, Roa do Bento, 15, Ribeirão.

Last edited:
Start of season 13-14

And then Aurora resigned from Ribeirão to join... Porto B. The B team had just been relegated from Second League and she had applied to the vacancy. As the B side of such a big team, I would possibly have a stronger squad than Ribeirão and the better chance to promote a team to the next level, where I could get enough reputation to join some team to then push for top flight. There is no better chance than that

With the team having the wages of those moved from the main team in its accounts, it would be obvious there will not be much room to signings, so that the squad will have to be made mostly with the youth players.

The stablished goal for the season is to achieve a midtable finish, which is quite below Schmied's goals. It is accepted on account of the youth of the squad, avoiding to put too much pressure on them. The bet companies announce that their odds point to that goal as the likely result of the campaign.

The preseason is planned with a bit better judgement than past seasons: this time Aurora makes sure there will be teams of the same level. She includes a match against Nogueirense, team that was also relegated from Second League and hence would be one of the stronger sides as well as playing against her old teams Ac Viseu and Ribeirão. The result was quite pleasing, full of comfortable wins to even those three teams. ((The Ribeirão had to be played twice, as FM13 crashed after while trying to set squad prizes, the lost game was won 4-2 after losing the 2-0 advantage in the second half)). The team's game has been quality, with plenty of created chances and dominance of possession.

I won't be celebrating yet, we may have dominated teams from this level; but those were friendlies and they wouldn't be at full strength. The season will be tough.

The first game of the season was to settle a feeling that the chances of a good campaign may be there; but it will be very hard to achieve Aurora's true objective. A 2-1 win away at Louletana's field, coming back from an early 0-1. The bad news is the long term injury of the winger Ribero

The squad looks good, with what should be enough quality to push for promotion, though not to get a clear lead to make it with games in hand.

There is not much happines at Schmied's home though. Five times, FIVE! Porto "promoted" almost all my squad to the U19 team. Five times I had to recall them. It will be a year long fight to keep the players. I'd like to tell the chairman a few words, but they won't let me in. Idiots!. We're the B team, we're competing in adult leagues. If they want to promote, they promote from U19 to us!, Understandable, though, are the losses of key players Kadú and Ferreira in loan deals, since they're going to top flight sides.

There had been one point of satisfaction at the end of the previous season, too, as one player she had managed was named the player of the year in the Second Division: Ac Viseu's winger Zé Rui.

GRRRRRRRR, if the taking players away to the U19 will be kept up constantly I will be very upset. It is so annoying. I move the U19 to my team, the message of their moves is said, I click continued and they're sent back to U19. In one case I sent them to my team, click continue and without message of them coming to my team I find they've been moved back to U19 again. Someone needs to go to the boardroom with a chainsaw and a bottle of fuel!

Last edited:
Midseason 13-14

What a half season. All the hopes became true. Only a good match by Freamunde and a too cautious planning of Leiria game prevented Porto B from blitzing the first half of the league with a 100% record. Thirteen wins, one draw and one loss to close the first leg with nine points over the second place, only the Leiria game without scoring. and every other match scoring at least two goals. The second game was also the biggest win record for the club.

This is exactly what I was looking for. With Porto B, the young players are more than enough to beat anybody at this level, the best chance to get it promoted to second league and there I can get enough reputation to land something interesting.

It seems unjust, considering the team was tipped to finish in midtable, that Schmied only gets the October manager of the month award. In the club they do credit her word with their great level of satisfaction. It also looks unfair that Kelvin only got the player of the month once, too, despite his constant good performances, though lately he's dropping a little.

Another positive is the lack of injuries, though the few that have happened have been pretty long. Ribeiro got sidelined for three or four month, Adilehou and João Silva for two. Currently there's no injuries, so there's no reason to fear for the second leg, except for the danger of overconfidence. Ribeiro returned with a MoM award and a goal that gave us a win.

With results like that is no surprise Porto B is the leader in goals scored and least conceded. We also have logically the most rated players, with Kelvin an obvious runaway leader in the dribbles per game stat and also leader, though not so far away from the rest, in the table of Player of Match and Goalscorer- João Carvalho has been with five assists since the third game of the season.

