The Celtic Match Thread

That is bullshit right there mate. If the IRA is sectarian the the British queen supported and honored sectarianism.
The British Queen also acknowledged that the IRA where not terrorists, but actually freedom fighters.
To say the IRA is wanted to get rid of protestants is stupid, many of the leading members where Protestant. There may have been a few uneducated idiots that went out to kill protestants but the organisation didnt, the British army was the same yet you dont see me calling the British army sectarian or accusing them of promoting ethnic cleansing.

you have actually got that pretty wrong there: The garden commemorates freedom fighters from various uprisings, including the 1798 rebellion of the Society of United Irishmen, the 1803 rebellion of Robert Emmet, the 1848 rebellion of Young Ireland, the 1867 rising of the Fenian Brotherhood, the 1916 Easter Rising of the Irish Volunteers and the Irish Citizen Army and the 1919-21 Irish War of Independence of the "Old" IRA. The Queen will acknowledge only those "freedom fighters" approved of by the present Irish state. Their successors in later generations - who like them murdered policemen, set off bombs and destroyed the economy - are classified as terrorists.

But as Taida says, nothing wrong with the bill

Last edited:
TBH, while there a few idiots who shout out IRA at the games, most people won't sing that. But this sounds like the bill will target songs like the soldier song (irish national anthem) and the fields of athenry (even liverpool fans sing that), which are in no way sectarian or anything to do with terrorism - whereas throughout the scottish game from hearts fans, killie fans, rangers fans etc all sing sectarian songs like the billy boys and the sash that my father wore, and nothing is said...

The Bill dosn't target FoA, it does however target the soilder song due to the "addons" that are added on to certain parts of the song. Rangers fans singing TBB? Sorry but i havnt heard that being sung at Ibrox since the early 90's infact even then it was heard from the terraces and when it was banned many a politician came out and questioned why it was banned. As for "The Sash my father Wore", that isnt a sectarian song. I would suggest you research the lyrics.

You think the banning of the solider song is bad? Then can i ask your opinion on what you think about "God save the Queen" being banned is? Afterall we are British and a large majority of us would have been taught "God save the Queen" and "Flower of Scotland" in School. Yet the song of our Nation that we actually live in is banned.

Also Celtic and Rangers fans are as bad as each other so please don't try and paint the picture that one side is worse than the other. It has already been well documented, the only difference is the Rangers board have actively been assesing and trying to remove said problem.

You have heard Killie and Hearts fans singing "The Billy Boys" before? hmm are you sure? Id suggest going to a Hearts/Killie supporters trusts/forums and asking if they sing that song and view the reaction.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

That is bullshit right there mate. If the IRA is sectarian the the British queen supported and honored sectarianism.
The British Queen also acknowledged that the IRA where not terrorists, but actually freedom fighters.
To say the IRA is wanted to get rid of protestants is stupid, many of the leading members where Protestant. There may have been a few uneducated idiots that went out to kill protestants but the organisation didnt, the British army was the same yet you dont see me calling the British army sectarian or accusing them of promoting ethnic cleansing.

The queen acknowledge the freedom fighters of the IRA, the ones that fought and died for Éire of days of old. She did not acknowledge the modern day Prvisional Irish Republican Army "IRA". The Modern day "IRA" tarnished the good name of the men and women who died from the late 1700's up untill the 1920's and that is why the modern Irish gov. woint reconize the modern day "IRA". The IRA of old fought for freedom whereas the more modern day fought for personal gain, they murdered Protestant Irish Nationalist staying in the Republic who wanted a Free Ireland aswell due to religous beliefs.

The IRA of old wanted freedom whilst the modern day "IRA" wanted straight out war. They wernt freedom figthers, they were crooks, bulllys, murderers and drug dealers out ot terrorise normal day Irish people. The Old IRA should and always be admired and remembered because they fought and died for a good cause.

Like i have already stated, due to the modern day "IRA"s actions it has tarnished the good name of the IRA of old and its hard to define who football fans are singing about at football games.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Don't worry but both sides have had the same problem, the honourable men of the YCV and UDA of days of old good names have been tarnished by modern day "UDA" terrorists who were also mostly out for personal gain.

Both sides these days are just as currupt as each other and should be frowned apon.

The Bill dosn't target FoA, it does however target the soilder song due to the "addons" that are added on to certain parts of the song. Rangers fans singing TBB? Sorry but i havnt heard that being sung at Ibrox since the early 90's infact even then it was heard from the terraces and when it was banned many a politician came out and questioned why it was banned. As for "The Sash my father Wore", that isnt a sectarian song. I would suggest you research the lyrics.

You think the banning of the solider song is bad? Then can i ask your opinion on what you think about "God save the Queen" being banned is? Afterall we are British and a large majority of us would have been taught "God save the Queen" and "Flower of Scotland" in School. Yet the song of our Nation that we actually live in is banned.

