The Boxing thread

Very impressed with Luke Campbell last night. Just oozed class, despite Coyle trying the ruff house tactics and pressure game. I agree with the fellars on TV he should do it the traditional route British,Comenwealth,European then world domination :) Danny Rose fight was pure class. Not the way I would have advised him to go about it, but he wanted a tare up and boy was it. Burns fight was an imbaressment in the way it finished.

Very impressed with Luke Campbell last night. Just oozed class, despite Coyle trying the ruff house tactics and pressure game. I agree with the fellars on TV he should do it the traditional route British,Comenwealth,European then world domination :) Danny Rose fight was pure class. Not the way I would have advised him to go about it, but he wanted a tare up and boy was it. Burns fight was an imbaressment in the way it finished.

The traditional way is overrated when you're as good as Luke Campbell is.

Look at Vasyl Lomachenko - lost narrowly in his first fight for a world title and won his second.. Luke Campbell is that good you could put him in with someone like Jorge Linares in his next fight and he could potentially win a world title

The traditional way is overrated when you're as good as Luke Campbell is.

Look at Vasyl Lomachenko - lost narrowly in his first fight for a world title and won his second.. Luke Campbell is that good you could put him in with someone like Jorge Linares in his next fight and he could potentially win a world title
Oh yeah no doubt and I totally agree. But I still think he needs at least 2-3 more fights. Was a few minor things noticed he could work on, theres no rush.

Anyone got any thoughts on the Tyson Fury fight?

He's talking a lot, as usual!

So Mayweather has retired, joke of a fight was a glorified spar. The best ever not a ****** chance, think people are bored of him, he is a purists fighter and i do appreciate his style. But he hand picks opponents and has become a bit of joke, and for me personally has ruined his legacy a bit, not that he cares. Not fit to lace Ali's gloves among others, top class fighter but not even in my top 5 at all.

Anyone got any thoughts on the Tyson Fury fight?

He's talking a lot, as usual!

Like Fury a lot really hope he wins, interesting fight because of his size but my head says Wlad wins on points clearly

I've had a complete change of heart on Fury and have began to quite like him - But for a heavyweight he seems to lack power and against Wlad I'm not sure how he beats him

I've had a complete change of heart on Fury and have began to quite like him - But for a heavyweight he seems to lack power and against Wlad I'm not sure how he beats him

Yeah i agree, I lime him alot but i just cannot see how he beats him at all. He will have to take Wlad places he doesn't like to go but firstly not sure if Fury has it in him to do it and secondly Wlad is too smart for all that. Will see i am defo ordering it tho.

Fury, dressed as Batman, just wrestled somebody dressed as the Joker to the floor at the press conference.....

Frampton-Quigg announced!

I honestly can't wait for this one.. It may be controversial, but I have Quigg by stoppage. Naturally bigger man and Frampton's last fight has shown he can be caught being down twice in the first against a relatively weak opponent at that level

I would've said Frampton all day until the last time they both fought, Quigg destroying Kiko and not sure exactly what Frampton was doing in the US? I think it was the gap in those performances that brought Frampton's team down to earth a bit and made this fight a reality.

What do you guys think about Pacqiuao and Khan? A lot of talk about the fight being very close to being made.

You lads watch Smith v Fielding on Saturday? Smith is definitely going places, guy is brilliant. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes on to a be super star at super middleweight. Can't see anyone in Britain stopping him really, DeGale would be a great fight.

Lets be fair Smith although is looking great has not really fought anyone of any stature barring maybe Rebrasse, even Fielding was unproven. He looks to have the tools but I will wait till he fights a true world class fighter before I can say something like cannot see anyone in Britain stopping him.

As for him vs Degale bit early for that Degale would beat him hands down, Chunky is only recently starting to get the credit after rebuilding his career. He is an awkward southpaw for anyone to fight and lets be fair Smith is still learning, I think maybe one of the Dirrell brothers would be good for him to measure where he is at on the world scene but knowing Hearn he will protect his shot at the title.

As for Frampton and Quigg been telling anyone who will Listen that Quigg will win for about a year, and given their last fights t has only convinced me more. Quigg is the outsider at 6/4 so closer to fight night I will be sticking my money on Quigg KO!

Good boxing tonight and I am at work to say I am upset is an understatement, but here is how I see it going.

Perez vs Crolla

I actually think Perez seriously underestimated Crolla last time out and got away with one. Tbf Crolla did look magnificent and won easily for me but Perez did show in spurts that he is a classy fighter I thought. I think it will be a much different proposition this time round, I think Crolla will need to do what he did last time and be a pressure fighter and not let Perez breathe he will have to leave it all in the ring, but honestly I think the last fight will have given Perez a wake up call and think he will come through on points.

Murray vs Abraham

I actually thought that this was a good path for Murray to take, Abraham look to be becoming a spent force after the Smith fights imo, he did look better in the second fight of course but Paul Smith is nowhere near world class level if we are being honest. But in his last fight Abraham looked decent again when he knocked out Stieglitz and tbf he absolutely battered him knocked him down 3-4 times I think.
Murray though is a different class he took GGG nearly all the way with that courageous performance in Monaco and looks good at the weight after moving up. I did fancy Murray to get this but he is going to have to put Abraham on the canvas which is no easy task at all. My heart is ruling this one and I am going to say Murray on points head says Abraham but we will find out. Cannot watch either as I am working so I am a little upset. At least I can watch Fury/Klitchsko next week!

Also forgot to mention the little matter of Alvarez and Cotto, winner looks like they could be fighting GGG, this will be a scrap, an absolute scrap. I am expecting it to be a possible fight of the year candidate. Both can Bang, both have good chins. If you are up at 3am make sure you look for a stream!

Well just seen the results, happy I got Crolla wrong another British World Champion to add to our growing, and IMO next year it will only grow more too!

Gutted for Murray, from the report I read did himself proud, got to wonder what he does from here though, no shame in losing on a split decision in Germany though, will need to see the fight before I can scrutinise the scores though. Hopefully I can tomorrow.