Looking at the squad statistics, you can see both goalkeepers have hd a similar amount of chances on the pitch, with young Santos getting the better with a couple more clean sheets and many less mistakes. Out of the fifteen games player, in fourteen the MoM has been ours. Other relevant stats: the interceptions are led by the centerbacks and the tackles by the defensive midfielders, making a generally solid defense. Manuel Couto's poor passing completion rate and Kelvin's drop of form in the recent matches are the points of concern. It may well be the moment for André to step in and show he can do better than Couto, Kelvin's performance may be the result of having moved him from the wing to the striker position, so he's returning to the wing, though the past two matches there have not seen any improvement.

Some seem to have a problem with teams managed by women. Really? Does he really think what he says, after the season had by Porto B and their rivals?

Schmied will still have her responsibilities limited as now, but you guys are encouraged to say when she would reasonably have them extended, based on performance, country and club tradition regarding how much the manager does.

Besides one more try to take players to the U19 side after the first match, the top management has been respectful enough to leave Porto B squad well alone.

End of season 14-15 Ahem, I got wrong the season years in the previous two posts

The second half of the season could have been as good or even better than the first; but the upper management did not respect the B team and put it in danger of being crippled with the sale of Rafa, the key piece of defence How could Rafa decide to go to a Chipre team is beyond me. It has to be considered one of the stupidest moves in the history of football. and loaning out of Kelvin, by far the man who made the attack work as it did. Top scorer, top assister, he either found space to score or attracted the opposition defence to create space for others to score in. Such a good player, in fact, that even with just half a season he won the player of the year award for Portuguese Second Division, was second on the top goalscorers table by two and third in the assists chart. They only compensate giving us Rolando, who had agreed a deal with Wolfsburg for next season.

We had a feint of a rot, but the team recovered with a change of tactics from a 4-2-3-1 deep to a 4-5-1 (V midfield).

The injustice was the manager award of the year. Porto B was expected to finish in middle of the table, I've got it to win both phases and I am given second to a manager who didn't overperform?. Infuriating!

Fixtures15-06-2015.jpg

Playerstats15-06-2015.jpg

Teamof14-15.jpg

PlayerofYear14-15.jpg

Averageratingrecord15-06-2015.jpg

Managers14-15.jpg

Goalofyear14-15.jpg

LarnakassignRafa.jpg

InternationalloanKelvin.jpg

With such results it is no wonder we finished top of the group and then went to win the Second Division title with little difficulty. This season Schmied did arrange friendlies in the two weeks breaks to keep condition of players.

1stphaseTable15-06-2015.jpg

2ndPhaseTable15-06-2015.jpg

Looking at contracts, there's Cunha and Ribeiro as only important players for the team who finish it this season. João Carvalho has been out of contract for a while, should be offered one. There is not much worry, as the young side should have enough quality for next season to draw from.

Acácio Sá was added to the side for the second round, coming from the youth side and has been as good as Kelvin at least, with 18 goals and 9 assists in 15 matches. Funny thing of Carvalho, who was stuck with 5 assists until the second to last game of the first phase, and between the last game of first phase to the end of the second has provided nine more. The new keeper has made just three appearances, with a mistake per match, much like Santos average, though none led to goals. He's not been too good, but in the 2-1 win over Varzim Santos made a mistake leading to goal and was having a poor match, Vasco came in the second half and made a good job to ensure Porto B kept Varzim from scoring again.

Schmied was offered a new contract and she accepted, to try get the team as high as possible in the next season so she can either move to another Second League team who can be promoted or move to some other country, possibly Ireland, Scotland or Norway if a good opportunity becomes available.

Contracts15-06-2015.jpg

Newcontract02-05-2015.jpg

Squadstats15-06-2015.jpg

Six weeks of preseason were decided as a reasonable time to prepare. This season players improved as it's to be expected from the time they had in the B side, something Kelvin has missed at International. Only Ribeiro has declined, but that's explained by his injuries.

Preseasondecision15-06-2015.jpg

Yeartraining15-06-2015.jpg

Seasonconfidence15-06-2015.jpg

Miscellaneous screens:

Goalofyear14-15.jpg

Smonth01-05-2015.jpg

Divisiongoalrecord.jpg

Biggestwin27-04-2015.jpg

Recordstats27-04-2015.jpg

Biggest average rating I've ever had
Recordratings27-04-2015.jpg

Most 9.0+ ratings ever

Preseason 2015-2016. The Second League

With only the fan's player of the year and best eleven left to report about past season, it is the moment for a brief update on the preseason.

