***THE BETTER HALFS TACTIC UPLOAD & DISCUSSION

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
THE BETTER HALFS
TACTIC & TRAINING CENTER

[email protected] ( add me on msn)
http://www.facebook.com/thebetterhalf.tbh ( add me on Facebook)

Welcome to my tactic center. Here, you will find all my uploaded tactics and training schedules for Football Manager 2012 and 2013. As you see, this opening seves as a index of the uploades, providing links to each and every one of them as they are posted in seperate posts. Click the link to get to the post explaining more indepth ( and where the download is found)

You will find suggested settings as a base for discussion, set of 4 versions for the tinkerman and plug & play tactics for the casual gamer that prefers to focus on squad building

Picking a Tactic

- Analyze the squad to see where your strengths and weakness lies
- With that information in mind, setup a realistic goal for what you want to achieve the first season
- Think about what kind of formation and approach that in real life/realistically are more likely to see you achieve those goals
- Then either use any of my tactics, other uploads or one of your own that matches that approach the most

My point here is that without knowing where your strengths and weakness lies, its impossible to use the correct approach that makes you use your best players where they do the most damage whilst still being able to keep a solid defensive shape making up for your weaknesses.

It might be that your squad lacks player able to break the pattern but dwells on pure physique and teamwork. Then a more direct and ugly approach is the best. It might be that your DCs are really slow, then you might need to play deeper with a DMC sitting in front. It might be that you will face team ( not that likely here) sitting deep and you need to see if your team is good enough to use a probing style of play, stretching their defence or if you should go for a more overloading gung-ho style as you have the physique for it etc etc

Enjoy the read :D

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013

PLUG & PLAY TACTICS
Click the Spoilers for a preview, The Links for he Download and Opening post of the Specific Tactic
0eos.png
0eos.png

The Hook

View attachment 473318

0eos.png
0eos.png

343 - The Electric Octopus, No Central Defenders
View attachment 378770

Here is a Tactic that focuses the play using a core of hardworking players in the center of the park, spreading passes out wide. We flood the center of the park and drag the opponents in and out until they lose their initial positioning on the field, losing their man to mark

Looking at the defense, using no actual central defender, it’s important to actually use player in the DMC position that are string in the air when the crosses comes in.
Look at this as a philosophy, not an uploaded tactic file. To be able to get result with this approach, you need to either have the correct players from the start or build your team to suit it. It’s not a short term fix, but a long-term strategy, a way of thinking and playing football.

With this said, this approach is more likely to work with the top 6 teams in the top leagues in Europe.

0eos.png
0eos.png

361, The Gyroscope
View attachment 378361
The Gyroscope
Here is a Tactic that focuses the play using triangles. The key is to outnumber and overload every single area the ball is in when in possession, hence the DMCs are more pushed up and the AMC dropped slightly deeper. The Strategy is a counter one but dont be fooled by it. If having players with good decision, then you will be surprised about the amount of possession we are able to hold.

0eos.png
0eos.png

Deep 424, High Risk & High Reward
View attachment 378362
Here, you will find an approach using 4 advanced players, 4 deep, one attacking fullback and one holding and more defensive Fullback. The approach is a counter style using slightly more of the width than the usual mixed passing counter.

As some of you will notice, this approach also uses different approach on the different flanks to ensure we always have one major attacking outlet no matter how the opponent decided to play, just like my tactics called Split "X".

On the right flank, we have two holding players in our Fullback and the DMCright. This means that when facing opponents sitting deep, this is the flank where most successful attacks will be.

The Left flank will have more success in the buildup when attacks are swift and against teams pushing up
Together, this means that we bring more dimensions to the game and that we are always able to threat the opponent.

But this also means that if the play is channeled mainly down one of the flanks and that wingers has a really bad day, the team swill struggle. Whilst this is not a common scenario as it mostly applies when facing heavy underdogs or huge favourites, just be aware of it and be prepared to sub the player

0eos.png
0eos.png

FLAT 442, The Compact Box
View attachment 378363
The Approach
In this Tactic, I have decided to try a system I used in FM08. Back then, Mentality systems like the Rule of One, Rule of Two, Bands of Two, and Global Mentality etc were popular and to this day, they are still used but now, they are implemented into the mentality system of the Very Fluid, Very Rigid etc.

The System I used to make sure that the teams played as fluid as possible was not the Global Mentality System where everybody had the same mentality, but a reversed Rule of 2 or 5. This means that the Defenders are on the highest of mentality and the Forwards on the lowest in relation to each other. The point of this system is to create a really compact team when defending as the lower the mentality, the lower starting point within his position, the more focus the players will put into their defensive duties, here meaning that the Wingers and Attackers will track back more. The only exception here is that I use on Forward on a high mentality, a player that don’t move forward but instead acts like a False Nine.

When launching an attack, the team will either use a patient build up using this mentality system…or.. Launching a Counter attack that will trigger the mentality of the players to get to the highest. This means that we here have a SPLIT Mentality system where the attackers and wingers both track back, uses overlaps and triangles in the patient build up as well as getting forward in quick attacks.

0eos.png
0eos.png

SPLIT 451
View attachment 378366

Here is a little project that is a simple Plug & play Tactic. Attached you will find 2 Tactics. One called TBH SPLIT 451 MR version and this is the one described in the post. The other one is called "ML" version and is the mirror of the first one. If you use the "Mirrored", then the flow and the roles will be the other way around

Left side
Here, the buildup is more swift and mostly consists of an attacking fullback supporting the Winger that’ is used in a Ronaldo-esque role. Our Deep-Lying Playmaker is also used on this side and when he sees it fit to slow things down - when a counter attack is not on - he often switch flank to the…..

Right side.
Here, we have a Ball-playing DC that often starts the attacks and either plays a t-balls into channels to our MR or the Explosive DMC. Our Fullback and Winger make nice overlaps together with the DMC, using triangles to draw the opponents on to them.

Both sides put together
by using this split formation, we give ourselves the opportunity to have many dimension in our build up. We can play a direct ball onto our FC, we can play a possession based approach and drag the opponents on to us by using triangles in midfield. We have the width with our MR and left Wingback (in the DL position). We have crosses from both left and right and we have people taking runs from both the left, right and the center

If the opponents sit deep, the right side is more likely to be able to drag the opponent onto us and if they play aggressive and push up, then the left side can easily retain possession in an advanced position whilst still having cover by the MC if losing the ball.

Naturally, the flow of the game will depend on the quality and preferred moves of your players but regardless of opponent, it gives you the chance to dominate the area of the pitch where you beat them in quality using this multi dimension approach.

In short, it’s a good approach if wanting to stretch the opponent sideways and be able to overload every area of the field

0eos.png
0eos.png

SPLIT 451 Libero version
View attachment 378369

I have uploaded 2 tactic. One is called Left version, and one Right version, being a mirror of the first one. They are both identical and sno version is better than the other. Just use the one that suits your squad

This one is a tweak of my old SPLIT 451 and it uses the same approach. By having many dimensions to the play, the flow will look different depending on the pros and cons of the opponents approach. The aim is to both be able to play in a patient and probing possession style whilst always being ready to launch that quick attack.

When looking at the player requirements, you will quickly see that it’s a pretty demanding approach. Not only do we play a high energy game but we also use 2 really clever in our Ball Playing DC and the Libero. In theory, this approach should not work with weak teams lacking players with high stats in Decision, Work rate, team Work and Determination but you are naturally welcome to try it with **** teams to.