Also Celtic and Rangers fans are as bad as each other so please don't try and paint the picture that one side is worse than the other. It has already been well documented, the only difference is the Rangers board have actively been assesing and trying to remove said problem.

You have heard Killie and Hearts fans singing "The Billy Boys" before? hmm are you sure? Id suggest going to a Hearts/Killie supporters trusts/forums and asking if they sing that song and view the reaction.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

The queen acknowledge the freedom fighters of the IRA, the ones that fought and died for Éire of days of old. She did not acknowledge the modern day Prvisional Irish Republican Army "IRA". The Modern day "IRA" tarnished the good name of the men and women who died from the late 1700's up untill the 1920's and that is why the modern Irish gov. woint reconize the modern day "IRA". The IRA of old fought for freedom whereas the more modern day fought for personal gain, they murdered Protestant Irish Nationalist staying in the Republic who wanted a Free Ireland aswell due to religous beliefs.

The IRA of old wanted freedom whilst the modern day "IRA" wanted straight out war. They wernt freedom figthers, they were crooks, bulllys, murderers and drug dealers out ot terrorise normal day Irish people. The Old IRA should and always be admired and remembered because they fought and died for a good cause.

Like i have already stated, due to the modern day "IRA"s actions it has tarnished the good name of the IRA of old and its hard to define who football fans are singing about at football games.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Don't worry but both sides have had the same problem, the honourable men of the YCV and UDA of days of old good names have been tarnished by modern day "UDA" terrorists who were also mostly out for personal gain.

Both sides these days are just as currupt as each other and should be frowned apon.

I watch every single celtic match, go to quite a few games, and everytime i ever see the following teams playing us: Rangers, Killie, Hearts i hear this for a solid 90 mins - "HULLO HULLO!" etc etc. And judging by the attack on Neil Lennon by that hearts fan, yeah i can well believe that quite a few of them would admit to singing that song, as the man called Lennon a "fenian b******"- Don't know what rangers games you've been watching mate, but the billy boys seems to be sung throughout the games.

Also any politican who did question why its banned and thinks that song is ok is obviously so ingrained with sectarian beliefs that they don't see a problem with a song that says: "We're up to our knees in fenian blood, surrender of you'll die", imagine if the word fenian was replaced with other offensive racist words, the whole of the uk would go nuts- and thats exactly the problem with Scotland

As for RFC's board, does no one remember that game behind closed doors with Inter Milan (of course being rangers for crowd trouble, or sectarian singing abroad) where it was only club officals, and the whole time you could hear the father that my sash wore and billy boys throughout the game. And also previous managers and directors have been caught on numerous occasions singing sectarian songs.

Also, I am in no way a supporter of the new IRA, I just do not want to have to be called a fenian b****** for 90 mins, and then have the same fans say they do nothing wrong; but then get punished abroad constantly for the same sectarian singing. If rangers fans are so innocent- then why was it rangers fans, not celtic fans who got fined and away fans banned for sectarian singing in holland and other places abroad? Only one club in scotland that has that shame and its not the tic.

Last edited:
I watch every single celtic match, go to quite a few games, and everytime i ever see the following teams playing us: Rangers, Killie, Hearts i hear this for a solid 90 mins - "HULLO HULLO!" etc etc. And judging by the attack on Neil Lennon by that hearts fan, yeah i can well believe that quite a few of them would admit to singing that song, as the man called Lennon a "fenian b******"- Don't know what rangers games you've been watching mate, but the billy boys seems to be sung throughout the games.

Also any politican who did question why its banned and thinks that song is ok is obviously so ingrained with sectarian beliefs that they don't see a problem with a song that says: "We're up to our knees in fenian blood, surrender of you'll die", imagine if the word fenian was replaced with other offensive racist words, the whole of the uk would go nuts- and thats exactly the problem with Scotland

As for RFC's board, does no one remember that game behind closed doors with Inter Milan (of course being rangers for crowd trouble, or sectarian singing abroad) where it was only club officals, and the whole time you could hear the father that my sash wore and billy boys throughout the game. And also previous managers and directors have been caught on numerous occasions singing sectarian songs.

Also, I am in no way a supporter of the new IRA, I just do not want to have to be called a fenian b****** for 90 mins, and then have the same fans say they do nothing wrong; but then get punished abroad constantly for the same sectarian singing. If rangers fans are so innocent- then why was it rangers fans, not celtic fans who got fined and away fans banned for sectarian singing in holland and other places abroad? Only one club in scotland that has that shame and its not the tic.

Spot on
thumbsup.gif

Just like to add about the RFC's board as well when it was proved, yet again, about the sectarian singing at the PSV games earlier this year - they seemed more concerned on being "innocent victims" and wanted to know "who told on them". If they were "innocent victims" then why was the club charged £13,300 in 2006 for sectarian singing AND stoning the Villarreal player bus; charged £8,280 in 2007 against Osasuna for sectarian singing & fan behaviour; we all know what happened in Manchester 2008; charged £18,000 in 2009 against Unirea for fans causing violence; charged £35,000 and fans banned from their next away match in early 2011 for sectarian singing at BOTH PSV matches.