Fanplayer14-15.jpg

Besteleven30-06-2015.jpg

The preseason was in the end a bit short for what I would have liked, but it included matches against division rivals, the first two. The result was not too bad, in the first one we resisted quite well and created chances, though in the end it would be them who converted them. The second was a poor performance with the first incarnation of a 4-4-2 tactic, but nothing to worry as it was against a team tipped to do well. The rest were minnows to build up morale.

With the few first matches, it was logical that we'd use the 4-5-1 that was so succesful during the end of the past season and achieved two decent results that place us seventh with two matches played. A curious feature is the accumulation of home and away games.

Fixtures16-08-2015.jpg

Table16-08-2015.jpg

4-4-216-08-2015.jpg

4-5-116-08-2015.jpg

A look at past seasons show that the 12-13 saw the first relegation team achieving the most points: 44. In two games we have 9,09% of the points we need. But I will not be delusional; this is just the very beginning, it doesn't mean anything yet, though the performances have been pleasing.

Highestrelegation2ndLeague.jpg

The 4-5-1 is providing good cover to the centrebacks and it is not very likely that the 4-4-2 will become a regular during the season. From it we could recover from being one man down the first match of the season to end in a goalless draw with even a couple chances to have won. In the second we were 0-2 down at min 60 but ended winning 4-2 and Iturbe making three assists to put one of FCP B's players on the top five of some good statistic.

And we've done it without the key players we lost. Rocha, Ferreira, Cléver, Ruben Guedes. It's not just that they give them away on loans, when I would have them playing, it is when contracts end I'm not even informed. And then nobody wants to come so I have no replacements but bringing players from the U19 and then get in a war with their manager. I am really looking forward to move on to a first team; but I won't be moving to just anyone..

Squadstats16-08-2015.jpg

Playerstats16-08-2015.jpg

No injury problems for Porto B, fortunately. Only long-ish injury suffered by André Fonter; but he is a back up player so it's not going to affect the team much.

Injurytable16-08-2015.jpg

A small update, maybe too little to warrant one; but I'm thinking I will change how I go about both stories I'm making. Instead of alternating Crewe-update-Schmied-update, I think I will be playing both simultaneously, possibly certain days this and certain others that, and update when each reaches a point to make one.

((Here, you readers represent the Porto B board, so you decide the answer))

She had been waiting in the small room outside to be called. She had requested a meeting with the board and she didn't look too happy. The board members saw her step in the room calmly, politely greeting them and she went into the matter that had brought her there.

You know well what has happened during these last days of the transfer window. A new tug of war with players between me and Guilherme's squad. I'm sure it is unpleasant for him, but it is no less for me. I am getting tired of it.

Every transfer window and some times even after it has closed half my squad is taken away to the under 19 squad. I also find it offensive that in the internal communications such a move is called "promoting" the players. It doesn't matter what big teams have their youth side competing with ours, the fact is that I have brought the B side to the second level. We're playing at as a high level football as we can below the main squad. I don't think any player can have higher match experience without playing in our main squad or being loaned out to top level divisions.

If I wasn't recalling the players taken away to the under nineteen immediately, I would be having to play with amateur players. That is a serious threat to the sustainability of the squad at this level, and that also is a threat to the quality of development I can carry out for the main squad. Since neither Guilerme nor Pereira are willing to listen to me and let me have the players I require that aren't fit for the main squad, I need that you help me make them see reason and stop taking players that are key in my squad to the U19 side, where they'll hardly find the same level of experience. Set clearly what is the hierarchy between B and U19.

Alternatively, if you are not willing to listen to this request, I do need then to have some hand in the signing policy. I am not blaming Henrique's work as director of football, I know there are many players who are reluctant to accept offers from B teams. But almost every target I point is a failure and he brings too few players, and the one he's brought this window is not one I see myself counting with much, as he's weak in key fields for his position. I am appreciative of Mr Henrique's help finding players, but I wish to be allowed to take part in that and to have the final say in the signings that he finds.

The advantages to accept my requests should be clear. With the first our more promising prospects can have better qulity experience. With the second I can build an acceptable barebone squad that may compete well enough after my key players are taken away and specially if you want me to stop recalling them as well as avoiding some money waste like Cardoso signing will mean, as he's not having much time and definitely, after seeing him train with us, his weaknesses are in such key parts of his position that he definitely can't be quality enough to ever play in our main squad. I would be bringing players who would have time and who had a true chance to grow into something worth the main team.