0eos.png
0eos.png

SPLIT 433/343
View attachment 378371
Here is a little project that is a simple Plug & play Tactic. Attached you will find 2 Tactics. One called TBH SPLIT 433 MR version and this is the one described in the post. The other one is called "ML" version and is the mirror of the first one. If you use the "Mirrored", then the flow and the roles will be the other way around

You dont "switch" between the tactics other than to suit your actuall squad and the settings are exactly

Left side
Here, the buildup consists in a WBleft and a DMCleft and an advanced Forward that comes deep to link up with play and the Central FC sitting deeper " in the hole". As the DMC plays a more direct game, he often put balls into channels down the flanks for our FCleft and our Wingback.

Right side.
Here, we have a holding MC that plays t-balls into channels down the flanks onto our Winger providing width. The FCright is playing as an advanced FC with the support of an deeper FCcenter that is dragging one of the Central Defenders out of position The fullback is one that stays back and acts both cover and an easy passing option for the MC and the winger

Both sides put together
By using this split formation, we give ourselves the opportunity to have many dimension in our build up. We can play a direct ball onto our FCs, we can play a possession based approach and drag the opponents on to us by using triangles in midfield. We have the width with our MR and left Wingback . We have crosses from both left and right and we have people taking runs from both the left, right and the center

If the opponents sit deep, the right side is more likely to be able to drag the opponent onto us and if they play aggressive and push up, then the left side can easily retain possession in an advanced position whilst still having cover by the DMC if losing the ball.

Naturally, the flow of the game will depend on the quality and preferred moves of your players but regardless of opponent, it gives you the chance to dominate the area of the pitch where you beat them in quality using this multi dimension approach.

In short, it’s a good approach if wanting to stretch the opponent sideways and be able to overload every area of the field

0eos.png
0eos.png

Narrow Diamond
View attachment 378374

0eos.png
0eos.png

Underdog Direct Counter - Narrow 41221 BOX
View attachment 378409
Here, you will find a(2) TACTIC(s) made for underdogs and lesser teams. As always, one should use the formation that gets the best out of the team and here, it’s for those that have many central midfielders but lack in quality wingers.

The concept is really simple as we play a direct counter approach. Don’t expect to see beautiful football, no matter what team you use as this is mostly made for lesser gifted squads. We flood the midfield and try to grind out results by either playing really aggressive or standing off slightly more.

The 2 Versions

One version is called HIGH PRESS and is more aggressive and one is called LOWER PRESS and here we are les aggressive and play more compact. Just use the version that suits your team and the circumstances the best. Maybe you face a team where you need to be more aggressive, the use the HIGH PRESS

If you are more scared of the opponent or if your players are not putting in the effort as a unit, then use the LOWER PRESS

PLAYERS

Nothing fancy at all.

DMC – Strong

MCL – Better Decision, Passing

MCRight – Hardworking normal CM

AMC´s – Attacking Mids.

FC – The Best you have
0eos.png
0eos.png

Underdog Direct Counter - Wide 451
View attachment 378425
The Versions
This small set consist of 3 versions that are to be used as plug & play tactics. The first version is called "High Press", the 2nd "Lower press. If you feel that you have the ability to disturb the opponent by putting a **** of a lot more pressure on them, then use the high press and if you are more scared that you might be dragged out of position by this superior team, then use the lower press version. The Lower Press version in also good to revert to when some of the plaers are not putting in the effort of closing down. This way, we dont get so stretched
The flow
using Underdogs
As soon as a counter attack is launched, we keep a directgame and channel t-balls from the middle onto the flanks for our 3 attackingplayers to run onto/to their feet after they have taken a run wide. Our single DMC keeps a restricted game and in front of him we have 2 more attacking minded MCs that always seeks free space. When ourfullbacksget into possession deep down field, they hold on to the ball to drag theopposition onto them. This means that if we face a tea sitting deep and defend,
our attacking players are likely to make a run forward in vain and the FBs holdonto the ball, making these attacking players easy to mark as the oppositionsimply denies us space to play these direct t-balls into. This is why this approach is for underdogs and perhaps middle teams.

0eos.png
0eos.png

The Different 4231´s
View attachment 378383
Abstract

In this thread, you will find 3 different uploaded tactics. As you may notice, many of the sliders have been tweaked so shouts will not have the same function as you are used to. The tweaked sliders also mean that it’s important that you actually look at the individual settings of the players rather than the names of the roles.

You see, just as in real life, it’s important to understand what a 4231 really is. It’s not a formation that sits deep and holds possession, nor is it one that lets you drag the opposition on to you before launching quick attacks as the main function of the formation is to play aggressive and overload the opponents defense.

This means that when wanting to play more cautious and even defensive, it’s better to use a different formation, a different triangel in the central midfield.

Here, I am offering 3 different approaches, all using the Counter Strategy. I have not included the “451/433” using a DMC-MC-MC formation as its one that I find better used by just changing roles and strategies, i.e., using the Tactic Creator to its full. Instead, we are focusing on the following approaches.

Besides the normal things like man management and forming and developing a balanced squad full of players that actually wants to win, the key to success lies in knowing when to use what formation.is this not a hard task for the casual games then, the casual gamer that this thread is most likely to attract the attention of? Well, not really. The important thing is try to understand what the 3 different approaches aims for and, voila, here it is.

0eos.png
0eos.png

TACTICS SETS

352 with Sweeper, Wingbacks 352 Diamond Asymmetric 4222 Narrow 4123

View attachment 378381 View attachment 378379 View attachment 378384 View attachment 378382

sdfsdfsdfsdf

FM 12
TACTICS SETS OF 2-4 VERSIONS

Wide 451 -Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
- Great results with Stoke Underdog / Middleteam

Narrow Diamond-Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
Top of the Table with Norwich 2011/2012 Underdog / Middleteam

Deep 422 -Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
- EPL winners with Aston Villa 2011/2012 Underdog / Middleteam

Deep 4231 -Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
Underdog / Middleteam

Wide 42121 - Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
Promotion with Posh, Hudds, Morecambe Underdog / Middleteam

352 -Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
Currently under betatesting MiddleTeam/Top Team

4123 -Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
Great results with Stoke and Top Teams Underdog/MiddleTeam/Top Team

41221 Box -Direct Counter For Underdogs and Lesser Teams
Great resulst with Top teams MiddleTeam/Top Team

TACTICAL APPROACHES USING THE TACTIC CREATOR

Here I present how I use the Tactic Creator, using shouts. A number of formations suiting topteams, middle teams and underdogs. Notice that none of these tactics are actually up for download but instead, you should look at the screenshots of the teamsettings and roles as inspiration

FLAT 442

MAN UNITED TACTIC
- A TOP TEAM TACTIC

ASTON VILLA TACTIC - A MIDDLETEAM TACTIC

BOLTON TACTIC - A UNDERDOG TACTIC

WIDE 4231
ARSENAL A TOPTEAM TACTIC

WBA TACTIC A MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

QPR TACTICA UNDERDOG TACTIC

DEEP & WIDE 4222
JUVENTUS TACTIC A TOP TEAM & MIDDLETEAM TACTIC

CHELSEA TACTIC - A TOP TEAM & MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

INTER & MILAN TACTIC - A TOP TEAM
& MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

FM 11

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...k-akashs-sumthin-4231-mcs-here-top-teams.html