Rangers doing all they can to eliminate sectarianism & bigotry and "Pride Over Prejudice" my a**e!

you have actually got that pretty wrong there: The garden commemorates freedom fighters from various uprisings, including the 1798 rebellion of the Society of United Irishmen, the 1803 rebellion of Robert Emmet, the 1848 rebellion of Young Ireland, the 1867 rising of the Fenian Brotherhood, the 1916 Easter Rising of the Irish Volunteers and the Irish Citizen Army and the 1919-21 Irish War of Independence of the "Old" IRA. The Queen will acknowledge only those "freedom fighters" approved of by the present Irish state. Their successors in later generations - who like them murdered policemen, set off bombs and destroyed the economy - are classified as terrorists.

But as Taida says, nothing wrong with the bill
Its not the old IRA it is thee IRA. If I was talking about the other IRA groups I would have said the PIRA, CIRA, RIRA etc. Celtic fans sing about thee IRA, not the Provos ect.

The bill is wrong because it is treating our fans like criminals despite doing nothing wrong. Most other clubs dont have police cameras watching every last move they make. It is unjust to treat us like that for no reason.

We are not as bad as Rangers, did Smith get sent numerous bombs last season?
Did Healy and Laugherty get there lives threatened?
As recently as this week our players have been attacked.
Why do Rangers continue to get punished for their fans European behavior yet our fans get awards?
Rangers have done little/nothing to sort out there fans.

As I said above the British Queen acknowledged thee IRA as freedom fighters, which is what I initially said.

Rangers fans singing TBB? Sorry but i havnt heard that being sung at Ibrox since the early 90's

What matches have you been to because it was clearly heard being sung throughout the late 90s and into the early 2000's as well because that was constantly being belted out from the stands. I even heard it being sung a few times AFTER it wasn't supposed to have been sung and yet did the club do or say anything about it? No. Turned a blind eye to it.

As for "The Sash my father Wore", that isnt a sectarian song. I would suggest you research the lyrics.

The same goes for people who think that songs like Boys Of The Old Brigade are sectarian as well - research the lyrics and it will be found that IRA is mentioned BUT it doesn't glorify the modern day PIRA or any terrorist groups who broke away from the original IRA. Songs like Boys Of The Old Brigade, A Soldiers Song & Fields Of Athenry are exactly in the same kind of context as God Save The Queen and Flower Of Scotland. Try to ban one, then they ALL have to be banned.

Rangers fans cannot expect to sing the likes of God Save The Queen yet frown & moan when Boys Of The Old Brigade and A Soldiers Song are sung by Celtic fans, especially when A Soldier's Song is the national anthem for Republic of Ireland. To condemn one and not the others is hypocritical and ridiculous.

When??? This is absolute rubbish. They have done NOTHING to try and eradicate the problems. If they were then -

1) why have they been fined continuously for the sectarian singing by UEFA?
2) why was Martin Bain earlier this year so intent on trying to prove the fans "innocence" against PSV? The sectarian chanting was HEARD in the grounds so instead of trying to do something about the "fans" committing the crime he focused on trying to find out "who told on them"
3) why didn't they do something about the fans singing the usual bile at the CIS Cup Final when, once again, it was heard clearly? Even the papers (and when I say papers I don't mean rags like The Sun and The Daily Record) commented on the fact of the constant singing and chanting by the Rangers support.
4) why didn't they condemn the death threats against Lennon, McCourt and McGinn to show a "unity" of trying to stamp out the problems?
5) why was the likes of Shota Arveladze booed by the entire stadium at a Linfield v Rangers match for crossing himself when he came on? Although, for some strange reason, this was then ok with the supporters afterwards when he explained that he was Russian Orthodox and they make the sign of the cross differently from Catholics.
6) why were players like Lorenzo Amoruso and other Catholic players told that if they were going to cross themselves they had to do it in the tunnel just so the fans never got upset about it?

Why all of the above if Rangers are doing SO much to eradicate the problem??!!

Celtic's Bhoys Against Bigotry was formed in 1996 (the FIRST club to do such a charter) and is a club for anyone regardless of religion, race, ***, age or disability. Rangers version, Pride Over Prejudice, was formed in 2003 and is basically a PR exercise because if it was treated like a real charter then why does all of the above STILL continue to happen without condemnation?

Celtic ban one moron for doing an aeroplane gesture at Claudio Reyna back in about 2001/2002 yet Rangers can't do (and aren't doing) anything about huge sections of Rangers supporters who constantly sing their filth.

So, once again, it's rubbish to say that Rangers are actively assessing and trying to remove the said problems because it's painfully obvious they aren't doing anything of the sort.

Last edited:
Rangers where formed as a sectarian club with a sectarian signing policy and is still a very sectarian club.

