The Better Half - Plug & Play tactics

well I'm going to test your 442 underfog with Lleida in Spain. Got Promoted to 2. Division and need a better tactic. Will report back

Right I am going to test one of your tactics but i don't no which one which tactic has not been tested by some one els or do you want testing again

Well i'm in my 3rd season still using the 4-3-2-1 underdog/middeteam and it's awesome, can't recommend it highly enough.

Going to be spurs what tactic do you guys think i should use

@Danny

The 4222 Box Midfield, using one AMCL and one AMCR as MCs is a tactic a like very much. Playing with a top team one might also consider using the "Attack" as a default home version and the "Standard" as a default away version. I have yet to receive any feedback from this one but it has been brilliant during testing even though it does not give you loads of clean sheets, results are more likely to be 3-1, 4-2 than 2-0 etc.

I am using the 2009/10 data base, playing man u, which formation you recommend.
Let say I use the 442 top team,
I have some qns (with out any transfer).
For MLC should I use Darren Fletcher or Owen Hargreaves?
MRC Michael Carrick or Anderson?
since you said wingers should able to break opponent's attack, RW I think Antonio Valencia is most fit here, however for LW, Park is best in deference compare to Nani and Tosic, but Nani and Tosic are better in attack, so who is better at LW here in this formation?

For the strickers, FWL shld be strong and FWR is fast, I felt Dimitar Berbatov should be FWL and Wayne Rooney shld be FWL since Rooney is faster, but again, Berbatov is not as strong as Rooney =.=", so how shld i put these 2 players to suit the formation?

Cannot figure out which one of your tactics to use. Fulham season 1. Relegation contenders

I am using the 2009/10 data base, playing man u, which formation you recommend.
/..../
?

I would use them jusBerbatov suggested. Berbs( FCL) and Rooney(FCR). shld consider using the more attacking version as a standard home version for most games.

The hints about the wingers are mostly because users tend to forget that there has to be balance through out a team and you cant win the Prem with 4 AMCs in midfield. Its more than OK to use attacking minded wingers as long as one can recognize the situations when its better to use D/M-players instead( i-.e, when playing a tight and narrow game on the counter against string opposition)

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Cannot figure out which one of your tactics to use. Fulham season 1. Relegation contenders

It depends on your transfers and the aim with the first season. Is it to build up a squad for the future, then I would suggest the 4321 for underdogs/middle teams, if you want to play with a single FC. If its to play just one season, then look at your squad make a small a SWOT and post it. After that I can give you better advice.

I would use them jusBerbatov suggested. Berbs( FCL) and Rooney(FCR). shld consider using the more attacking version as a standard home version for most games.

The hints about the wingers are mostly because users tend to forget that there has to be balance through out a team and you cant win the Prem with 4 AMCs in midfield. Its more than OK to use attacking minded wingers as long as one can recognize the situations when its better to use D/M-players instead( i-.e, when playing a tight and narrow game on the counter against string opposition)

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

It depends on your transfers and the aim with the first season. Is it to build up a squad for the future, then I would suggest the 4321 for underdogs/middle teams, if you want to play with a single FC. If its to play just one season, then look at your squad make a small a SWOT and post it. After that I can give you better advice.

Thanks a lot!! How about the midfield?

Sorry to be a pain, but I wanna use one of your tactics because I finished 5th with Swansea in my first season, but near the end of the season a lot of teams were working out how we played and were dominating against us, so I need to change, but I'm not sure whether to use the Top team tactic, the middle team one, or the underdog, as we finished 5th we are sort of a top team but we had a great tactic going last season, sadly teams figured us out, I will prob use on of the 4-4-2 ones, and I like 4-4-2 and it keeps things simple for the team, so I basically need to know what one you think I should use out of Top Team, Middle Team and Underdog team :) Cheers. Max :)

Sorry to be a pain, but I wanna use one of your tactics because I finished 5th with Swansea in my first season, but near the end of the season a lot of teams were working out how we played and were dominating against us, so I need to change, but I'm not sure whether to use the Top team tactic, the middle team one, or the underdog, as we finished 5th we are sort of a top team but we had a great tactic going last season, sadly teams figured us out, I will prob use on of the 4-4-2 ones, and I like 4-4-2 and it keeps things simple for the team, so I basically need to know what one you think I should use out of Top Team, Middle Team and Underdog team :) Cheers. Max :)

I have actually no idéa how good your players are but one set that is rather exciting to use is the 4222Box for Top Teams

I'm beginer in FM so I'm choosed Man City.Played with Underdog Standard tactic and you know what?Home win against Man utd and other 4 wins in a row,but then lost away against Newcastle and 3 lost in a row.wth?

played as notts county with underdog 442 top of league 2 worked a treat with hughes as the finisher and konstadinov as the pace man

I'm gonna try your 4-3-2-1 with my West Ham side, only because my current tactic that got me into 7th place last season has been worn out a bit if you get what I mean, teams are outplaying me now and the AI is figuring me out easier, so I'll try one of yours :) I'll report back soon

I'm gonna try your 4-3-2-1 with my West Ham side, only because my current tactic that got me into 7th place last season has been worn out a bit if you get what I mean, teams are outplaying me now and the AI is figuring me out easier, so I'll try one of yours :) I'll report back soon

If they by " figuring me out easier,", are playing more cautious against you, I would use the 4321 for TopTeams

The underdog tactics (442) work great. Used the attacking variant against the topteams (me Man City) and won away at chelsea, Liverpool ánd Arsenal, draw at Man U. At home won Chelsea and Man U so far and also Barcelona and Juventus. Some even by a big margin (Man U, 4-0). The attacking variant seems to work best as it still puts some pressure on the other teams goal. This might be because the difference is never that great between teams.

Haven't been able to make the topteam tactics work though. Used it against lesser teams and drawn against WBA, Portsmouth and Fulham at home (!). Seems to me it is because of the shorter passing and narrow width and I have the biggest pitch possible atm.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

I'm beginer in FM so I'm choosed Man City.Played with Underdog Standard tactic and you know what?Home win against Man utd and other 4 wins in a row,but then lost away against Newcastle and 3 lost in a row.wth?

I found that the underdog tactic didn't work quite as well when I was favorite. They work very well when teams are attacking you, but if you are the one making the game your probably better off using another approach. Btw I play with city too. Changing to attacking underdog might help as well. If you transfered in some nice players, you won't be the underdog in most matches though.