The Boxing thread

Why not! Good to see its an official eliminator as well, which makes the fight at least worthwhile for Luke Campbell

In other news, AJ now ranked number 2 with the WBC... How on earth has that happened? haha

Yeah it's good for the fight, asif AJ is No 2 that's ridiculous, they must want him and wilder to fight or something

What an experience that was, if you ever get the chance to go to a boxing press conference go it is a great experience.

also eddie Hearn confirmed the plan is for the winner to have 1 more fight then fight back in hull in the sring for the world title belt which is awesome for the city! Mark my words it will be mental scenes whoever fights for the belt. Coyle came off the better in the verbal exchanges and I am even more excited now! Defo buying tickets on Saturday Hearns reckons the fighters have sold 8k already!

What an experience that was, if you ever get the chance to go to a boxing press conference go it is a great experience.

also eddie Hearn confirmed the plan is for the winner to have 1 more fight then fight back in hull in the sring for the world title belt which is awesome for the city! Mark my words it will be mental scenes whoever fights for the belt. Coyle came off the better in the verbal exchanges and I am even more excited now! Defo buying tickets on Saturday Hearns reckons the fighters have sold 8k already!

Just bought my Campbell/Coyle tickets cannot wait!

I just cant get excited for this fight.. Campbell will be a different level In my opinion

Jones/Rose will be fight of the night I reckon

I just cant get excited for this fight.. Campbell will be a different level In my opinion

Jones/Rose will be fight of the night I reckon

Campbell wins every day of the week and twice on a Sunday, inside 6/7 rounds IMO. The card isn't that brilliant either but it just means a lot to the city. But the atmosphere will be electric, I keep saying it but the first time round at craven park the atmosphere was better than any football match I have ever been too. I also I know both men and from Hull so I am gunna be hyped.

Jones/rose could be fight of the night but depends who Ricky burns fights too he looked something near his best last time out or at least over his broken jaw and he cannot afford to hang around no more. But yeah I can see why joe public wouldn't be up for it, Hearn just sees the pound signs in matching these two together.

Broner vs porter and ward vs smith are on the early hours, won't be watching what do people think? ******* hate Broner with an absolute passion he thinks he is something he isn't hope porter dismantles him but think it will be porter points. Ward has been out a long time and it has come out that smith is 4 pounds over the weight limit too. Ward been out a long time but will have too much think wide points win on that one too. Been looking at doing the bet pays 6.47/1 on bet fair for both on points think I will be having some of that!

Also I've just been checking out the prices for ward,

ward to to win the fight outright - 1/66
warrd to win by decision - 8/5
ward to win by KO -1/2

surely you you would just back both outcomes rather than bet on ward outright?

Broner vs porter and ward vs smith are on the early hours, won't be watching what do people think? ******* hate Broner with an absolute passion he thinks he is something he isn't hope porter dismantles him but think it will be porter points. Ward has been out a long time and it has come out that smith is 4 pounds over the weight limit too. Ward been out a long time but will have too much think wide points win on that one too. Been looking at doing the bet pays 6.47/1 on bet fair for both on points think I will be having some of that!
Same on Broner what a ******! Think the Smith fight could be a lot closer than some think. I know Ward is million miles better than Smith! But I think the length out the ring and the fact Wards not a massive puncher, could make it a narrow points win to Ward. With Ward not being at his best.

Same on Broner what a ******! Think the Smith fight could be a lot closer than some think. I know Ward is million miles better than Smith! But I think the length out the ring and the fact Wards not a massive puncher, could make it a narrow points win to Ward. With Ward not being at his best.

Yeah somewhat agree, ward being out for 2 years is bound to have an effect. I think he will just do what he always does and just outbox him, but could potentially be close on the cards. Can't see smith getting KO especially when Froch couldn't, still remember that fight stayed up all night to watch it I was mesmerised by how good Ward was and how he wore Froch down even though Froch did come back into it in the end. It's a shame that politics have forced him out of the ring for two years because he truly is for me one of the pound for pound best in the world.

2 embarrassing Fights last week! Glad Broner lost! Murray was good tonight. Bellew has been disappointing imo.

Great boxing tomorrow! Really cannot wait!

hope Crolla wins, think Quigg will stop Martinez late on and then we get the added bonus of Abraham vs Stieglitz also.

done 2 bets both 10 quid a piece

eggington, Crolla Abraham and Quigg all just to win outright pays 9s

then

quigg KO Crolla points and Abraham to win pays 17s so hopefully wil be a profitable night haha

Eggington looked good in that fight, dunno if he has the talent to go all the way to the top in a stacked welterweight division but has potential for sure.

Also first leg of the bet in!!!

Get in called it with Quigg Martinez isn't all that and Frampton just been wobbled too and knocked down. Quigg is mega underated and tell you what I can see him beating Frampton!!

Also second leg is in called the KO! Long way to go though still need abraham and crolla

One of THE worst decisions I have ever seen in a boxing match, fair enough it was close but Perez was deducted 2 points, Crolla was absolutely robbed. Speaking of being robbed I cashed my big bet out for 140in round ten and my smaller bet out in round 11 for 90, ******* robbed them bookie bastards of 230 quid. Once the second point got took off I thought I had made the wrong decision as I could have had another 50 odd quid out of the bet but bottling it and cashing out paid off. Hopefully Crolla gets a rematch but I think Perez will be better prepared have to see what happens

Cant wait for tonights fight. Luke Campbell just to good imo. Going for 5/6th round stoppage.