The Better Half - Plug & Play tactics

Result using the 4321 Top Team, Man City first season

Tweaks: The FC settings, giving him mixed in everything but t-balls(rarely)
I used a strong striker upfront: Adebayor or Ro.Sa.Cruz. The times when I used Robinho upfront we suffered as he lost too many headers. The goals that we conceded came against Liverpool, United and against teams when already having won the EPL

citytabell.png

The tactics/posts will also be updated with links to post showing results, reasoning about them in a constructive way

I noticed on your 4321 top teams download that the CF has forward runs set to rare and run with ball and through balls set to often,are you saying that should be changed to the above tweak now?

I noticed on your 4321 top teams download that the CF has forward runs set to rare and run with ball and through balls set to often,are you saying that should be changed to the above tweak now?

Not really, but when having players with such great aerial ability, it can be a better setting. In my other tests, I have used pacey players or a real poacher, the default settings is very good

Hey I just want to know when to use each three variants I am managing mk dons btw using 4-4-2 underdog.

Last edited:
Hey I just want to know when to use each three variants I am managing mk dons btw using 4-4-2 underdog.

As its a plug & play, the Standard tactic "should" be used as a default.I have only changed to the other versions when wanting to close out a game or chased a goal.

Dear Bro TBH
I have been trying your sets of 442/4411 and plug&play of 442 underdog but have been getting mixed results.
I like to have some advice on some issues
What's the difference btw defensive/normal/attacking mentality?
For defensive midfielders is it better to put them little creative and defensive mentality?
Still trying to understand the FM tactics options
Best regards
DV

Result using the 4321 Top Team, Man City first season

Tweaks: The FC settings, giving him mixed in everything but t-balls(rarely)
I used a strong striker upfront: Adebayor or Ro.Sa.Cruz. The times when I used Robinho upfront we suffered as he lost too many headers. The goals that we conceded came against Liverpool, United and against teams when already having won the EPL

The tactics/posts will also be updated with links to post showing results, reasoning about them in a constructive way

Im playing with FC Barcelona, and with Ibra (Zlatan) on top, do you think i sould make those tweaks? (im using 4-3-2-1 top team)

Im playing with FC Barcelona, and with Ibra (Zlatan) on top, do you think i sould make those tweaks? (im using 4-3-2-1 top team)

Playing with Barca, I think that you could use these tweaks to the Standard version( done by mne, uploaded below. I have also tweaked and uploaded an attacking and defensive version that should suit Barca and Ibra slightly better)

In short. the tweaks makes the Fc comes slightly deeper and act like a target man, playing one.touch football before getting into the area

I am trying your 4-4-2 top team with spurs ill let you no how i get on

which one would you say is best to use for tottenham

Trying your 4141 top team tactic as Wisla Krakow (since theyre a top team in Poland and only have 1 good striker). After 7 games in the league i'm 2 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses, 7 goals scored, 5 conceded sitting in 9th place. I'm creating a lot of chances and outplaying teams but seems like a lack of finishing is hurting me (ST has 15 and Wingers have 11). Surprisingly my team's massively overachieved in the CL so far. A 7-0 aggregate win over Rabotnicki, and then a 1-0 home 0-0 away result against Rangers to qualify for the group stages. Just played my 1st group match against Bordeaux and won 2-1 away thanks to 2 penalties, but I had more shots on goal (13 to 10) and 56% possession. Going to try the tactic for a few more games in the league in case my players just need time to blend, if results don't pickup I might try 1 of your other tactics.

Trying your 4141 top team tactic as Wisla Krakow (since theyre a top team in Poland and only have 1 good striker). After 7 games in the league i'm 2 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses, 7 goals scored, 5 conceded sitting in 9th place. I'm creating a lot of chances and outplaying teams but seems like a lack of finishing is hurting me (ST has 15 and Wingers have 11). Surprisingly my team's massively overachieved in the CL so far. A 7-0 aggregate win over Rabotnicki, and then a 1-0 home 0-0 away result against Rangers to qualify for the group stages. Just played my 1st group match against Bordeaux and won 2-1 away thanks to 2 penalties, but I had more shots on goal (13 to 10) and 56% possession. Going to try the tactic for a few more games in the league in case my players just need time to blend, if results don't pickup I might try 1 of your other tactics.

It might be that you need to use the more attacking version as a default in all domestic competion and use standard and defensive in Europe.

I've been using your 4-3-1-2 tactics with Milan, which is how they play in real life, and I've won 12 games in a row using the Attacking version as a starting tactic. The Standard version doesn't really work that well, I donno.

Anyway, where should I play Inzaghi? FCL or FCr? Thanks

I've been using your 4-3-1-2 tactics with Milan, which is how they play in real life, and I've won 12 games in a row using the Attacking version as a starting tactic. The Standard version doesn't really work that well, I donno.

Anyway, where should I play Inzaghi? FCL or FCr? Thanks

The FC

The FCleft should be strong and complete and the FCright should have great movement.

The reason why the attakcing verions works better is probably because most teams play very defenisve againstyou and use a deep d-line.

For the 4-3-1-2, you mentioned plotting a creative and hardworking Midfielder as the MCc...I was wondering whether it would be Pirlo-like, Gattuso-like or Flamini-like...