I've brought the team back to Second League immediately, when it was expected to be trapped in midtable of Second Division. After six games of Second League I have the team sixth with eleven points, a quarter of the minimum points to reach our objective and with good performances, I think I'm prepared to receive a little more part in the management of my squad to try bring it even more forward.

She leaves unsaid that also the B side could have a manager with experience signing players and spotting talent to add to her already shown managerial talents if the main side needed with urgency a new manager.

[The engine surely doesn't allow to stop the squad wars, but there's one thing that can be changed: Aurora Schmied becomes allowed to finish player signings. What will be the boatd's reply?. You readers decide]

Start of the 2015-2016 season, new at Portuguese Second League

With twelve games in, Schmied sure can't be disappointed with the going of Porto B. With her youngsters the team has gone with a string of good results, only one being disappointing, the draw against Lousada.

Fixtures16-10-2015.jpg

That takes the team in this early phase of the season up to the fourth spot, fifth if Beira-Mar wins their game in hand.

Table16-10-2015.jpg

Graph16-10-2015.jpg

Despite that, only André stands out in the good stats for the league, concretely in the average rating category. Esteves does in the negative of yellow cards, though that's not unexpected given his position (Ball winning midfielder).

Within the squad, things are well rounded among the squad, with Acacio Sá and Iturbe being the leaders in goals and assists, respectively. As desired midfield and fullbacks put in the most tackles, centrebacks being more focused on interceptions. Nuno Sá, opposite to André (he's earning his place in starting XI after going up), is proving to be disappointing with his poor rate of successful tackles and hence is going to lose his spot for Fangueiro.

Squad wise, Porto B is the squad that scores the most goals from corners ((in this save I don't set instructions for that)) and among the top goalscorers. Unfortunately also lead the red card chart.

Squadstats16-10-2015.jpg

Playerstats16-10-2015.jpg

Teamstats16-10-2015.jpg

With the going of the team, it is no wonder Schmied's popularity and that the board is absolutely delighted with her ((highest confidence rating ever!)), even after it was known she applied for Karlsruhe, though to relief of the board her application was unsuccessful.

100games16-10-2015.jpg

Confidence01-10-2015.jpg

Since I got no reply, I decided by in game events. The fact when I applied the board's reaction wasn't an ultimatum but "please pleaseplease don'tgostaywithusprettyplease" and I got such high confidence, I've set so I close the deals and will begin to actively look for new signings.

I would like your idea of whether you prefer me to keep this or the other in case I decide to discontinue one story, as I'm feeling with two at the same time neither is progressing with enough speed for my taste. I enjoy both, at times one over the other.

Midseason 2015-2016.

A very satisfying first half of the season, though the results have been on a decline, after giving away the lead time and again at each goal three times in the last four games. The best piece of news about it is that, even in the matches we lost, we were always competitive, with no team we didn't look like we could win. So much that nobody beat us by more than one goal.

With that we've been constantly around fifth-sixth place, fourth goalscoring team and the fourth best goal difference. The weight that has kept us twelve points from the top are the draws.

Fixtures13-12-2015.jpg

Table13-12-2015.jpg

Graph13-12-2015.jpg

teamstats13-12-2015.jpg

In the league only Iturbe is among the top five in a positive stat, which is assists, while Esteves is among the players who most yellow cards receive, and is tied with Acacio Sá with one red card.

Among the squad, things keep going along the lines from the start of the season, with Sá the top scorer and Iturbe being the one who gives the most assist, even if the South American seems to have trouble motivating himself. The only noteworthy change is that Fangueiro has taken to be the first choice above Nuno Sá and has done so satisfactorily. He's consistently good, wth only one or two poor matches and no serious mistakes.

Playerstats13-12-2015.jpg

Squadstats13-12-2015.jpg

The final good news is the absence of injuries.

I have started to look the available transfers. Nothing has been finalised, but there's a new goalkeeper identified, Jaco, to compete with Santos for the starting place. He's got good reflexes but doesn't enjoy big matches, while Santos' inconsistency has been costing us, and he likes the big matches. I think a good combination of goalkeepers. The other position that needs some depth added is the midfield, where we have four valid players for three positions

End of 2015-2016.

