If wanting to use the tactic uploaded above in a 451/433, then just drop the FR/L into AMR/L and push up the AMC into FC and use him in a supporting role:

EDIT: then use the AML as an inside FC nor defensive FC in the Cautious version

Last edited:
Ok. After some doubts and thinkings I've decided on 3 formations. All of them are without any specific individual instructions yet. Just try to put my best players in their places and respect the previous philosophy.

The control one. One it's with more intensity and the other is just to control the game moving the ball around and keep things safe, but always pressing the opposition when the ball is losed. Might change the roles accordingly to what games ask and I think.

View attachment 452959View attachment 452958View attachment 452957

The agressive counter. Again, depending on what games need, the roles might be changed.

View attachment 452956View attachment 452955

Finally a deep counter with 2 possible approaches. One to stand-off and expect the opponent. The other is to attack safely and try to not loose the ball cheaply.

View attachment 452954View attachment 452953View attachment 452952

Let me know your thinkings. Didn't play any match yet. Will go to WBA next game away.

Been struggling really hard with Chelsea this season, but my faith in the split 4-5-1 has not been lost. Altough I see alot of good things I can't seem to keep a clean sheet in a single match this season. My defense is Alaba, Terry, Varane and Azpilicueta. I don't know if the tactic might need reworking, maybe you could take a look at it?

Been struggling really hard with Chelsea this season, but my faith in the split 4-5-1 has not been lost. Altough I see alot of good things I can't seem to keep a clean sheet in a single match this season. My defense is Alaba, Terry, Varane and Azpilicueta. I don't know if the tactic might need reworking, maybe you could take a look at it?

Playing Counter or even Standard using a player in DMC position makes your defense sit too deep with the current ME build. When the update is out, I will have a look at it again.

The 451

-A set of 6 versions

tljw.png

THE VERSIONS

In this post, I have uploaded 6 different tactics. Look at them as frameworks and as inspiration for your team.

Really Attacking
View attachment 449204

We push up and hassle. We exploit the flanks and look for killer balls. Feel free to add one more attacking role in midfield. Naturally, this approach is vulnerable to teams playing composed & compact so it?s not one you would launch at start against teams to have respect for

Control
View attachment 449203

We play more probing with the aim to control the game and use more runs from deep rather than more advanced positions. We both try to retrieve possession as well as hold it

Slow Standard
View attachment 449202
We try to keep possession and control the game, constantly following the flow of the game to react to what we see on the pitch

Wide & Stretching Counter
View attachment 449201

Here, we find the most probing and controlling of the counter versions. We look to use more width and deny the opponent space. We simply look to create space to exploit rather than exploit what is already there.

Quick Counter
View attachment 449200

Launching quicker counter attacks to exploit the space the opponent leaves behind

Cautious Counter
View attachment 449199

Here, we sit back more, trying to keep possession when we have the ball. Do remember that its a fine line between being cautoius and too passive

THE ROLES/PLAYERS

DEFENCE

Here, we have one Fullback that is more attacking and one more cautious. The Central Defenders are on cover/cover or could be converted to Stopper/Stopper against teams playing with 2 forwards. When facing formations using only one FC without a Shadow FC behind, then feel free to use a stopper/cover partnership

MIDFIELD

We sit with a supporting DMC behind a DLP and a hardworking player (either a CM/defend, BBM, BWM etc.)

ATTACK

As we play with a single FC without and supporting AMC, we use a FC on support. Out wide, I am using an inside FC and an advanced Playmaker

Remember that it?s not about the exact roles, but the balance between the roles and duties

The 451

-A set of 6 versions

tljw.png

THE VERSIONS

In this post, I have uploaded 6 different tactics. Look at them as frameworks and as inspiration for your team.

Really Attacking
View attachment 431505

We push up and hassle. We exploit the flanks and look for killer balls. Feel free to add one more attacking role in midfield. Naturally, this approach is vulnerable to teams playing composed & compact so it?s not one you would launch at start against teams to have respect for

Control
View attachment 431508

We play more probing with the aim to control the game and use more runs from deep rather than more advanced positions. We both try to retrieve possession as well as hold it

Slow Standard
View attachment 431509
We try to keep possession and control the game, constantly following the flow of the game to react to what we see on the pitch

Wide & Stretching Counter
View attachment 431511

Here, we find the most probing and controlling of the counter versions. We look to use more width and deny the opponent space. We simply look to create space to exploit rather than exploit what is already there.

Quick Counter
View attachment 431512

Launching quicker counter attacks to exploit the space the opponent leaves behind

Cautious Counter
View attachment 431514

Here, we sit back more, trying to keep possession when we have the ball. Do remember that its a fine line between being cautoius and too passive

THE ROLES/PLAYERS

DEFENCE

Here, we have one Fullback that is more attacking and one more cautious. The Central Defenders are on cover/cover or could be converted to Stopper/Stopper against teams playing with 2 forwards. When facing formations using only one FC without a Shadow FC behind, then feel free to use a stopper/cover partnership

MIDFIELD

We sit with a supporting DMC behind a DLP and a hardworking player (either a CM/defend, BBM, BWM etc.)

ATTACK

As we play with a single FC without and supporting AMC, we use a FC on support. Out wide, I am using an inside FC and an advanced Playmaker

Remember that it?s not about the exact roles, but the balance between the roles and duties

Great work, as always

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing. Great work as always!

Guess I'll finally move back to FM14. Was having a "hard time" with my tactics and now I guess I can play again. Or try...

Cheers!

Amazing. Great work as always!

Guess I'll finally move back to FM14. Was having a "hard time" with my tactics and now I guess I can play again. Or try...

Cheers!

Cheers !

Will upload some more sets during the day.

Is this working well with the new patch mate?

I have not tried the Gyroscope yet but the others do. If refering to the "sets, then the 451 was made with the latest. In theory, they should work will all patches as its the ame approach as I have been using since FM10

Bumping this with a question.

If anyone has a request for an underdog plug & play tactic to make you overachieve ( not win the league though), the just fire away. Just remember to provide the following info.

(exact) Formation with a screenshot
  • the level you are playing at
  • most important roles that will dicated the flow ( like a quick FC, strong FC, quick wingers, amc as a SS or a TQ etc)

Bumping this with a question.

If anyone has a request for an underdog plug & play tactic to make you overachieve ( not win the league though), the just fire away. Just remember to provide the following info.

(exact) Formation with a screenshot
  • the level you are playing at
  • most important roles that will dicated the flow ( like a quick FC, strong FC, quick wingers, amc as a SS or a TQ etc)
Could you make an everton underdog roberto martinez tactic

Could you make an everton underdog roberto martinez tactic

Have a look at the template above and what info I need :D . Everton is not an underdog as such as they have really good players but I somewhat get the idea. So, Hardwork ( only works with hardworking players), some hardworking players being able to express them selfes and a really mobile FC along with fullbacks actually being good at positioning and off the ?ball., correct ?
What formation did you have in mind ?

Have a look at the template above and what info I need :D . Everton is not an underdog as such as they have really good players but I somewhat get the idea. So, Hardwork ( only works with hardworking players), some hardworking players being able to express them selfes and a really mobile FC along with fullbacks actually being good at positioning and off the ?ball., correct ?
What formation did you have in mind ?
Like 4411 high temp hard workers

Would you consider Galatasaray an underdog? We're the favorites to win the league but in the Champions League we're pretty much as underdog as it gets. I'll send the template if it's all right with you?