The Celtic Match Thread

If we could attract the likes of MON, Mark Hughes and Bilic then we wouldnt have ended up with Mowbray. Coyle turned us down we have no chance with the names you mentioned.

Actually, I distinctly remember Slaven Bilic being quoted as saying he wanted the job, but it was instead given to Mowbray. And if Martin O'Neill would be willing to go to Forest, as it seems he may be, I'm sure he'd be happy to return to Celtic. I don't think we're that bad yet.

So are you not 'all Neil Lennon' anymore?

FML.

It was always going to be hard going to swinecastle missing our captain, vice-captain, our best defender and 3 of our midfield 4 but I didnt expect us to lose.
Thought we could have had a peno just before Hearts second goal, im pretty sure the keeper isnt aloud to lift the ball drop it and lift it again?
Anyway 10points behind, it can only get better and if we win the rest of out games we are still going to be champions.

Clutching at straws a bit I think? You had the majority of the posession but didn't really do much with it. Mcdonald is a bit of a bombscare and he wasn't really tested too much. Very, very poor defending cost you for both goals.

Well, yeah, imo it is. Hardly merits a oO)We've had stability for over a year and where has it gotten us? In all seriousness, what has Lennon done? Really? He's clearly inept. If Ally McCoist is the fat Paul LeGuen then Lennon is the ginger John Barnes.

He's been re-building the team since LAST summer so of course there's going to be some instability. You expect the 11 he brought in last summer, Commons who he brought to the club in January and the 4 he got THIS summer to all suddenly start clicking and playing and have instant stability & success? If you think that then you're as deluded as your "lennon out" remark.

Were you there when he took over at the end of March last year and won ALL the remaining league games (one of which was the last derby game) for that season? Were you part of the fanbase last year cheering us on when we beat Rangers a few times? Were you there when we won the Scottish Cup? Were you at the CIS Cup Final? Were you there at the last league game against Motherwell cheering on Lennon and supporting him throughout the whole of the campaign? He done ALL of that just to start with and NOW he's suddenly "inept"? I think your opinion warrants a oO) from me because views like your's that warrant it.

I suppose the things I listed above is him getting nothing after his first FULL season in charge? He's working on a budget that is tighter than a duck's a**e as well and I think the last thing he needs is for people to suddenly want him gone after only 9 games into this new season. So you want him gone. Then what? Who do we bring in? And that person that gets brought in, will he be given the same amount of time to turn things around? Very much doubt it. Why give a new manager time and not Lennon, especially as he has only been in charge of the club for not even a FULL season and a half yet.

And to think he's the "ginger John Barnes" is beyond ridiculous because Lennon has done more with Celtic now than what Barnes has done in the last 11 years! Ally McCoist inherited a team that already had a central core, playing stably under Sir. Diginity himself. Lennon, as I mentioned above, had to completely re-build the team. McCoist is winning on pure luck at the moment, in my opinion, because let's face it, they aren't exactly steamrollering the opposition. Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk ring any bells? As soon as Naismith, Jelavic or Lafferty gets an injury they will struggle even more and they WILL drop more points this season.

Why don't you try supporting the team and Lennon instead of jumping on the "Lennon out now" band wagon.

Do you not have concerns that Celtic have went back the way this season?

I'm very fearful of 4 in a row... I don't think we should sack Lennon yet, I really like the guy and he obviously loves the club, but at the same time I don't see him winning the title, but who else could we get? Wee Henrick is doing well in sweeden I hear but might it be to early to get him to manage celtic?

I think everyone is but hopefully we can turn this around. It's been turned around with a deficit like this much later in a season before and we've managed to win it. Nothing would be more satisfactory for us to win the title after a start to the campaign lie this.

There is no other viable option on who to get, especially in October. In my opinion it would be best for Lennon to keep going as manager, give him the rest of the season and see if he can manage to turn it around.

The only thing that gets me though is all his doubters will be praising him at the end of the season - once again - if we win the title. Should stick by the manager through thick and thin because really only a full season and a bit is no real timeline to judge anyone to be honest.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Oh, yes, it's all very well beating Rangers, but then you go and losee to the likes of Inverness etc?

They beat us at Ibrox but then they got beat by Falkirk. What does that tell you? We get beat by them and, only through a ridiculous decision by the ref, we draw with Udinese. Then we get beat by Hearts and these were the same players (apart from two - Ledley and Kayal because of injury) who played against Udinese.