Those Hearts fans would be singing "The Georgie Boys" and the killie fans would be singing "The Killie boys" it is no different from Hibs and Dundee United fans etc from singing Pro IRA songs.

Could you explain to me how "fenian" is a sectarian word? Like i have already stated, the IRA terrorist who terrorised everyone including other Irish nationalist and normal everyday Irish people of the 40's onwards have tarnished the good name of the "real IRA" who fought and died for Ireland. They tarnished the word "fenian", no one else did. So yes i see no problem in people being up to their knees in "modern day IRA" terrorist who bullied, robbed, ran drug rings, murdered people (large part of those people WERE IRISH NATIONALIST) fenian blood. I wouldn't have an issue with people singing about being up to thier knees in al qaeda blood which btw is the exact same thing.

maxy67;1326765As for RFC's board said:
Rangers have banned over 500 fans and removed season tickets from fans for singing certain songs, waving certain flags and having certain flags over a period of 5years. Yet Celtic have banned under 10 people, yes 10 people for the same thing. Yet you still see an abundance of "Pro IRA/PIRA" flags/scarfs and songs being sungs, even the Police and Scottish gov have questioned this.

And nor would I. Wow how long have you been supporting Celtic then? 3-5Years is my assumption. Ill include the actual stuff i know about and not just "heresay"

Celtic fans banned from the stadium for X amount of months in the 40/50's for Pro **** Support.

Celtic greatest ever manager Jock Stein refused a seat on the board of directors due to him not being an Irish Catholic, this continued to his death.

A charted plane with over 140 celtic fans has to be grounded at Cardiff airport following a Uefa Cup game against Celta Vigo in 2003(This also included the assult on a female stewardess by a Celtic fan.)

Celtic Football club fined £42,430 in 2007 (there 2nd fine in 12 months) due to Pitch invasions.
Quote from Uefa
"Celtic FC have been fined 50,000 euros by Uefa for the improper conduct of their supporters at last week's Uefa Champions League Group E match against Manchester United FC in Glasgow."

Celtic Football club yet again in a Uefa probe due to the misconduct of thier fans in - 2008

Celtic Fan fined £5000 for making "plane gestures" towards American Rangers player Claudio Reyna 6days after the tragic September 11 attacks on the twin towers. Yes you read that right "plane gestures" - 2001

Celtic board and fan fined £1000 for a vicous attack on Gordon Strachan. 1980

Celtic Fan fined £450 for throwing a bottle at an Ac Milan player -2007

Celtic board fined £25,000 for Pitch invasions again - 2007

Celtic board fined £45,000 after old firm trouble -1999

Celtic Fan fined for Sectarian abuse towards a Ac Milan Player. -2007

Celtic Fan fined £500 for stealing a charity collection pudsey the bear case(Yes stealing from a charity collection)

Celtic Board fined numeruos times spanning from 1980s to this current day for fans vandalising other clubs stadiums.

Celtic Board and fan fined for racist gestures towards Hearts player. 2002

Celtic Board fined undisclosed amount for coin throwing attack on referee. 2001

Celtic fan fined for assult on Sir Alex Ferguson and racially abusing female community police officer.

Celtic fan fined for Sectarian chanting at
Pittodrie.

The List does not end here and the Celtic board and fans have been fined many a times.

Rangers fans and Celtic fans are the exact same, bigoted as each other. You may think they arent but the harsh reality is that they are.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Its not the old IRA it is thee IRA. If I was talking about the other IRA groups I would have said the PIRA, CIRA, RIRA etc. Celtic fans sing about thee IRA, not the Provos ect.

They still called themselves and regarded themselves as the "IRA" you can't pick and choose;)

The bill is wrong because it is treating our fans like criminals despite doing nothing wrong. Most other clubs dont have police cameras watching every last move they make. It is unjust to treat us like that for no reason.

The bill is indeed wrong and undjust but the Police are targeting the 2 biggest offenders, Rangers and Celtic.

We are not as bad as Rangers, did Smith get sent numerous bombs last season?
Did Healy and Laugherty get there lives threatened?
As recently as this week our players have been attacked.
Why do Rangers continue to get punished for their fans European behavior yet our fans get awards?
Rangers have done little/nothing to sort out there fans.

It is a terrible thing Mr Lennon getting sent bombs it reminds me of the "IRA" sending bombs to the Scotland camp in the early 80's because they were fielding Rangers players.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Rangers where formed as a sectarian club with a sectarian signing policy and is still a very sectarian club.

Rangers had singed a Catholic before Celtic were even formed. FACT.

Last edited:
Those Hearts fans would be singing "The Georgie Boys" and the killie fans would be singing "The Killie boys" it is no different from Hibs and Dundee United fans etc from singing Pro IRA songs.