INTO OBLIVION - an asymmetric 451

CAUTIOUS in CAUSTON - A FLAT 442

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...fm09-tactics-now-football-manager-2011-a.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...coring-433-better-half-mc-mc-mc-fr-fc-fl.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tic-pack-52-uploaded-tactics-better-half.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aining/59838-thebetterhalf-my-442-thread.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ning/49866-thebetterhalf-workshop-thread.html

TACTIC SETS

GRANDE FLAT 442 - Set of 6 versions

GRANDE WIDE 41221 - Set of 6 versions

GRANDE WIDE 4231 - Set of 6 versions

FM 10
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ics/40539-better-half-plug-shout-tactics.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/prem...-better-halfs-tactical-frameworks-10-3-a.htmlhttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-better-half%B4s-tactical-sets-no-wizard.html

UPLOADED TRAINING SCHEDULES

TBH Training Schedules

THE PROJECTS
Here I present my projects where I describe how one can set up a tactic for a specific team, or how I use on of my sets

Last edited:
INTO OBLIVION
- an asymmetric 451

formations.png

SUMMARY

Within a narrow approach, we play a cautious build up, making sure that our players value the situation before making a call. We dont seek possession, nor do we play a high pressing game. Instead, we play with a rather defensive mentality and a deeper d-line. Many players hold on to the ball to drag the opposition out of position before launching a quick attack in an otherwise slow approach. By letting some player be more expressive along with having them roaming and moving into channels, we make sure that we can both be narrow in the build up and use the full pitch when the space in to be found

THE DOWNLOAD LINK

INTO OBLIVION - an asymmetric 451 by TheBetterHalf - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

THE PLAYERS

FULLBACKS
View attachment 198917
The role given is Fullback and he is not to try anything fancy. Instead, he holds on to the ball to lure the opposition on to him, playing a shortish passing game. Whilst he does not run with ball - beat his man with the ball - and forward - get past his man, into an attacking position without the ball - very often( set to rarely), he will still do so if the option is clearly on.
Requirements: Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Crossing –Anticipation

CENTRAL DEFENDERS
View attachment 198918

Nothing fancy here as we use rather limited settings. Strong header that can read the game is always good and if they pacey, its as a huge bonus
Requirements: Decision – Positioning- Anticipation – Marking – Jumping – Heading – Strength

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER ( dmc)
View attachment 198919
In the DMC position, we use a strong DMC that actually knows how to get into a good attacking position late in attacks. He moves into channels from deep and provides that little extra in those matches when we face deep sitting opponents. Naturally, he should be be able to carry out hid defensive duties as well.(If having 2 DMC/MC that are strong box2box types, then let them ( MC and DMC) swap)
Requirements:Creativity – Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling – Strength – Off the ball

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER ( MC)

View attachment 198920
Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. This is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but in short here we play a normal central midfielder that breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game, getting forward when the option is on and sometimes tries to beat his man with the ball. If having 2 DMC/MC that are strong box2box types, then let them ( MC and DMC) swap
Requirements: Creativity – Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

WINGER (MR)
View attachment 198921 View attachment 198927
A classic attacking winger or a defensive minded wide midfielder, the choice is yours. When playing away to Barca and using to use a more cautious lineup, then use the left settings. When wanting to play more attacking, using a more attacking minded player, then use the settings to the right. When I had a defenisive winger( ie, a wingback) that was really good in dribbling and had pace, I used the left settings along with run with ball set to often
Requirements Winger ( attacking ): Decision – Creativity – Off the Ball - Strength – Passing – Dribbling – Flair – Finishing
Requirements Winger ( defensive )Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Strength - Passing –Anticipation

ADVANCED WINGER ( AML)
View attachment 198923
The Advanced winger is to been seen as an inside forward rather then a classic winger. You can use both left and right footed players.
Requirements:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER ( AMC)
View attachment 198937
Here we find an attacking AMC/FC or TQ rather then a box2box MC/AMC. If playing with a team that has resources, I would try to get a False nine that can swap position with the FC, also being a false nine.
Requirements: Decision – Creativity – Off the Ball - Strength – Passing – Dribbling – Flair - Finishing.

DEEP DROPPING FORWARD/FALSE NINE/TQ ( FC)

View attachment 198924
The complete linkman, the false nine. He roams around the pitch from deep. He hold onto the ball and whilst his passing game is set to direct, he still makes those easy passes when linking up with play, before getting inside the area. This player needs his pace. Players like Tevez, Rooney, R.V.Persie etc are monsters here. Just notice that when using a single FC formation, its crucial that this players one of the best of the team. After all, you using just one FC and if he cant score, link up with play, then it’s all over. As always, its all about having balance in the team and making sure that all areas have more strength then flaws. As written in the AMC description, its can be a really good idea to let the AMC and FC swap position during the game. If playing with a top team, then one could try to get 3 False nine and rotate them and let them in AMC and FC.

For weaker teams, just make sure that the player is a linkman and not one that plays on the shoulder off the last defender

Requirements::Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength

RESULTS

Although not tested enough to be called the final version, its has still been with various teams at various levels.
here are the latst results playing with Bristol Rovers in League two, a team that should be fighting in the topflight.
Notice some great wins in the Leguae Cup away from home againt Championship teams
View attachment 198942View attachment 198943View attachment 198944View attachment 198945View attachment 198946

..and some results from Users

Here is the final table and team comparisons.
View attachment 199939View attachment 199950
Fixtures, transfers and season budget.
View attachment 199940View attachment 199938View attachment 199949
And here are the ratings and my key players' stats.
View attachment 199941View attachment 199942View attachment 199943View attachment 199944View attachment 199945View attachment 199946
League player stats and one of my best matches stats. Also one regen I found and signed from free transfer for the coming season.
View attachment 199948View attachment 199937View attachment 199947
From what I noticed the left winger is really important for success. Or maybe he did so well because he is my best player(Marco Reus). I don't think I've ever gotten into Champions League at the first season after promotion. Impressive tactic.

MATCH PREPERATION

The chosen tactics

As this is a plug & play, you only let the team learn this one

The Workload

This slider dictates how much time the team puts into learning the chosen tactics. Remember that the higher the workload, the less time the team spends on the training ground, improving their stats.

The focus area

Preseason: When using a focus area, this takes up some of the time the team spends on getting fluid with the tactic. In preseason, playing a new save or if having lots of new players, you do need to use Team Blend so get the squad familiar with each other, playing as a team but if the team is already blended, I normally don't use any

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this tactic as such so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using a more attacking lineup. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game,

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTION (OPTIONAL)

DMC playmakers:Let the AMC specific manmakr him and close down always
AML: show inside, into the arms of our DMC

PITCH SIZE

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a **** team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team

SOUNDTRACK OF THE TACTIC

[video=youtube_share;Td64jjOCqd4]http://youtu.be/Td64jjOCqd4[/video]

Last edited:

C
AUTIOUS in CAUSTON
- a FLAT 442

formation.png

SUMMARY

Within a narrow approach, we play a cautious build up, making sure that our players value the situation before making a call. We dont seek possession, nor do we play a high pressing game. Instead, we play with a rather defensive mentality making sure that we keep a clean sheet. Many players hold on to the ball to drag the opposition out of position before launching a quick attack in an otherwise slow approach. By letting some player be more expressive along with having them roaming and moving into channels, we make sure that we can both be narrow in the build up and use the full pitch when the space in to be found. 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0 is better then 5-0, 0-1, 5-0, 5-0, 5-0.