So much for transfers being done by Schmied, she only signed two players. One a back up and one a starter, until Porto moved Kadú to the B side. Jurca and Cafú.

Kaduacuteinjured18-07-2016.jpg

Cafuacute15-05-2016.jpg

Transfers15-05-2016.jpg

The team was still mostly made up from players brought up from the U19 side, though there were other two senior players. André Castro, who didn't have chance to do much, as after a few games he got an injury that took him out for four months and the return of Kelvin.

Castroinjured3-04-2016.jpg

The fixtures went incredibly good for porto B, as they got a new record of sixteen consecutive matches without a loss, that wasn't enough to either win the division or get more than one manager of the year for Aurora, who also ended in an unjust third in the manager of the year awards, being the most overachieving side and most improved team of the season. And a third position that is the best ever achieved by Porto B.

PortoB_FixturesSchedule.jpg

Januarymanager1-02-2016.jpg

Managerofyear27-05-2016.jpg

Table15-05-2016.jpg

Graph15-05-2016.jpg

Mostimprovedclub18-06-2016.jpg

PortoBrecord27-05-2016.jpg

As a team, we were the second top scorer and the fourth that conceded less, while player wise Iturbe got the record in assists, José Campos was the fourth best rated player, Acacio Sá the fourth best shots on target ratio and Esteves joint third yellow cards.

Teamstats15-05-2016.jpg

Playerstats15-05-2016.jpg

And I finish with a few screens of records, players and teams of season:

Saacutequickest21-12-2015.jpg

Quickestgoalofyear27-05-2016.jpg

Playerofyear29-06-2016.jpg

BestXI29-06-2016.jpg

Biggestwin31-01-2016.jpg

Iturberecord20-03-2016.jpg

Goalofyear27-05-2016.jpg

U21ChampiosnhipbestXI27-06-2016.jpg

Confidence3-04-2016.jpg

Confidencecomp3-04-2016.jpg

Confidenceother3-04-2016.jpg

Though I'm not to blame for Porto B having the wages of the players the top manager decides to dump with us. But I rather take the hit and the players than otherwise

With some appliances, I've seen I don't get Schmied any job of a first team in any second level (except Ireland, where she can go to the top level, but I think her reputation wouldn't be helped enough qualifying for Europe and learning English). I will play the next season and, if she still doesn't attract any second division team I will end it as I'm not in the mood of keeping several years on a B side with the annoying constant fighting with the U19 side for players and at the expense of the main team taking my best players away for meaningless loans or just letting them go.

2016-2017 until end of August

This has gone on long enough. I am absolutely fed up with the lack of respect for my work shown by the upper management. The constant wars with the U19 squad were draining themselves, the constant press conferences asking about decissions not dependent of me were quite annoying. But when they begin transfer listing and loaning to rivals the players I specifically signed for my team, then they've gone beyond what I'm going to accept.

Transfers11-08-2016.jpg

MarioLemina11-08-2016.jpg

ManuelAzevedo11-08-2016.jpg

Santosloanedouttorival.jpg

Fangueiroloanedout.jpg

Azevedotransferlisted24-08-2016.jpg

Leminaloanedouttorival.jpg

ResignationPortoB.jpg

We had had a good season so far, with three wins and two losses in both preseason and league, the last from a red card to José Campos and otherwise would've been a win, to keep us in the top half of the table at the start of the season that made it look like another successful season.

Fixtures31-08-2016.jpg

Table31-08-2016.jpg

Graph31-08-2016.jpg

Titleodds30-07-2016.jpg

The only thing to make me happy to have been at Porto B this year is the news of Acacio Sá being selected for the national team. He developed playing with us and that should've been a tip for the management that my players wouldn't get any better being loaned to other teams of the division

AcacioSaacuteinternational.jpg

Now it is time to go back home, keep an eye open for any available job in first teams, that are professional.

SchmiedProfile.jpg

I think her reputation isn't too good to get jobs in professional sides at levels high enough to want to take. So I'm not sure if this story has ran its course. I will run it and see if I get a job for a season, maybe two. If I find a job I'm willing to take, this will come back. I just don't want to go back to a third tier division, unless it's English and in a team with a good expectation to be promoted to Championship; but I don't think that will happen