The Boxing thread

Andrade was a different class, Prodnikov was really dissapionting always struggles against slick boxers, thought result was right imo

I didn't see provodnikov tbh was shattered so went to bed but I was surprised when I saw the result I'll try and catch it later

I didn't see provodnikov tbh was shattered so went to bed but I was surprised when I saw the result I'll try and catch it later
Won the 1st round but after that was poor! 1 of the judges score cards was the worst ever. Defo worth a watch tho.

Rose completely outclassed, Provodnikov predictable and struggles against slick boxers. Never seen Algeiri fight before but was impressed

Just got in from work missed all the fights gutted missed callum smith, still get to see Cleverley, Bellew and joshua though

What an absolute cracking night of boxing tonight if you can stay up!

Heres my predictions

wilder will win inside 3 but could be the first!
campbell points
smith 2nd round
bika vs dirrell I am expecting dirrell to win

and then it's the big one Porter vs Brook!

this will be special I truly believe that Brook is going to come of age tonight and beat Porter, don't get me wrong Porter is a strong guy and is a true brawler a real throwback if you want. But he is not so one dimensional but he will come forward and try and take Brooks head off he is a real pressure fighter and will be on him from the first bell, but of the two Brook is far better technically and it is Brooks technique and boxing ability which will see him through IMO. I still believe there is more to come from Brook he has not really fought anyone of real note or at world level if you like but he would have easily beaten Alexander who couldn't even KO lee purdy who struggled with the weight (always has). Also as much as I love Malignaggi he is a really likeable guy and always gives great analysis he was past it when he fought Porter and it showed so I think you can level it at porter also that he hasn't fought anyone of real note. I'm gunna go Brook late KO or points but he will not get no favours in America and also if he turns up with the attitude he did in the first Carson Jones fight Porter wins easy but I am sure he won't!

its a great night of boxing tonight just a shame it's early hours but I've got me red bulls stocked and at around 0430 we will have a new British world champ!

The lightweight scrap was brilliant had everything, Bika vs Dirrell was an awful fight ref totally ruined.

here comes the big one I'm nervous so god knows how Brook feels!

**** me he did I'll be honest I was worried thought he had thrown it away in the early rounds god knows how one judge scored it 117-111 to brook but we have a new world champ. Porter was relentless but he just punched himself out brook did a lot of nice work in the later rounds. Real happy has shown he belongs at world!

What a night! fantastic stuff from Brook

Got to be honest when the two American judges scorecards were read out i was adamant it was Porter. Amazed he won it that wide fighting in America!

Brook v Khan potentially now as well, cannot wait!

What a night! fantastic stuff from Brook

Got to be honest when the two American judges scorecards were read out i was adamant it was Porter. Amazed he won it that wide fighting in America!

Brook v Khan potentially now as well, cannot wait!

Derry Matthews reckons it's Brook vs Purdy then Brook Vs Khan not sure about that myself Brook would walk through Purdy anyways but I think Khan vs Brook would be special and nit sure I can call it

Missed the boxing last night due to being to hammered to remember it was on :p Good job I put it on record earlier in the day. Glad Kell Brook and Campbell won. Will be good fight with Khan when it happens. Will watch tonight after Super Sunday :)

Derry Matthews reckons it's Brook vs Purdy then Brook Vs Khan not sure about that myself Brook would walk through Purdy anyways but I think Khan vs Brook would be special and nit sure I can call it

Pointless putting Purdy in their with Brook - cant see it personally...

For me, Khan still has a far better CV of fights. Better quality of fights, bigger fights and more experienced. Still think Khan's movement and speed wins him the fight and he also looks a lot more comfortable at the weight now

Pointless putting Purdy in their with Brook - cant see it personally...

For me, Khan still has a far better CV of fights. Better quality of fights, bigger fights and more experienced. Still think Khan's movement and speed wins him the fight and he also looks a lot more comfortable at the weight now

yeah Khan is looking comfortable at the weight, I'm not sure who the mandatory will be so Brook might fight the mandatory get it out the way think it might be Bundu think he should have one more fight before he fights Khan. I think their styles are made for a cracking fight personally.

Was really surprised at how wild Porter was and I think that's what cost him he was maybe throwing ten punches and maybe connecting with one meaningful punch I knew he was a pressure fighter but was too wild for me you only have to compare how each fighter dealt with their respective cuts to see who was being more accurate. Did you see the lightweight fight on first that was a decent fight?

yeah Khan is looking comfortable at the weight, I'm not sure who the mandatory will be so Brook might fight the mandatory get it out the way think it might be Bundu think he should have one more fight before he fights Khan. I think their styles are made for a cracking fight personally.

Was really surprised at how wild Porter was and I think that's what cost him he was maybe throwing ten punches and maybe connecting with one meaningful punch I knew he was a pressure fighter but was too wild for me you only have to compare how each fighter dealt with their respective cuts to see who was being more accurate. Did you see the lightweight fight on first that was a decent fight?

Yeah - Bundu would be an interesting contest. He has been pretty impressive whenever i have seen him. Porter surprised me too. Reminded me of the recent Provodnikov and Algieri where work rate was out done by cleaner work

Not seen it, got it on record so may take a look!

Yeah - Bundu would be an interesting contest. He has been pretty impressive whenever i have seen him. Porter surprised me too. Reminded me of the recent Provodnikov and Algieri where work rate was out done by cleaner work

Not seen it, got it on record so may take a look!

Defo worth a look mate, Bika/dirrell was really poor but the lightweight match was a cracking little fight two fighters I knew little about but the winner made a big impression

Gutted I'm missing the boxing tonight but one of the few good things about being from Hull is I have got tickets for the Coyle/Katsidis Campbell/Brizuela show at Hull Arena in a few weeks. Noises being made about them two fighting each other next year not sure how I feel about that as I know both guys and share friends with both. So nearly nearly booked to go to Germany to see Smith fight Abraham but decided against it hope he does it though.

Anyone see the Nelson speak about Huck too I actually kinda hope it happens!!!

**** just seen the Crolla fight. Ended in a technical draw, gutted for him blown his chance for a world title fight next!