Could you explain to me how "fenian" is a sectarian word? Like i have already stated, the IRA terrorist who terrorised everyone including other Irish nationalist and normal everyday Irish people of the 40's onwards have tarnished the good name of the "real IRA" who fought and died for Ireland. They tarnished the word "fenian", no one else did. So yes i see no problem in people being up to their knees in "modern day IRA" terrorist who bullied, robbed, ran drug rings, murdered people (large part of those people WERE IRISH NATIONALIST) fenian blood. I wouldn't have an issue with people singing about being up to thier knees in al qaeda blood which btw is the exact same thing.

Rangers have banned over 500 fans and removed season tickets from fans for singing certain songs, waving certain flags and having certain flags over a period of 5years. Yet Celtic have banned under 10 people, yes 10 people for the same thing. Yet you still see an abundance of "Pro IRA/PIRA" flags/scarfs and songs being sungs, even the Police and Scottish gov have questioned this.

And nor would I. Wow how long have you been supporting Celtic then? 3-5Years is my assumption. Ill include the actual stuff i know about and not just "heresay"

Celtic fans banned from the stadium for X amount of months in the 40/50's for Pro **** Support.

Celtic greatest ever manager Jock Stein refused a seat on the board of directors due to him not being an Irish Catholic, this continued to his death.

A charted plane with over 140 celtic fans has to be grounded at Cardiff airport following a Uefa Cup game against Celta Vigo in 2003(This also included the assult on a female stewardess by a Celtic fan.)

Celtic Football club fined £42,430 in 2007 (there 2nd fine in 12 months) due to Pitch invasions.
Quote from Uefa
"Celtic FC have been fined 50,000 euros by Uefa for the improper conduct of their supporters at last week's Uefa Champions League Group E match against Manchester United FC in Glasgow."

Celtic Football club yet again in a Uefa probe due to the misconduct of thier fans in - 2008

Celtic Fan fined £5000 for making "plane gestures" towards American Rangers player Claudio Reyna 6days after the tragic September 11 attacks on the twin towers. Yes you read that right "plane gestures" - 2001

Celtic Fan fined £500 for stealing a charity collection pudsey the bear case(Yes stealing from a charity collection)

Celtic Board fined numeruos times spanning from 1980s to this current day for fans vandalising other clubs stadiums.

Celtic fan fined for assult on Sir Alex Ferguson and racially abusing female community police officer.

Pittodrie.

The List does not end here and the Celtic board and fans have been fined many a times.

Rangers fans and Celtic fans are the exact same, bigoted as each other. You may think they arent but the harsh reality is that they are.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

They still called themselves and regarded themselves as the "IRA" you can't pick and choose;)

The bill is indeed wrong and undjust but the Police are targeting the 2 biggest offenders, Rangers and Celtic.

It is a terrible thing Mr Lennon getting sent bombs it reminds me of the "IRA" sending bombs to the Scotland camp in the early 80's because they were fielding Rangers players.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Rangers first signed a catholic in the late 80's or the early 90's (mo johnston) FACT. Before that no catholics! whereas celtic have always signed people of any faith, Jock Stein was a protestant! That is the fact not the stuff your on about.

And my God you must be in denial if you don't think fenian is sectarian- no wonder people in scotland don't think they're doing anything wrong by attacking NL, and calling him a fenian!

And also those statistics don't make any sense, which AC Milan player? If he's Italian then there's almost a 99% chance he's a catholic!

RFC- Scotland's shame

So yes i see no problem in people being up to their knees in "modern day IRA" terrorist who bullied, robbed, ran drug rings, murdered people (large part of those people WERE IRISH NATIONALIST) fenian blood. I wouldn't have an issue with people singing about being up to thier knees in al qaeda blood which btw is the exact same thing.
Billy Boys originated in the 30's so it was not up to there knees in modern day IRA blood but up to their knees in freedom fighters blood that they are singing about......
So maybe a better example is would you be comfortable with people singing about being up to their knees i the British Amry, that fought for you freedom in WW2 s blood?

Rangers have banned more fans because there fans are considerably worse than ours.

Quote from Uefa

Pittodrie.

That is desperation right there. Never seen nitpicking like it.........
If I could be arsed I could go threw Rangers history and bring up 3 times as much. Actually im sure I could get a Rangers list that size only including the 21 century.
Surly you didnt keep a straight faace when you saidyou only use only the stuff you "know" and not heresay?
You know and can prove why Jock Stien was not on the Celtic board?
You know about Celtics supposed **** fans yet the most you can narrow it down to is 20years? and you dont know how long the where banned for either.... XD

That is a list riddled with heresay, but still considerably better than any Rangers list.

It doesnt matter if what they call themselves. I can call myself Gandhi, it doesnt make me Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi though does it? They are the Provisional IRA, the Real IRA, the Continuity IRA etc.

It doesnt matter when they signed Catholics, Rangers had a clear anti Catholic signing policy.