THE DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5747

THE PLAYERS

FULLBACKS
View attachment 200930
The role given is Fullback and he is not to try anything fancy. Instead, he holds on to the ball to lure the opposition on to him, playing a shortish passing game. Whilst he does not run with ball - beat his man with the ball - and forward - get past his man, into an attacking position without the ball - very often( set to rarely), he will still do so if the option is clearly on.
Requirements: Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Crossing –Anticipation

CENTRAL DEFENDERS
View attachment 200931

Nothing fancy here as we use rather limited settings. Strong header that can read the game is always good and if they pacey, its as a huge bonus
Requirements: Decision – Positioning- Anticipation – Marking – Jumping – Heading – Strength

LEFT CENTRAL MIDFIELDER ( MC)
View attachment 200932
Here, we have the normal strong central midfielder a strong ball winner. His role is very restricted and he holds on to the ball and plays short passes.
Requirements: Decision - Technique – Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

RIGHT CENTRAL MIDFIELDER (MC)
View attachment 200933
This is the unofficial playmaker of the team, the player that puts these t-balls onto our attacking players. As this is not an expressive tactic as such, he is not given lots of creative freedom. This does not mean that he will not use his creativity though, only that he won’t try the harder and unexpected things too often. Think of him as a creative Box2Box player rather then an elegant advanced playmaker
Requirements: Decision - Technique –First Touch- Creativity - Passing – Composure – Positioning – Marking – Tackling - Strength

WINGERS (MR & ML)
View attachment 200934 View attachment 200935
As the tactic is cautious, their mentality is set to defensive and they both hold up the ball. On the other hand, they are set to dribble a lot to and are given the opportunity to be really expressive. This means that once they get high up in the pitch, they will act much more attacking then when having lots of players in between them and the goal. As you see, their roles are slightly different. The Right winger does not move forward to beat his man whilst the Left one does, moving into channels. This is just to get some balance in the tactic, getting movement from both sides of the field. This means that if you have a MR that likes to get forward at every opportunity, perhaps you need to mirror the formation*
Requirements Winger) Decision – Tackling – Marking – Positioning – Stamina – Strength - Passing –Anticipation

DEEP DROPPING FORWARD (FCleft)
View attachment 200936
Being the most advanced player in the team, this linkman drops deep to connect with play and drag the center back out of position. He plays a simple passing game, holding on to the ball before moving into channels, in between the center backs.
When speaking about a player like this, it’s not crucial that he like to drop deep or play with the back towards the goal. Just make sure that does not have conflicting ppms, like beat the offside trap or shoot from distance.
Requirements: Decision – Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration (and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength, Passing, Creativity- Agility

DEEPLYING FORWARD (FCright)
View attachment 200937
A player starting from further down the field, moving forward often.He plays a mixed passing game, looking for something to happen every time he gets the ball, either by dribbling to beat his man or by putting a t-ball into channels. By using these two player combination, we make sure that we have one player in the hole in every single attack, bring another dimension to the attacks
Requirements: Decision – Of the ball - Flair - Acceleration (and pace) Finishing - Composure - Passing - Creativity

RESULTS

- Will be posted later. I have used this tactic with many teams but not long enough with any of them to post any screens

MATCH PREPERATION

The chosen tactics

The Workload

This slider dictates how much time the team puts into learning the chosen tactics. Remember that the higher the workload, the less time the team spends on the training ground, improving their stats.

The focus area

Preseason: When using a focus area, this takes up some of the time the team spends on getting fluid with the tactic. In preseason, playing a new save or if having lots of new players, you do need to use Team Blend so get the squad familiar with each other, playing as a team but if the team is already blended, I normally don't use any

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this tactic as such so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using a more attacking lineup. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game,

PITCH SIZE

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a **** team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team

SOUNDTRACK OF THE TACTIC

[video=youtube_share;dvD73A9eXXk]http://youtu.be/dvD73A9eXXk[/video]

Last edited:

Welcome to my training section.

Here you will find some uploaded schedules, schedules with the aim to form players into the desired roles. When looking at the different roles, bare in mind that these are NOT synonym to the ones found in the wizard. Instead, these are to be looked at as they are in real life. For instance, in midfield, we use not Central Midfielder as in my opinion, a central midfielder on a support duty within a balanced appraoch IS in fact a Box 2 box midfielder or if used in on defensive duty with hard tackling, then he IS actually a ball winner sitting deep etc etc.

Download Link

Cllick here, then scroll down the end of the post

When will I see result ?

It depends. A common misunderstanding is that training schedule it self raises the Current Ability. This is not the case. The workload of the training along with the quality of the coaches, the mental stats of the player, his overall ambition to become better, the facilities, the quality of the coaches along with the most important part, the match practice are those factors that really matter. When you get these right, the players gets better and if using a training schedule that is well though out, you as a coach have the ability to make sure he gets more skillful in areas that not only he benefits form, but also in a way that suit the way you approach the game

What schedules should I use ?

This is up to you. If playing a direct quick counter game, then perhaps its better to train the MCs into 2 Box2Box and one anchorman. If playing a fluid control based 442, then perhaps the approach will be different. In my current save with Bristol Rovers, I am using really quick wingers, wingers without any defensive skills. As these are quite easy to get and they perform well in the lower divisions, it might be that I need to focus on bringing in and forming my DMC/MC newgenes and young guns into more defensive players. If wanting to use a playmaker, he should probably be a Deep or Defensive one and the other one would probably be a ball winner.

So you see, its all about the approach

The Workload is to high for me !!

If you get a lot of injuries due to the strength and aerobic training, then reduce that category with 20 %. If all the players on that schedule are complaining, then reduce the workload with about 2 nothes. If a single players is complaining, tell him to get stuffed

Individuall training focus

Here, you have a chance to either let a player focus extra on something that hinders him from using his other skills, focusing extra on a skill that whilst not having a multiple effect like the previously mentioned, still is an important skill that is too low, or, train on a crucial skill that is already high, raising it to 18, 19 or perhaps 20

The Training Categories
Here, I have cut & pasted what is already in the game, just to make it more clear

trainingcategory.png

The Schedules

DEFENDERS

Central Defender
This is your average central defender

54963279.png

Defensive Wide Defender
This player is a player similar to a central defender is terms of duties only here, he need to be able to break up attacks with his feet rather than with his head

fullbacks.png

Attacking Wide Defender
A player that covers lost of space, running up and down the flank. of all the wide players, these are the ones mostly involved in the transition phase and should be able to both break up attacks as well as beating their man and make an opening pass/cross.

wingback.png

MIDFIELDERS

Anchorman DMC
A limited DMC that should be a master of defensive positioning.

anchorman.png

Hardworking Ballwinner DMC/MC
The ball winner is a player that should not only be able to tackle and get into a good defensive position to do so, buy also to cut angels and mark players tightly. He plays a simple passing game and hold on to the ball.

ballwinner.png

Supporting Central Box to Box Midfielder DMC/MC/AMC
A player covering a large amount of space. He should be able to carry out both defensive and attacking duties

b2b.png

Attacking Midfielder MC/AMC
A player focusing on bieng at the end of the attacking phase rather then in the build up of the transition phase. Has very few defensive duties

amc.png

Defensive(Deep lying) Playmaker DMC/MC
A creative player that looks to dictate the tempo and spread opening passes form deeper down the field. Should be able to to handle a wider range of passes as well as helping out keeping the teams defensive shape and breaking up attack
plmdeep.png

