The Boxing thread

Ah right! haha

Mitchell was just ahead for me but his face was a mess after that!! It just seems in the big fights Kevin Mitchell just cannot take punches (nothing wrong with that, he is against classy opponents)

Burns, Katsidis and now Linares
Harsh tbh. He was ahead on all the cards and only stopped because of the eye not the power of Linares.

Ah right! haha

Mitchell was just ahead for me but his face was a mess after that!! It just seems in the big fights Kevin Mitchell just cannot take punches (nothing wrong with that, he is against classy opponents)

Burns, Katsidis and now Linares

Should've gone with my gut and done Linares KO gutted oh well onto AJ one I been waiting for.

Harsh tbh. He was ahead on all the cards and only stopped because of the eye not the power of Linares.

Mitchell was all over the place - the fight was not lasting much longer... Both eyes and his nose cut including an incredible swelling

It's not a huge criticism, he is fighting at world level, but three world title fights and three lost by KO/TKO

One was a draw mate, probs the Venezuelan card, but with a knockdown in that round and 2 rounds to go Linares would have had enough to come back and win on points

Mitchell was all over the place - the fight was not lasting much longer... Both eyes and his nose cut including an incredible swelling

It's not a huge criticism, he is fighting at world level, but three world title fights and three lost by KO/TKO
I think he would of still snook it on points. If not for the left eye imo.

That's hard to see considering the knockdown would have almost levelled the fight and Mitchell was struggling (understandably with an eye and cuts like that)

I would have loved that to happen, just couldn't see it with the way it ended

Yeah but wasn't the cuts confirmed as from punches and not head clash? If so thats like saying man city would have won the league if they didn't lose the games they lost

Still not impressed with Linares tbh the 5-6 fights ive seen of him. Class fighter with a lot of holes.

Still not impressed with Linares tbh the 5-6 fights ive seen of him. Class fighter with a lot of holes.

Certainly... It's a strange one because you can see he is a world class fighter, but then there seems to be a few flaws at the same time!

Tbf to mitchell that booming shot he took that caused the big swelling surprised he didn't go down showed a lot of heart feel sorry for him not sure where he goes from here. I quite liked some of Linares work however he was accurate might see Hearn push for a rematch but if not dpnt see Linares being a champ too long set Luke Campbell on him plwase Eddie ;)

Tbf to mitchell that booming shot he took that caused the big swelling surprised he didn't go down showed a lot of heart feel sorry for him not sure where he goes from here. I quite liked some of Linares work however he was accurate might see Hearn push for a rematch but if not dpnt see Linares being a champ too long set Luke Campbell on him plwase Eddie ;)

Burns - Mitchell II probably

Now that is a statement... Kevin Johnson is not a world beater, but that is something even the likes of Vitali Klitschko or Tyson Fury couldn't achieve