"When I came here in 1964, we had no Catholics," he said. "Not just the playing staff, anywhere. There was no bit of paper, it was an unwritten rule. David Murray changed that and it moved on significantly in 1989 when Maurice Johnston signed. You cannot clear up 80 years of sectarianism in eight months, but we are a huge way down the road."
Sandy Jardine

Interviewer: "Is Mo Johnston your most important signing?
David Murray (Rangers Chairman): "We signed him as a football player firstly, and also to break the tradition of this club in not signing a Roman Catholic. That was wrong, "
Rangers Chairman admits they had a sectarian signing policy in interview (21 Nov 08)

The fans reactions to players blessing themselves and signing players such as Mo Johnson would be laughable if it wasnt so vile.

Billy Boys originated in the 30's so it was not up to there knees in modern day IRA blood but up to their knees in freedom fighters blood that they are singing about......
So maybe a better example is would you be comfortable with people singing about being up to their knees i the British Amry, that fought for you freedom in WW2 s blood?

Rangers have banned more fans because there fans are considerably worse than ours.

That is desperation right there. Never seen nitpicking like it.........
If I could be arsed I could go threw Rangers history and bring up 3 times as much. Actually im sure I could get a Rangers list that size only including the 21 century.
Surly you didnt keep a straight faace when you saidyou only use only the stuff you "know" and not heresay?
You know and can prove why Jock Stien was not on the Celtic board?
You know about Celtics supposed **** fans yet the most you can narrow it down to is 20years? and you dont know how long the where banned for either.... XD

That is a list riddled with heresay, but still considerably better than any Rangers list.

It doesnt matter if what they call themselves. I can call myself Gandhi, it doesnt make me Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi though does it? They are the Provisional IRA, the Real IRA, the Continuity IRA etc.

It doesnt matter when they signed Catholics, Rangers had a clear anti Catholic signing policy.

"When I came here in 1964, we had no Catholics," he said. "Not just the playing staff, anywhere. There was no bit of paper, it was an unwritten rule. David Murray changed that and it moved on significantly in 1989 when Maurice Johnston signed. You cannot clear up 80 years of sectarianism in eight months, but we are a huge way down the road."
Sandy Jardine

Interviewer: "Is Mo Johnston your most important signing?
David Murray (Rangers Chairman): "We signed him as a football player firstly, and also to break the tradition of this club in not signing a Roman Catholic. That was wrong, "
Rangers Chairman admits they had a sectarian signing policy in interview (21 Nov 08)

The fans reactions to players blessing themselves and signing players such as Mo Johnson would be laughable if it wasnt so vile.

Spot on, its very sad that rangers fans won't admit to the bigotry of their club even though their ex chairman has.

If it's no different then why do Celtic fans get lambasted for singing songs like Boys Of The Old Brigade (which contain the word IRA) in it? As soon as people hear the word IRA they immediately think of the modern day terrorist groups such as the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA, active between 1969 - 1997) and the Real Irish Republican Army (RIRA, formed in 1997 as a split from the PIRA). These are separate groups that formed much later from the ORIGINAL IRA, which is what songs like Boys Of The Old Brigade are about. They are not about the PIRA. They are not about the RIRA. They are about the IRA - Irish Republican Army, who fought for Irelands independance against the British between 1919 - 1921.

Fenian, which is a word for "Irish warrior" and doesn't actually mean Catholic in itself, is USED as a derogatory word for Catholic which is aimed at Celtic supporters and THAT is why the word "fenian" is classed as sectarian. While the ORIGINAL terminology can describe Irish soldiers, terrorists, extremists etc, it is used and classed as more of a religious derogatory term, so when you and all the other Rangers supports are singing about "wading up to your knees in Fenian blood", you're meaning it to be wading up to your knees in Catholic's blood because that is what YOU - not the IRA or subsequent groups - are meaning it to be. Quick example - a few years ago I was called a "fenian b***ard" just because I supported Celtic. I suppose that's not sectarian is it??!! You'll be saying that Taig isn't a sectarian term either next.

The original terminology of fenian has been taken by other people, ie Rangers supporters, from it's original meaning to a sectarian meaning and to try and pass the buck by saying the IRA has tarnished the word is beyond stupid and is typical of a lot of the Rangers supporters - passing the blame to everyone else and making it seem as if it's someone ELSE'S fault. When was the last time you heard a Celtic fan call someone else a "fenian b***ard"? If you're thinking that "wading up to your knees in Al Qaeda blood" is meant the same these days as "wading up to your knees in fenian blood" then you're more deluded than you make out to be. Plus even IF you sing about "wading up to your knees in Fenian blood" the way you're trying to mean it, you're basically glorifying the killing of Irish soldiers, which is no better than anyone who support groups like PIRA or RIRA.

Wow how long have you been supporting Celtic then? 3-5Years is my assumption. Ill include the actual stuff i know about and not just "heresay"

I don't know where you got this "fact" from but it's complete rubbish and doesn't even warrant an answer.

Once again, utter rubbish. Jock Stein left Celtic because he was forced to stand down as manager to make way for a younger manager, and that manager who took over was Billy McNeil. Stein wanted to continue as manager because he said that he still had something to offer but the board wasn't having any of it. If it was because he wasn't a Catholic then why did he play for the club from 1951 - 1956 and later become manager in 1965? Religion had NOTHING to do with it.