Attacking( Advanced) Playmaker MC/AMC
A creative player that looks to make those final t-balls from higher up in the pitch, focusing more on the attacking duties then the defensive

plmadv.png

Defensive Winger

Hardworking wide player that should be able to get into a good defensive positioning, anticipate the opponents next move/ movement, break up attacks, hold on to the ball, pass that opening pass and/or beat his man and put in a cross.

defensivewinger.png

Wide Mid/Winger MR/L/AMR/L
A player moving up and down the flank, providing width and making crosses, moving into the area without the ball. Covers large areas of the field. Needs to be able to beat his man. Puts a bigger focus on the attack then the defence compared to the wingbacks and defensive winger.

winger.png

Wingforward AMR/L
Acting like a forward, he goes straight for goal or sets up a teammate with a t-ball rather then making crosses,
staying wide

wingforward.png

ATTACKERS

Trequartista
Creative player that empathise on the attack and the attack only. A great passer with a great mind

74419258.png

Target Man - Strong - Support
Like the TQ, this player should lie in the hole. Unlike the TQ, he does not need to be creative or posses great technical ability. Instead, he needs his strength. Needs off the ball skills

tmstrong.png

Complete Forward, Deep lying Forward & The Complete Target Man( support) to feet
In my opinion, these two roles requires the same skills. He should have great movement and vision. He should be good both with and off the ball and he the higher up the field he plays, the more desperate he needs an eye for a goal

completedeepfc.png

Advanced Forward/Poacher & ( quick )Target Man Attack
Using his off the ball skills along with his nose for a goal, he becomes your main goalscorer. Pacey, Technique and Agility are other important skills

afpoacher.png

Last edited:
Coming next
UPDATED WITH NEW VERSION
(Look at post nr 22)
BETTER HALF

FLAT 442

Previously, I have had one masterthread containing all my tactics but now I have decided to give each and every tactic a thread on its own, using the old masterthread as a workshop. In this tactic, we play in a flat 442, using shouts as a reaction of what happens on the field. I prefer playing down the flanks but in the uploaded version, the passing focus is set to mixed and changes when using the shouts so in short, when I use the tactic, I start the match playing down the flanks and then manually change the focus play to "default" when making the shouts ( i.e, actually playing through the middle when shouts "narrow" ) The flow of the game is really nice to watch and as its a flat 442, its in my opinion much more fun to build a squad around. being able to fit in most player types. I have uploaded all player settings, just click the link. In the Role description I have also provided you with some key stats and although they might seem like old news, it wont hurt to read them again
As you can see in the screenshot below( click the link), we play Standard-Balanced and don't use a Playmakers or a Target Man

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS ( Click the link)
formj.png

TACTIC FOUND AS AN ATTACHMENT AT THE END OF THE POST

MAJOR TWEAKED SETTINGS - The closing down of the team is fixed and the mentality of the MCs, Dcs and the FCleft( Poacher)

SHOUTS

The shouts are the ones that I have used with this tactic. Naturally, you can use others too, just remember that the closing down of all players are fixed as well as the mentality of some of the players and those wont be effected.

To play more attacking
STRATEGY - CONTROL
SHOUTS - EXPLOIT FLANKS and/or PLAY WIDER

To break down more cautious opponents by playing in a more controlling manor

STRATEGY - CONTROL
SHOUTS - RETAIN POSSESSION and TRY OVERLAPS, Sometimes also DROP DEEPER but not against teams using a AMc or a false nine

To punish and counter an opponent that press high and attacks you

STRATEGY - COUNTER
SHOUTS - GET BALL FORWARD, PLAY MORE NARROW, PUSH UP

To play more cautious and keep possession whilst still trying to attack when the opportunity arises
STRATEGY - COUNTER
SHOUTS - RETAIN POSSESSION, TAKE A BREATHER, PLAY MORE NARROW, PASS TO FEET

ROLES - Click the links to see their settings

FULLBACKS Keeps it rather simple

Defensive Keys :Work rate -> Decision -> Positioning -> Marking -> Tackling
Attacking Keys : Decision -> Crossing -> Passing
Nice ppms: -

CENTRAL DEFENDERS They keep it simple.

Defensive Keys: Work rate -> Decision -> Positioning -> Marking -> Tackling
Attacking Keys: Decision-> Passing
Nice ppms: Stays back at all times

WINGERS

Our MR keeps the width.

Attacking Keys: Decision -> Off the ball -> Pace -> Passing -> Crossing
Nice ppms: Runs down right flank, Moves into channels

ML, here we have a winger that moves into channels

Attacking Keys Decision -> Stamina ->Dribbling -> Pace -> Crossing
Nice ppms: Moves into channels, Gets inside the box

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

MCleft Is a more advanced holding player that keeps it simple

Attacking Keys: Decision -> Passing -> Off the ball
Nice ppms: Arrives late in the opposition area

MCright is the more creative and hits t-balls from deep

Defensive Keys: Decision -> Creativity -> Passing
Attacking Keys: Work rate -> Decision -> Positioning -> Marking -> Tackling
Nice ppms: Dictates tempo, Looks for a t-ball

ATTACKERS

FCleft

Our main scorer. Its importnat that he is able to not only get to the right place at the right time but also to actually put the ball into the net when the chance comes along. If he has good arial ability, then it’s a huge bonus but pace is more important

Defensive Keys: Work rate -> Tackling
Attacking Keys: Off the ball -> Anticipation -> Pace -> Finishing -> Composure -> Agility
Nice ppms:Moves into channels

FCRight - This player makes the final pass to the Poacher in FCleft

Defensive Keys: Work rate -> Tackling
Attacking Keys: Off the ball -> Anticipation -> Pace -> Passing -> Strength -> Agility
Nice ppms:Moves into channels

RESULTS

Really good results with Burnley, Birmingham, Charlton, Crewe and Arsenal

Table with Burnley Burnley Player stats

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

These are the OIs that I personally use or consider using when playing with almost any tactic. All depening on how indepth I want to get in the current save

Lone Striker
Tight mark and Close Down set to always

Strong but slow striker holding onto ball in a 2-man attack
Hard tackle, show onto weaker foot. i

Rubbish crossers
I show them down the line

Great crossers with right foot on right flank etc.
Show them inside

Advanced MC with good longshot and/or with great flair
Show onto weaker foot, Close Down

Deeplying playmaker and/or holding player
I let one of my Strikers manmark him and use Close down always

MATCH PREPERATION

Tactics
I usually save the Tactic as " Normal" and then make 2 more tactics. One that plays with more width and in a higher tempo( control) and one that play more narrow slow and on the counter( Counter). I then load up these 3 versions and let the players become familiar with all 3 versions so that we can use the shouts to its full benefit.

