The Bundesliga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small bump, had all but forgotten about the relegation playoffs, just checked the results - amazing. Mönchengladbach stay up. They looked certain to go down by mid season.

who went down? :)

Some transfers so far:

Fährmann (Eintracht Frankfurt/No contract for second league => Schalke)
Neuer (Schalke => Bayern)
Rafinha (Genoa => Bayern)
Ochs (Frankfurt => Wolfsburg)
Lakic (Kaiserslautern => Wolfsburg)
Schürrle (Mainz => Leverkusen)
Ekici (Bayern => Bremen)

All transfers here: Bundesliga - Die offizielle Webseite

There are rumours saying Schalke is interested in signing Lehmann as backup for Ralf Fährmann.

Some transfers so far:

Fährmann (Eintracht Frankfurt/No contract for second league => Schalke)
Neuer (Schalke => Bayern)
Rafinha (Genoa => Bayern)
Ochs (Frankfurt => Wolfsburg)
Lakic (Kaiserslautern => Wolfsburg)
Schürrle (Mainz => Leverkusen)
Ekici (Bayern => Bremen)

All transfers here: Bundesliga - Die offizielle Webseite

There are rumours saying Schalke is interested in signing Lehmann as backup for Ralf Fährmann.

Yeah, huge rumours, and appearing all over the media that Lehmann won't go back to retirement immediately. They say he is to join Schalke and end his career here :D the same club where he started

Joshua King has singed for Mönchengladbach on loan. Would be keeping an eye on Gladbach matches now..

Schalke 04 have completed the signing of another new player: Christian Fuchs joins the Royal Blues from FSV Mainz 05. The Austria captain has been awarded a four-year contract with the German Cup winners up to 30 June 2015.

http://www.schalke04.com/news/single-view/artikel/christian-fuchs-agrees-four-year-deal.html

---------- Post added 08/06/2011 at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 07/06/2011 at 03:29 PM ----------

Marco Höger joins Schalke 04 from Alemania Aachen. The talented midfielder (born on 16th September 1989) has been awarded a three-year contract up to 30 June 2014. :)

Marco Höger wechselt zum FC Schalke 04: FC Schalke 04

Schalke 04 have completed the signing of another new player: Christian Fuchs joins the Royal Blues from FSV Mainz 05. The Austria captain has been awarded a four-year contract with the German Cup winners up to 30 June 2015.

Christian Fuchs agrees four-year deal: FC Schalke 04

---------- Post added 08/06/2011 at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 07/06/2011 at 03:29 PM ----------

Marco Höger joins Schalke 04 from Alemania Aachen. The talented midfielder (born on 16th September 1989) has been awarded a three-year contract up to 30 June 2014. :)

Marco Höger wechselt zum FC Schalke 04: FC Schalke 04

Interesting... Is this Höger good?

To be honest, I never saw him playing. He was playing in the 2. Bundesliga for Alemania Aachen.

But this isn't bad for a DM, even in 2. Bundesliga:
2. Bundesliga - 33 Games - 7 Goals - 9 Assists - 2846 Minutes played
DFB-Pokal - 4 Games - 3 Goals - 0 Assists - 390 Minutes played

Not bad for a DM... Not bad at all

---------- Post added 12/06/2011 at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 09/06/2011 at 04:28 PM ----------

http://www.schalke04.com/news/single-view/artikel/raul-nominated-for-golden-foot-award.html

Raul nominated for golden foot award!

Last edited:
Well, I think every Schalke-Fan was afraid of this moment. Christian "Funky Pee" Pander is leaving Schalke. Rumours saying he already signed a contract with Hannover. Glück auf!

[video=youtube;PPYvhLMrGP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPYvhLMrGP0&feature=related[/video]

I'm really sad about that, but I wish him all the best. Thank you, Christian Pander! :'(

Who'll bang my free kicks in now in FIFA 12 when I'm playing with Schalke?

Who'll bang my free kicks in now in FIFA 12 when I'm playing with Schalke?

Another Christian... Christian Fuchs, also left wingback.

[video=youtube;Z6T5HvLBbQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6T5HvLBbQo&feature=related[/video]

---------- Post added 17/06/2011 at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 15/06/2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

Schalke's left-winger Lukas Schmitz joins Werder Bremen.
Mittelfeldspieler Lukas Schmitz wechselt zu Werder Bremen: FC Schalke 04

And the next big leaving of another legend.

An era has come to an end. On Saturday Gerald Asamoah terminated his contract with the Royal Blues, which also made provision for his role after the end of his playing career. Asamoah, 32, played for FC St Pauli in the Bundesliga last season

Gerald Asamoah terminates his contract: FC Schalke 04
YouTube - ‪FC Schalke 04 - Goodbye Gerald Asamoah - WATCH IT‬‏

[video=youtube;p6xC_VZn4Hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xC_VZn4Hg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Thanks, Asa! Sad summer for us Schalke fans. :'(

Torsten Frings moves to MLS side Toronto FC.

How have his last few Bundesliga campaigns been?

He was good IMO, still has his "magical shot" :D

Seems Schalke has had a lot of arrivals & departures:

Arrivals:
Christian Fuchs
Marco Höger
Andreas Wiegel (from FC Schalke 04 II)
Ralf Fährmann
Lewis Holtby (back from loan)
Jan Moravek (back from loan)
Jermaine Jones (back from loan)

Departures:
Ali Karimi
Angelos Charisteas (not yet confirmed)
Nicolas Plestan (released)
Christian Pander
Gerald Asamoah
Lukas Schmitz
Tore Reginiussen
Manuel Neuer
Ciprian Deac (now on loan to Rapid Bukarest)
Vasileos Pliatsikas (now on loan at Duisburg)
Danilo Avelar (returned back to his club Karpaty Lvyv)

Also Schalke was linked to Stekelenburg, and is currently linked to Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue

Well Schalke got a lot of money from Neuer's deal, and according to transfermarkt.de Schalke has 18.25 mil € left to spend from that deal...

Any new news?

and is Schalke in the Europa League?? I mean, they won the German Cup last season, they should be in the Europa League right?

Just checked UEFA's webpages, in the Playoffs!

Last edited:
Yes, Schalke is in the Europa League.

News?
Papadopolous singed a new contract till 30. June 2015. Farfan got offered a new three-year contract. And the most important one... NEXT SATURDAY IS DERBY TIME! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.