Celtic Football club fined £42,430 in 2007 (there 2nd fine in 12 months) due to Pitch invasions. Quote from Uefa "Celtic FC have been fined 50,000 euros by Uefa for the improper conduct of their supporters at last week's Uefa Champions League Group E match against Manchester United FC in Glasgow."

This is utter nonsense because Celtic never even PLAYED Manchester United in 2007!! The club was fined £25,000 in 2007 for ONE fan coming onto the pitch and mocking AC Milan 'keeper Dida (who went down as if shot). The only Manchester United "incident" was in 2008 when, again, only ONE fan came onto the pitch. Both of who were punished and banned from Celtic Park.

See above as is the same point.

Once again, this ONE fan was banned from Celtic Park......actually, I'm not going to go through this lot of "facts" because while some are true, most others will be rubbish but we can be here ALL year going back and forth with things like this. ALL teams have their element of idiots, BUT at least Celtic take responsibility for it and do something about it while not taking on a "who told on us" mentality while also trying to reason why it's ok to sing about "wading up to the knees in fenian blood".

Those three fans above were banned and just to pick the aeroplane one - ONE Celtic "fan" doing an idiotic thing like that in amongst around 53,000 is not the same as THOUSANDS of Rangers fans singing sectarian & bigoted songs and rioting in Manchester. The two Celtic fans who came onto the pitch hardly warrants a "pitch invasion" either.

Barcelona's newspaper "Marca", even wrote about the Rangers fans on their behaviour -

"PLEASE, DON'T EVER COME BACK AGAIN

Dear Rangers supporters- never come back to Barcelona again. And not because your players themselves aren’t a legitimate team. No, it’s not because of that- the Nou Camp frequently hosts teams who are lazy, boring, who only defend, who run and kick their opponents, and who shouldn’t be in elite competition. On top of this, Rangers merely defend, run at the opposition and play dirty. Their defenders are butchers, their midfielders, heavy-footed; and their strikers just stand there like the furniture.

But even apart from the footballing aspect, the best thing would be for Rangers never to return to Barcelona, because every time they do, they make a mess of the place. 35 years ago, you (the Rangers supporters) destroyed the seats at the Nou Camp. This time we have enjoyed no less than 48 hours of brawls, provocation, rackets, fights and common drunk women throughout the whole city, which you have fouled however you pleased.

Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours, the Celtic supporters (who deserve a prize just for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow instead. Don’t come back here again, because it is not a laughing matter. And, by extension, don’t play in the Champions’ League either. You are not at that level neither in a sporting nor human sense.

There are noisy groups of supporters who, although they drink vast amounts of beer, make friends at the same time. But you? Not you, because everywhere you go, you turn into a rubbish tip. You are undesirables. And so are those who fraudulently sell, or “rent out” their tickets. These people screw Barca over, because they trade their season tickets illegally. And in doing this they cause massive annoyance for other members of the club. A true Barcelona fan would not re-sell their ticket for the match. If you are not going to the match, give it to a family member, or you could even use the 'Seient Lliure' service (an automated ticket service used by some Spanish clubs including Barcelona).

From now on, the responsibility lies with UEFA and the club itself to ensure who the ticket is sold to. The best thing for all of us would be that you as a supporter, in a moment of lucidity, decide not to travel if you do not have tickets. As that is never going to happen, those who sell the tickets illegally must be brought to justice. But the best thing would be if we never had to play Rangers again."

They may well have signed a Catholic before Celtic were formed but that doesn't prove anything. In the 1960s, a former player, Ralph Brand, made the "no catholic" signing policy that Rangers had public knowledge and it's here where the sectarianism really started. Just one example was the booing by Rangers fans during the minutes silence for John F Kennedy who, surprise surprise, was a Catholic. Vice Chairman Matthew Taylor was questioned about Rangers "no Catholics" policy and he stated that he felt that the policy was “part of our tradition....we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support.” By him saying that it just proves that Rangers put religion ahead of anything, even to this day.

If this wasn't the case then why did huge sections of Rangers fans burn their scarves and season tickets after the signing of Mo Johnston? It wasn't because he was an ex-Celtic player but because he was a Catholic. Why did Shota Arvaladze get booed by huge sections of Rangers fans in a Linfield match after he crossed himself? Why were players like Lorenzo Amoruso told to cross themselves in the tunnel before going onto the pitch at Ibrox? Why was it, that back in 2008, for a major corporate function due to be held at Ibrox, the person in charge ordered the bakers to make sure there was nothing GREEN on any of the products? Other items banned from being included in anything available to buy at the stadium were GREEN straws and pepperamis. In the restaurant inside Ibrox, Eggs Benedict was even taken off the menu. Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, the price that was put on the Christmas lunches that year at Ibrox was £16.90. Hmmmmmmm a coincidence that THAT is the date of the Battle of the Boyne? I think not.