Focus Area and workload
Here, I use Team Blend for the first 2 months and then change depending on the opposition. Sometimes focusing on the more defensive aspects and sometimes the more attacking. As for the workload, I use heavy in the preseason and then in the middle or just under it during the rest of the season

TEAM TALKS AND THE MEDIA

I don't do media and as for teamtalks, It depends. Sometimes I go more indepth and make notes and sometimes I basically let my assman do it for me

PITCH SIZE

If i am a top team and tend to go for the more attacking shouts when playing at home, I choose a wide pitch. If I am an underdog, I keep a narrow pitch

POOR WEATHER

Well, I play in England and its raining....constantly. This I one of the reasons why I like to use take a breather in many matches to save energy but then again, I also use get ball forward when I feel that the opposition are the more tired side. One thing to remember though is to lower the d-line when playing in a long pitch on a rainy day, especially if having slow defenders or playing teams that have vey quick attackers and that tend to play more direct

PLAYING WITH 10 MEN

If I want to see out the game, being in the lead or drawing, I tend to remove the FCright and put the FCleft in the center as a FFC, always checking that he has kept his role and has the same settings as before moving him. After that, I use the more cautious counter shouts. Counter, Retain, Breather, To feet and Narrow. If I on the other hand is loosing, I do the same but 10 minutes from full time, I put the more attacking MC in the AMC position, pull in the wingers into MCl och MCR and play Attack, Wider and push up the d-line even more
DRIFTING SIDEWAYS
- an asymmetric 4231

SUMMARY

THE DOWNLOAD LINK
THE PLAYERS
RESULTS
MATCH PREPERATION

The chosen tactics

The Workload

The focus area

PITCH SIZE

SOUNDTRACK OF THE TACTIC

Last edited:
header442.png

CONTACTS

[email protected]

DOWNLOAD

Click for Download

In this thread, you will find a set of tactics, just like in my old threads for FM09 and FM10. You might argue that since the introduction of the Tactical Creator, these sets have become obsolete but as I am not finding the structure of Defensive, Counter, Balanced, Control good enough, I decided to make my own framework of these different strategies. As you see, these tactics have been made in the Classic Mode so shouts are disabled, along with the ability to see the players roles and crucial stats.

Why use this set then ?. Well, basically, its for users that likes the idea of being if charge, using micro management but feels that the wizard has too many options that are just not good enough. Its for people that whilst wanting to win every game feel that there is more to it then just plug & play but wanting some easy guidelines on how to do it. For people that have a decent knowledge how the match engine works and knows when to attack and when to defend but just don't fancy the Tactic Creator. In short, if you are truly great at reading the game and pay attention to every single detail, then this set is not for you as you wont need it but for those that likes the idea of using other peoples tactics and wanting to learn something on the way, not just plug & playing, then this is for you

Assumption 1

All versions must have a descriptive name and as this always leads to different definitions due to ones personal perspective, people will interpret the text beneath differently. There for, its important that you read the follow text a few times, load up the different tactics and read it once more

The Versions

As I stated earlier, I am not that keen on the structure of the preset Strategies in the Wizard. Basically, I feel that they are too many and that whilst the shouts are a great way to implement several tweaks by just one or two clicks, they are not helping me as ( for example) when I want to play wider, push up the team and get ball forward, I might still want to do this using the same passing game and the same tempo, only using more t-balls and more width etc. Naturally, using only 6 preset approaches is far more static then the TC, but its an approach that I feel more comfortable with. In this set, you will see that there is no Contain version, no defensive, no Balanced, no Control, no attack or no Overload. Instead, I have chosen to call the versions the following.

Defend
– something in between the normal Contain and Defend, but more aggressive
Cautious – Something in between Defend and Balanced
Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here we use it only as in the description
Standard – Something in between Balanced and Attack
Slow Breakdown – A version that I feel is lacking in the TC, a way to play cautious whilst playing ultra aggressive
Overloading Attack – A mixture between Attack and Overload

So you see, by using these versions, there are really only 2 starting options, at least when playing as a normal team. Either you go for a more cautious approach, using CAUTIOUS or you go for a more attacking one, using STANDARD. If being top of the league and outclassing the opponents in terms of quality, its possible that SLOW BREAKDOWN would be the best version to start all matches with, almost like today's Barcelona do. Don't expect this version to replicate the flow of that team though as its not the though at all. With this said, please read further on to see the full description of the different versions

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the RIGHT FC into the AMC, dragging the LEFT FC into the center positions. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

This is a more cautious approach towards a game. Don’t be fooled by the name and that its only the 2nd most attacking tactic in order of the set. Even if playing as a top team, this approach is a good one when being on the road. In real life, very few teams actually play attacking away from home. We play slow and narrow, using ,many players to hold on to the ball and we do launch quick counter attacks when the players feels those passing options are on

Counter

Warning: This version is more direct and when playing on the counter, you need to make sure that here is actually something to counter, space in the 3rd half to play the ball into. With the counter box ticked, the players will, unlike the Cautious version, launch these counter attacks more frequently and mots importantly, even though the opponent sits with many men behind the ball. Personally, I would never use this as a starting version only based on the assumption that the opponent will push up their fullbacks and threaten us form the start. Use incorrectly, we will see a big loss in possession and being hit on the counter ourselves. Used correctly, its much more deadly than the Cautious version

Standard

As there is no Attack version in this set, this one is the Standard approach when not wanting to play cautious. It will never be about possession but about the scoreline. If playing as Everton/Man U/Arsenal/Sunderland home to WBA, this would be my main starting version.

Slow Breakdown

More attacking than Standard ?. Hm, actually not but as the title suggests, it’s a more probing approach. Within almost the same cautious approach as the version cautious, we here push up the line of defence and hassle the opponent. We use more of the pitch width and play down the flanks to drag those deep sitting opponents apart

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now pushing up the MR/L into the AMR/L positions. Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

Playing flat 442 in perhaps one of the most difficult approaches there is in FM as it puts really high demands on you as a manager and on the players ability to both open up space for each other, move into that space as well as keeping the shape of the team when defending. Beneath you will find a short description of the players. Notice that I have left out Determination and Decision amongst the important stats as its so obvious that its needed in every player in the team

With this said, using this 442 set with lowr league teams might be too difficult. NOt only because the players will have to be of some standard but also because when using the incorrect version, it will be harder to spot if its down to you as a manager or if its just the players being ****

Goalkeeper:
Common sense applies

Central Defenders
Attacking Keys: Passing
Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Strength, Concentration, Jumping, Heading
Here, we use a sort of limited stoppers. As always, its better to have the best defenders in the world and not **** players so again, common sense here boys. These players are on tight zonal marking and even though we don’t play with a high d-line in most versions, pace and anticipation is crucial when up against those ME exploiting pacey attackers with flair

Fullbacks
Attacking Keys:Crossing, Passing,
Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Stamina, Concentration Pace
Same here really. Common sense. One thing that one do need to look out for are the players with really attacking ppms. Although this brings another dimension to the attack, they get caught out of position too often.

Central Mid – RIGHT
Attacking Keys:First Touch, Technique,, Pace, Passing, Off the ball
Defensive Keys: Anticipation, Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Concentration
A mixture between your Box to Box midfielder, Hardworking Ball winner and a Elegant AMC. Can you have a player like this in the CCC1 ?. Well, **** no. What I am saying is that amongst your MC´s, the player with the better attacking stats and more adventurous ppms should be played here. If he is strong to and knows how to break up attacks, then its just great

Central Mid – LEFT

Attacking Keys:Creativity, Technique, Passing, Composure
Defensive Keys: Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Strength
Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. Again, just like in the role above, this is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but again, here, we play the ones that stays behind, breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game

MR/L
Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing
Defensive Keys:
In a 442, its important that you have balance in the squad. Wingers playing in MR/L should not only be able to beat their man, dribble and get inside that area but also defend, breaking up attacks and cutting angels. If playing with middle teams, you are highly unlikely to sign this perfect player and if playing with that top notch team, its not certain that they need to be able to defend but I think that you get my point anyway. These players, should be able to get into a good attacking position by using their movement. Even though they don't cross that often, its important that they know how to. As always in this game, pace, acceleration and flair means ever so much. Fetidness ?. It does not matter actually although I prefer left on left and right on right.

