The Better Half - Plug & Play tactics

which 1 of these plug and play tactics do you think would suit everton underdog or top team as i view them as neither thankyou....

which 1 of these plug and play tactics do you think would suit everton underdog or top team as i view them as neither thankyou....

The underdog/middle-team. Also remember that this tactic works very well when you are a bigger threat then the opponent considers you to be.

so realisticly as your team progresses and you get better players you would change the tactic to top teams?

so realisticly as your team progresses and you get better players you would change the tactic to top teams?

Yes, and if being a slight underdog overachieving the first season, making it into Europe, I would use the Underdog set in Europe and consider using it for the first half of the 2nd season in the domestic competition as well before switching to the top team set. The difference between the 2 sets are not that big, you could say that the top team is" 0,5 versions more attacking".

In order of how "attacking" they are, it would be roughly something like this( it can depend on the different tactics/formations though)

1. Top team Attack
  2. Underdog Attack
  3. Topteam Standard
  4. Underdog Standard
  5. Topteam Defensive
  6. Underdog Defensive

Last edited:
So far i'm testing the 41221 Assymetrical for Topteams. Simply because i love the look if it and hope to god it works. Defencivly it's amazing. Played Chelsea away and although they had 20 shots against me only 3 were on target and im sure a good 15 were blocked. The team pass it about well but i'm having trouble scoring...think it may be because i don't have a settled squad just yet. After 6 teams i am still unbeaten 3-3-0 for now.

With the 4321 for underdog/middle, do you change to attacking/defensive within the game, say if chasing a lead or if defending a lead, or just say select the attacking tactic when facing a weaker team?

Well i am going to try my hand at making a tactic for home and away and if its any good i will be posting on Fm base for you all to try lets just hope i can make a tactic anywhere as good at TBH

With the 4321 for underdog/middle, do you change to attacking/defensive within the game, say if chasing a lead or if defending a lead, or just say select the attacking tactic when facing a weaker team?
If you read my Heerenveen test you will see i only changed during games,i think the fact they are called plug and play tactics mean you always start the game with the same standard variant,thats the idea of plug and play.

Well with Man City i just try look at who i am playing and where and decide standard attacking or defencive by that

I use these as pure plug & play and only switch when chasing a goal or wanting to close out the game.

Edit; Ha, I just rated my own thread, giving it 5 stars. I love me

Here is my first matches with City, using the 4321 Top team - Standard. We have in control in every single game except those against Liverpool and West Ham. They both used the formation in the screenshot and here, our formation/tactic has a weakness. My solution to this is normally to use manamrking. Let our FC man mark their DMCR and our MCr their DMCleft. Then let our MCleft man mark the AMC.

poolhej.png

:wub:

Last edited:
Here's the feedback:

Results:
sanmarinoclubresults.png

sanmarinoresults2.png

League:

sanmarinoclubtable2.png

Very impressed with the results, what is especially impressive is how we play away, normally I have trouble getitng results or even just playing to the same intensity away from home, but with these tactics there seems to be minimal difference between home and away. We make many chances every game, but unfortunately my striker has quite poor finishing, so i've dragged countless chances just wide- but I know that had I been playing as a higher quality of side these results would have been even better than they are now.
Although we give the opposition a fair amount of position, it seems we cut off most of their chances before they develop into clear cut chances, so many of their shots are off target.
The few negative comments I have are that we seem to give away a lot of penalties, I'd say that proportionally this tactic has resulted in the most penalties conceded than any tactic i've used, but i don't know if this is just coincidence. Also we often tend to start slow and get into the game more as it goes along, but this normally isn't too big a deal, it's just nice to get off to an early lead sometimes.

Very impressive.

EDIT: Oh yes and one more thing, it does seem that when we take the lead, we slack off a little and allow the opposition a lot more of the ball prior to the goal.

Last edited:
I just won the Eredivisie with my Cambuur Leeuwarden team and I really want to use your tactic in my next season. But my question: Because I became champion (and got decent/good players), do I need to use the TopTeam tactic, or the Underdog tactic? Cambuur isn't a topteam btw

I just won the Eredivisie with my Cambuur Leeuwarden team and I really want to use your tactic in my next season. But my question: Because I became champion (and got decent/good players), do I need to use the TopTeam tactic, or the Underdog tactic? Cambuur isn't a topteam btw

If you have won the league and a newly promoted team, why the **** would you want to change tactics ?;)

Seriously though, playing in Europe, you should use a tactic for underdogs and in the league you will probably need to we a birt cautious fro at least 1/2 season more, until gaining a higher stauts.

If you have won the league and a newly promoted team, why the **** would you want to change tactics ?;)

Seriously though, playing in Europe, you should use a tactic for underdogs and in the league you will probably need to we a birt cautious fro at least 1/2 season more, until gaining a higher stauts.

I want to change tactic mainly because tactics stop working after 1 - 1,5 season, so I change on time, and not lose a couple of times first ;)

Thanks for your help ;)

OK BH ive finally completed my testing of your 442 top team tactic with Liverpool.I tested it over one season but what a season it was.

No Opposition Instructions where used in the test and default training was used throughout.

I signed only one player in pre season,because i was going to play 442 i knew id need a new striker so bought Vennegoor of hesselink for a bargain 3 mil from Celtic.The League season was extremely successful winning the championship comfortably and winning every single home game in the process.I also won the Champions League and FA cup in a brilliant treble.

Its a dominating tactic which creates an extraordinary amount of chances against even the strongest teams and if i do have one minor criticism its that i rarely scored more than 2 in a 90 min match yet always created between 20 and 35 shots at goal but that's just picking faults really.Defensively its incredibly strong with me only conceding three goals at home all season.All in all a truly fantastic 442 tactic,well done.

Season Summary:

League Cup Semi Finals
FA Cup Winners
Champions League Winners
Premier League Winners

Last edited:
/me downloads now!!!

I have saved these for when i get Ebbsfleet to the big time

I can be useful, to play around with the free roles and other settings assigned to the FCs. Can they cope with drifting wide and put in a cross or will they simply hold up the ball near the corner flag. Should perhaps the winger on that flanks also be assigned a free role so that he , when playing with a normal/wide width, cut inside and drift into the box ?.Just some thoughts..

Is there any of these that suit a solid/top BSP team. Im struggling slightly with my own tactic so any help would be great

Is there any of these that suit a solid/top BSP team. Im struggling slightly with my own tactic so any help would be great
Id say give the Underdog 442 or 433 tactics a bash bud.

Im gonna test the 4321 for Topteams for you with Arsenal. Will be back with results (H)