I'm surprised that Ibrox have allowed green grass in the stadium!

All of the above and Rangers are doing their "best" to eradicate sectarianism? My backside they are!

Celtic are a club open to all regardless of race, religion, *** or age.

Rangers are club open to all as long as it doesn't go against their terms & policies on religion.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Spot on, its very sad that rangers fans won't admit to the bigotry of their club even though their ex chairman has.

That is because they are one word - deluded.

Last edited:
FML.

It was always going to be hard going to swinecastle missing our captain, vice-captain, our best defender and 3 of our midfield 4 but I didnt expect us to lose.
Thought we could have had a peno just before Hearts second goal, im pretty sure the keeper isnt aloud to lift the ball drop it and lift it again?
Anyway 10points behind, it can only get better and if we win the rest of out games we are still going to be champions.

FML.

It was always going to be hard going to swinecastle missing our captain, vice-captain, our best defender and 3 of our midfield 4 but I didnt expect us to lose.
Thought we could have had a peno just before Hearts second goal, im pretty sure the keeper isnt aloud to lift the ball drop it and lift it again?
Anyway 10points behind, it can only get better and if we win the rest of out games we are still going to be champions.

Gonna be tough but it's not impossible though.

Hopefully the international break will allow Lennon to look at things and give him time to go over what needs to be done. I feel that there are just some players, though, that just don't do enough. The Jam Tarts are always tough games but we should still have played better than what we did today, even with some of the players missing.

In 07/08 we won the league and that was even when Rangers were winning it with a 7 point gap AND two games in hand - all AFTER January as well, so even though we're 10 behind just now there's still plenty of time and games to get it, but we need to get back to winning and quick. Don't wanna give that lot any more.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

#lennonout

Aye, that is the answer at the beginning of October - getting rid of Lennon oO)

Would make it worse because it would make the team even more unsettled then we would then definitely have no chance.

Lennon needs support, not booting.

I'm very fearful of 4 in a row... I don't think we should sack Lennon yet, I really like the guy and he obviously loves the club, but at the same time I don't see him winning the title, but who else could we get? Wee Henrick is doing well in sweeden I hear but might it be to early to get him to manage celtic?

Aye, that is the answer at the beginning of October - getting rid of Lennon oO)Would make it worse because it would make the team even more unsettled then we would then definitely have no chance.Lennon needs support, not booting.
Well, yeah, imo it is. Hardly merits a oO)We've had stability for over a year and where has it gotten us? In all seriousness, what has Lennon done? Really? He's clearly inept. If Ally McCoist is the fat Paul LeGuen then Lennon is the ginger John Barnes.

Well, yeah, imo it is. Hardly merits a oO)We've had stability for over a year and where has it gotten us? In all seriousness, what has Lennon done? Really? He's clearly inept. If Ally McCoist is the fat Paul LeGuen then Lennon is the ginger John Barnes.
Lennon had the higher point tally than GS ever had, he was just unlucky that Rangers got so many points last season. Most other years we would have won the league with them points.
What makes him inept? He also beat Smith (who is regarded as one of the best recent managers in the SPL) head to head.
He is also a very good man manager, key players such as Kayal love him and a desperate to impress him.

Who can we bring in that will do a better job?
A new manager will come in and want his own players and will want to play his own system. Villa changed there manager (involuntarily) and had a really poor season and didnt get going until after the new year.

Lennon had the higher point tally than GS ever had, he was just unlucky that Rangers got so many points last season. Most other years we would have won the league with them points.
What makes him inept? He also beat Smith (who is regarded as one of the best recent managers in the SPL) head to head.
He is also a very good man manager, key players such as Kayal love him and a desperate to impress him.

Who can we bring in that will do a better job?
A new manager will come in and want his own players and will want to play his own system. Villa changed there manager (involuntarily) and had a really poor season and didnt get going until after the new year.

Oh, yes, it's all very well beating Rangers, but then you go and losee to the likes of Inverness etc?
So desperate to impress he's been largely unimpressive this season? Much like Majstorovic, Commons, M. Wilson, etc.

Well, Martin O'Neill's out of a job, as is Mark Hughes. But I would absolutely love Slaven Bilic to come in. :wub:
He's lost three times in nine games already and it's only October. Lennon just doesn't have what it takes.

Oh, yes, it's all very well beating Rangers, but then you go and losee to the likes of Inverness etc?
So desperate to impress he's been largely unimpressive this season? Much like Majstorovic, Commons, M. Wilson, etc.

Well, Martin O'Neill's out of a job, as is Mark Hughes. But I would absolutely love Slaven Bilic to come in. :wub:
He's lost three times in nine games already and it's only October. Lennon just doesn't have what it takes.
If we could attract the likes of MON, Mark Hughes and Bilic then we wouldnt have ended up with Mowbray. Coyle turned us down we have no chance with the names you mentioned.