Forward RIGHT
Attacking Keys:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Concentration
Defensive Keys:None really
The pacey poacher. Quick, agile and with a goal for an eye. This player often starts from deep and its good if he has attacking movement ppms. Just make sure he doesn't like to take first time shorts or shot from distance.

Forward LEFT
Attacking Keys:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength
Defensive Keys: none
Aha.. here we have my favourite, The complete linkman. He roam around the pitch from deep. He hold onto the ball and whilst his passing game is set to direct, he still makes those easy passes when linking up with play, before getting inside the area. This player needs his pace. Players like Beckford at Everton is a monster here and I just cant imagine how good R.V.Persie would be. Just notice that when using a single FC formation, its crucial that this players one of the best of the team. After all, you using just one FC and if he cant score, link up with play, then it’s all over. As always, its all about having balance in the team and making sure that all areas have more strength then flaws

Set Pieces

I actually used a downloaded tactic when making these ones, using it as a clean sheet so the set pieces are from that one. Defensively they seem really good and we score our fair share on the attacking, mostly from free kicks but also some from corners( mostly against poor teams though). Feel free to change them to something better or worse

Match Preparation

The match preparation is divided into 3 different areas

The 3 chosen tactics for the team to learn
- I would either use the 3 versions I am most likely to use. If going to use them all, then load up Cautious, Standard and Attacking Overload. This way, the team Will gets the best fluidity with the tempo, width, passing, mentality, press, etc that is used in all 6 versions

The Workload

The focus area

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this set so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using the more attacking versions. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game, playing as Everton home to Aston Villa, i see that they have scored 6 goals from corners in just 7 matches so here, I might go for focusing extra on Defensing set pieces, just like I might go for attacking set pieces away against a team where I see this as a chance to ****** the 3 points late in the game, playing cautious throughout the game

Other Information

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a **** team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team. Team talks, and opposition instructions are also things that cant be recommended as it would depend heavily on the situation

Last edited:
headergrandedwide.png

DOWNLOAD

Click for Download

CONTACTS

[email protected]

In this thread, you will find a set of tactics, just like in my old threads for FM09 and FM10. You might argue that since the introduction of the Tactical Creator, these sets have become obsolete but as I am not finding the structure of Defensive, Counter, Balanced, Control good enough, I decided to make my own framework of these different strategies. As you see, these tactics have been made in the Classic Mode so shouts are disabled, along with the ability to see the players roles and crucial stats.

Why use this set then ?. Well, basically, its for users that likes the idea of being if charge, using micro management but feels that the wizard has too many options that are just not good enough. Its for people that whilst wanting to win every game feel that there is more to it then just plug & play but wanting some easy guidelines on how to do it. For people that have a decent knowledge how the match engine works and knows when to attack and when to defend but just don't fancy the Tactic Creator. In short, if you are truly great at reading the game and pay attention to every single detail, then this set is not for you as you wont need it but for those that likes the idea of using other peoples tactics and wanting to learn something on the way, not just plug & playing, then this is for you

Assumptions

All versions must have a descriptive name and as this always leads to different definitions due to ones personal perspective, people will interpret the text beneath differently. There for, its important that you read the follow text a few times, load up the different tactics and read it once more

The Versions

As I stated earlier, I am not that keen on the structure of the preset Strategies in the Wizard. Basically, I feel that they are too many and that whilst the shouts are a great way to implement several tweaks by just one or two clicks, they are not helping me as ( for example) when I want to play wider, push up the team and get ball forward, I might still want to do this using the same passing game and the same tempo, only using more t-balls and more width etc. Naturally, using only 6 preset approaches is far more static then the TC, but its an approach that I feel more comfortable with. In this set, you will see that there is no Contain version, no defensive, no Balanced, no Control, no attack or no Overload. Instead, I have chosen to call the versions the following.

Defend – something in between the normal Contain and Defend, but more aggressive
Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here we use it only as in the description
Slow Breakdown – A version that I feel is lacking in the TC, a way to play cautious whilst playing ultra aggressive

So you see, by using these versions, there are really only 2 starting options, at least when playing as a normal team. Either you go for a more cautious approach, using CAUTIOUS or you go for a more attacking one, using STANDARD. If being top of the league and outclassing the opponents in terms of quality, its possible that SLOW BREAKDOWN would be the best version to start all matches with, almost like today's Barcelona do. Don't expect this version to replicate the flow of that team though as its not the though at all. With this said, please read further on to see the full description of the different versions

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the AMR/L into the MR/L positions. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

This is a more cautious approach towards a game. Don’t be fooled by the name and that its only the 2nd most attacking tactic in order of the set. Even if playing as a top team, this approach is a good one when being on the road. In real life, very few teams actually play attacking away from home. We play slow and narrow, using ,many players to hold on to the ball and we do launch quick counter attacks when the players feels those passing options are on

Counter

Warning: This version is more direct and when playing on the counter, you need to make sure that here is actually something to counter, space in the 3rd half to play the ball into. With the counter box ticked, the players will, unlike the Cautious version, launch these counter attacks more frequently and mots importantly, even though the opponent sits with many men behind the ball. Personally, I would never use this as a starting version only based on the assumption that the opponent will push up their fullbacks and threaten us form the start. Use incorrectly, we will see a big loss in possession and being hit on the counter ourselves. Used correctly, its much more deadly than the Cautious version

Standard

As there is no Attack version in this set, this one is the Standard approach when not wanting to play cautious. It will never be about possession but about the scoreline. If playing as Everton/Man U/Arsenal/Sunderland home to WBA, this would be my main starting version.

Slow Breakdown

More attacking than Standard ?. Hm, actually not but as the title suggests, it’s a more probing approach. Within almost the same cautious approach as the version cautious, we here push up the line of defence and hassle the opponent. We use more of the pitch width and play down the flanks to drag those deep sitting opponents apart

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now puhsing up the AMR/L into the FR/L positions Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

Goalkeeper:

Common sense applies

Central Defenders
Here, we use a sort of limited stoppers. As always, its better to have the best defenders in the world and not **** players so again, common sense here boys. These players are on tight zonal marking and even though we don’t play with a high d-line in most versions, pace and anticipation is crucial when up against those ME exploiting pacey attackers with flair
Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Strength, Concentration, Jumping, Heading

Fullbacks
Same here really. Common sense. One thing that one do need to look out for are the players with really attacking ppms. Although this brings another dimension to the attack, they get caught out of position too often.
Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Stamina, Concentration Pace

Defensive Midfielder
Here, I use an anchorman. He is on Loose zonal and his job is to stay central and cut angels rather than to chase players a cross the field. I like this player to be bale to get in a good defensive position, be able to read the game and break up attacks. If you have a slow and has the looks rather then the brain, you might suffer. Work rate, determination, anticipation along with some physic and you are good to go
Attacking Keys:Passing

Central Mid – RIGHT
A mixture between your Box to Box midfielder, Hardworking Ball winner and a Elegant AMC. Can you have a player like this in the CCC1 ?. Well, **** no. What I am saying is that amongst your MC´s, the player with the better attacking stats and more adventurous ppms should be played here. If he is strong to and knows how to break up attacks, then its just great
Attacking Keys:First Touch, Technique,, Pace, Passing, Off the ball

Central Mid – LEFT
Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. Again, just like in the role above, this is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but again, here, we play the ones that stays behind, breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game

Wingers
Hm… left foot on right or left on left. Well, in this tactic, it does not matter. If you have a great heading monster in the Forward position, well , then perhaps some crosses are in order, just like its better to have In Cutting wingers ( by ppms) if all the opposition players with a really, really deep d-line and no DMCs, all the mids pushing up.

