The Carlos Tevez thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 205
  • Views Views 18K

My opinion on Tevez..

• Total voters
Intresting, Tevez just gave his take on it through an interpretor on SS.

What did he say, for the benefit of all of us who don't have Sky?

EDIT: It's fine, Dunc just zoomed you so hard you didn't even have time to post the original response.

Intresting, Tevez just gave his take on it through an interpretor on SS.

This ****** me off so much, i slated him when he was given the captains armband at City because of his lack of English. This man has been in this country what 5 years now and cant even do a simple interview in English!!!!! This is a man motivated by one thing and one thing only and that is money, his employers and even his family come second to money without a doubt. Such a frustrating man, i hope City release him and no-one touches him with a barge pole.

I hope City find a someway to cut his wages and let him rot in the limbo. I dont think he's even fit for the reserves.

Didn't see the game but waz difficult to avoid the story. I really hope they fine him 10 weeks wages and give him NO football - don't even play him in the reserves. Get rid in January to boca juniors like he wants then sue for compensation.

for people without Sky here's what he said:

2248: Carlos Tevez speaking on Sky Sports News, and giving very little away about his motives tonight or his future: "It is his [Mancini's] decision. I've been professional in the last year. This last year I was the best scorer and I put my opinion through that I wanted to leave for family reasons but I keep trying to do my best."

Didn't see the game but waz difficult to avoid the story. I really hope they fine him 10 weeks wages and give him NO football - don't even play him in the reserves. Get rid in January to boca juniors like he wants then sue for compensation.

Thats the problem, Boca cant afford the wages or his transfer fee and i doubt any other South American club could either.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

for people without Sky here's what he said:

If he was doing his best he would listen to his CURRENT manager and do what he is told.

Former Liverpool boss Graeme Souness talking about Carlos Tevez on Sky Sports: "He is one bad apple. He can undo all the good work that has been done (at City). He's a disgrace to football. He epitomises what most people think is wrong with modern football. It is totally unacceptable. He's a football player and he is paid to play. He is refusing to help his team-mates. It's all about him, him, him."

Souness was magic. I feel for Mancini, been badly let down by Tevez

sliighty off topic but i would like to see Souness being a pundit on Sky more often. Speaks sense.

Surely there must be a rule somewhere that allows them to pay him nothing, at least for a while?

Oh come on, Calum's posts aren't that bad. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

That's your answer to everything! Carlos Tevez, breaking up with a girl, meeting the Pope, stopping an opposition striker...
I wish theres a way to fav this comment.

This ****** me off so much, i slated him when he was given the captains armband at City because of his lack of English. This man has been in this country what 5 years now and cant even do a simple interview in English!!!!! This is a man motivated by one thing and one thing only and that is money, his employers and even his family come second to money without a doubt. Such a frustrating man, i hope City release him and no-one touches him with a barge pole.

Agreed. It's acceptable in a new arrival. It's not acceptable when you're made captain (though Tevez isn't any more, admittedly) and have been in the country for half a decade.

It speaks volumes that I wouldn't even take Tevez at Villa. I thought about it before posting this, and I just wouldn't want him (hypothetically, obviously). He's far too much of a bad influence.

Well on the plus side for us football fans we'll never see Tevez in a City shirt again

Money isn't an issue to city, so leave him to play out his contract in the reserves. And not even in the reserve starting 11 either.

just leave him playing no football untill his contract expires

Ciity should just get rid, not like money is an issue with them. Although if i was boss i would let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season. Surely though refusual to do what hes paid for means the club can choose not to pay him?

In a normal job if a worker refused to do his work he would not get paid for it, so why should this 'job' be any different?

Back