For me, some of the players are far too inconsistent and I really think it's about time Lennon kicked them into touch. They should either play for the badge and for Celtic or get out because why is it that so many of these same players played like they were on a mission last season yet they seem to have just bottled it in some matches this season?

Take the Rangers match for instance. We were poor in the first 30 mins, but from then on up to half time we came into it, we played much better, had Rangers on the ropes and went in 2-1 up. After the break, it's like the players never came out. People are quick to blame Lennon for this match but why didn't the players start the second half the way they finished the first? Very much doubt Lennon would have said for them to sit back because he complained in the post-match interview about them doing that in the second half. People complain about the selection of players but those players ended up controlling that half by going in 2-1. The players let us down that day - not Lennon.

So desperate to impress he's been largely unimpressive this season? Much like Majstorovic, Commons, M. Wilson, etc.

Well, Martin O'Neill's out of a job, as is Mark Hughes. But I would absolutely love Slaven Bilic to come in. :wub:
He's lost three times in nine games already and it's only October. Lennon just doesn't have what it takes.

Lennon doesn't have what it takes but, once again, look at last season. It is only October, you're right, which means there's still plenty of time to turn this around. It's not as if it's February.

The players need to start playing again because it just seems that when they go behind or things aren't going their way, the heads go down a bit. Lennon needs to get the fire going in them again and get them to actually realise what's at stake because some of them just seem to be turning up for a pay cheque and that's it.

Majstorovic, for me, was only brought back in for the last couple of games because of K. Wilson's injury. If he wasn't injured I think it would have been K. Wilson and Mulgrew at CD. Commons was right to get dropped because he's been gash this season and I think Paddy would be good to start. M. Wilson was dropped to give Matthews a chance and for me Matthews has been really good - one of our better players.

If they can re-group after the international break, kill Kilmarnock in the next match, hopefully it will restore some confidence.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Clutching at straws a bit I think? You had the majority of the posession but didn't really do much with it. Mcdonald is a bit of a bombscare and he wasn't really tested too much. Very, very poor defending cost you for both goals.

Exactly and this is what needs sorted and hopefully sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Do you not have concerns that Celtic have went back the way this season?

This is concerning yes but what is more concerning is why these same players who done well for us last year are showing too many signs of inconsistency. It's up to Lennon to get them going again and I'm hoping that he can do this and I'm sure he can if he gets the support.

At times like this the players and management team need the support of the fans - not for the fans to start getting on their backs. Fans are right to criticise the team when they don't play well but it's another to want Lennon to go so soon in the season.

How am I clutching at straws? Of course it is going to be more difficult missing so many players. All I did was highlight that. I never claimed we deserved to win it but to claim McDonald had nothing to do is a bit silly. He made two very good saves.

So are you not 'all Neil Lennon' anymore?

Tbh, I've never been 'all Neil Lennon'. I've always thought he was a dobber.

He's been re-building the team since LAST summer so of course there's going to be some instability. You expect the 11 he brought in last summer, Commons who he brought to the club in January and the 4 he got THIS summer to all suddenly start clicking and playing and have instant stability & success? If you think that then you're as deluded as your "lennon out" remark.
Oh dear. Then that totally contradicts the stability remark of yours. Besides, a large number of the signings he's made were distinctly average. The only players I think have done especially well are Kayal, Izzy, Hoops, Stokes and Commons.

Were you there when he took over at the end of March last year and won ALL the remaining league games (one of which was the last derby game) for that season? Were you part of the fanbase last year cheering us on when we beat Rangers a few times? Were you there when we won the Scottish Cup? Were you at the CIS Cup Final? Were you there at the last league game against Motherwell cheering on Lennon and supporting him throughout the whole of the campaign? He done ALL of that just to start with and NOW he's suddenly "inept"? I think your opinion warrants a oO) from me because views like your's that warrant it.
Yes, I was there, and the fact he won the remaining games, except he didn't win the final derby game. If you remember, we played pretty negatively and drew 0-0 when Samaras missed a pen. Obviously, I was. I wasn't at the games, but I saw them on the telly. The CIS Cup final we lost and played poorly in? Yeah, I remember. I watched the Well game, but I was actually cringing when 'Something Inside So Strong' came on. I hate the way he is made out to be a hero, because he certainly isn't. He's a ****. Right now, the past means nothing, because the fact i we've lost games to St Johnstone and Hearts already, and been dominated by Rangers. We are showing no signs of progress, and in fact we seem to be getting worse. So no, it doesn't merit a 'oO)'. Your strange worship of him does.[/QUOTE]