Just remember that in some cases, players( left on right) with the cut inside ppms are too selfish (low team work) and then, they will go straight at goal at all times, even if having a really poor angel and good passing options is on.

The wingers are setup to dribble and beat their man. They rarely cross but as this is to be seen as a tendency rather then big no no, they will still make that cross when the options is there, preferably to the far post where the winger on the other flank has, by using his skill or ppm, moved towards.
Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing
Defensive Keys: None really

Forward
Aha.. here we have my favourite, The complete linkman. He roam around the pitch from deep. He hold onto the ball and whilst his passing game is set to direct, he still makes those easy passes when linking up with play, before getting inside the area. This player needs his pace. Players like Beckford at Everton is a monster here and I just cant imagine how good R.V.Persie would be. Just notice that when using a single FC formation, its crucial that this players one of the best of the team. After all, you using just one FC and if he cant score, link up with play, then it’s all over. As always, its all about having balance in the team and making sure that all areas have more strength then flaws
Attacking Keys:Of the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Strength

Set Pieces

I actually used a downloaded tactic when making these ones, using it as a clean sheet so the set pieces are from that one. Defensively they seem really good and we score our fair share on the attacking, mostly from free kicks but also some from corners( mostly against poor teams though). Feel free to change them to something better or worse

Match Preparation

- I would either use the 3 versions I am most likely to use. If going to use them all, then load up Cautious, Standard and Attacking Overload. This way, the team Will gets the best fluidity with the tempo, width, passing, mentality, press, etc that is used in all 6 versions

The Workload

The focus area

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this set so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using the more attacking versions. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game, playing as Everton home to Aston Villa, i see that they have scored 6 goals from corners in just 7 matches so here, I might go for focusing extra on Defensing set pieces, just like I might go for attacking set pieces away against a team where I see this as a chance to ****** the 3 points late in the game, playing cautious throughout the game

Other Information

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a **** team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team. Team talks, and opposition instructions are also things that cant be recommended as it would depend heavily on the situation

Results

I will not upload any fantastic screens of my success as it would be irrelevant. Incorrectly used, this set will see you under perform and correctly used, you will achieve your goals as long as they actually are in reach and not based on an illusion ;DTeams that have been used in testing are: Milan, Genoa,, AIK ( SWE), MFF(SWE) and Blackburn. Currently I am enjoying a save with Everton 2011/12 update and will keep you posted with some results

Last edited:
header4231.png

CONTACTS

[email protected]

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Click for Download

Assumption 1

The Versions

Defend
– something in between the normal Contain and Defend, but more aggressive
Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here I use it only as in the description

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the Wingers back to MR/L. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

Counter

Standard

Slow Breakdown

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now puhsing up the MR/L into the AMR/L positions and pull back the AMC into MCc. Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

When using a formation without a DMC, it is important that the central midfielders can play the part and defend at the same level as your ambition.Whilst these players need to be good defensivly, its equally important that at least one of the starting MCs have some creative blood running through his veins. If not, then you will probably struggle breaking down those defensive and deep sitting teams
Notice that I have left out Determination and Decision amongst the important stats as its so obvious that its needed in every player in the team

Goalkeeper:

Common sense applies

Central Defenders

Fullbacks

Central Mid – RIGHT
Here we have a more hardworking MC, a mixtire between a ballwinner and a central mid on support. He needs to be able to take a good defenisve position as well as make a easy pass after had hold on to the ball to slow things down
Attacking Keys:First Touch, Technique, Passing, Off the ball
Defensive Keys: Anticipation, Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Concentration,

Central Mid – LEFT

Wingers
Hm… left foot on right or left on left. Well, in this tactic, its better to have players that moves into channels and/or huges the line, runs down X-flank with ball as the space inside is already taken by the AMC and the FC. In some acses, the wingers will still cut inside and off the ball, they will often seek the space near their post to meet up with a cross or a low t-ball
The wingers are setup to dribble and beat their man. They rarely cross but as this is to be seen as a tendency rather then big no no, they will still make that cross when the options is there, preferably to the far post where the winger on the other flank has, by using his skill or ppm, moved towards.
Defensive Keys: None really

Attacking Midfielder
Here, I would play the typicall MC/AMC rather then a AMC/FC. Mostly because I want a player that likes to make a t-ball instead of going for goal but also because we already have 3 players in more advanced positionsthat should provide good passing options
Attacking Keys: Off the ball, Acceleration, Dribbling, Creativity, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing, Composure
Defensive Keys: Tackling

Forward
3 words: One Quick Poacher. Actually, that is all it takes, One quick poacher. What is a poacher then ?. Well, he needs to be able to read the game, have the ability to move into free space and put the ball away. How quick does he have to be ?. Well, as long as he is smart, he doen not need more than 14 in that stat. If this player is even more complete, then its even better
Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Agility, Dribbling

Set Pieces

Match Preparation

The Workload

The focus area

Other Information

Results

In betatesting, teams like Chelsea, Bologna, Juventus, Gefle(SWE) have been used. When testing it withthe final product, I have used Hoffenheim( meda prediction of 8th) and Swindon ( media pred of 7th)

Last edited:
Hey TBH, I am currently studying for an exam on Monday morning so I have not touched FM12 but cannot wait to give this tactic a go, which I will do on Monday after I hopefully pass :D

I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into these tactics!

Cheers
Shiraz

Hey TBH, I am currently studying for an exam on Monday morning so I have not touched FM12 but cannot wait to give this tactic a go, which I will do on Monday after I hopefully pass :D

I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into these tactics!

Cheers
Shiraz

Looking forward to some feedback.I am currently testing out a narrow Diamond with godd results using Burnley. If things go well using another team ( aston villa) I will upload that one to

Hi TheBetterHalf

I have never test one of yours tactics, but when I saw your post concerning your asymetrical tactic, I was interested, and I feel that is one can be use with my favorite, Lille OSC in French Ligue 1. Normally, Lille play a 4-5-1, but with the asymetrical configuration, the Lille's squad offers many opportunities.

I'm currently playing with your tactic, and in 3 league games, I had 3 victory, versus average teams. 11 goals scored, 2 conceeded (they were conceeded in the same match).

I like how my team play. I don't have the possession of the ball, but I see very nice gaming action, even if the tactic is not learned at 100%.

I will continue to use your tactic. But for now, It works for me.

Sorry for english, and thanks for sharing tactics !

I'm currently playing with your tactic, and in 3 league games, I had 3 victory, versus average teams. 11 goals scored, 2 conceeded (they were conceeded in the same match).

I like how my team play. I don't have the possession of the ball, but I see very nice gaming action, even if the tactic is not learned at 100%.

Sounds like a good start. Dont hesitate to upload any screenshots

Cheers !

Before I start a save, do you have any team that you would like this to be tested with? (Any team is their nations top division.)