I suppose the things I listed above is him getting nothing after his first FULL season in charge? He's working on a budget that is tighter than a duck's a**e as well and I think the last thing he needs is for people to suddenly want him gone after only 9 games into this new season. So you want him gone. Then what? Who do we bring in? And that person that gets brought in, will he be given the same amount of time to turn things around? Very much doubt it. Why give a new manager time and not Lennon, especially as he has only been in charge of the club for not even a FULL season and a half yet.
Tighter than a duck's a**e? This summer, he's spent £3.1 million. Yes, Rangers spent about half a million more, but they also got half a million more than us from player sales, so we've essentially spent the same as them. In Scottish terms, hardly 'tighter than a duck's a**e. More than enough to strengthen a second placed side to have a go at the title.

And to think he's the "ginger John Barnes" is beyond ridiculous because Lennon has done more with Celtic now than what Barnes has done in the last 11 years! Ally McCoist inherited a team that already had a central core, playing stably under Sir. Diginity himself. Lennon, as I mentioned above, had to completely re-build the team. McCoist is winning on pure luck at the moment, in my opinion, because let's face it, they aren't exactly steamrollering the opposition. Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk ring any bells? As soon as Naismith, Jelavic or Lafferty gets an injury they will struggle even more and they WILL drop more points this season.
Yeah, you realise the Barnes comment was made in a jokey way? No, just looking for an argument? Sound.
They aren't steamrolling the oppo? We're getting steamrolled by them! Obviously exaggerating, but we have been very unimpressive this year, bar a game or two. Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk? Try Sion, St Johnstone and Hearts. Yes, they may well drop points, but we don't seem to be able to pick any up ourselves. Especially not from them.

Why don't you try supporting the team and Lennon instead of jumping on the "Lennon out now" band wagon.

Oh god. I there anything worse than comments like these? Look, criticism is in no way lack of support. I'll support Celtic all the way no matter what, but this doesn't mean I have to be blinkered and stay silent. Lennon isn't good enough imo, and we don't seem to be going anywhere with him. And I can assure you that I'm jumping on to no bandwagon. I've disliked Lennon for a long while, and I've never had much confidence in his abilities.

Honestly, I would absolutely love to be proved wrong, but I doubt I will.

Oh dear. Then that totally contradicts the stability remark of yours. Besides, a large number of the signings he's made were distinctly average. The only players I think have done especially well are Kayal, Izzy, Hoops, Stokes and Commons.

Really? So you can't have a re-building process with SOME stability? I never said we we're totally stable. I think you need to actually re-read what I was saying instead of what trying to read between the lines. Also I asked you if you expect there to be instant stability with the amount of players he has brought in and you bypass that remark so nice side-step by the way. Read what I say - not what you THINK I say.

A large portion of his signings may be "average" but it's not like he's being allowed to splash the cash is it. He's being forced to look for basement dealings and out of the players you think have done well, Commons is turning out to be just as average because he's sucked all season so far. Hooper is turning out to be a shadow of his former self from last year. I suppose Ledley has been "average" as well has he though? Same as Mulgrew? And Matthews? These were Lennon's signing as well and I think (apart from Matthews who just started with us in the summer but IS doing well) along with Kayal & Izzy have continued from last year to be the best in our team.

Love to see anyone else try and come in at this stage of the season and do better with the same budget.

Yes, I was there, and the fact he won the remaining games, except he didn't win the final derby game. If you remember, we played pretty negatively and drew 0-0 when Samaras missed a pen. Obviously, I was. I wasn't at the games, but I saw them on the telly. The CIS Cup final we lost and played poorly in? Yeah, I remember. I watched the Well game, but I was actually cringing when 'Something Inside So Strong' came on. I hate the way he is made out to be a hero, because he certainly isn't. He's a ****. Right now, the past means nothing, because the fact i we've lost games to St Johnstone and Hearts already, and been dominated by Rangers. We are showing no signs of progress, and in fact we seem to be getting worse. So no, it doesn't merit a 'oO)'. Your strange worship of him does.

"Yes you were there", "obviously I was" then suddenly "I wasn't at the games, but I saw them on telly". Think that warrants another oO) If you re-read my posts, when he took over in March last YEAR - not last SEASON - he won every single remaining league game INCLUDING a 2-1 win against Rangers. We may have lost the CIS Cup Final but at least he got us there in his FIRST full season with us.

You cringed at the support being shown basically is what you're saying. No-one is making him out to be a "hero" and if you actually look at it properly you'll see that it is showing SUPPORT for him (something you obviously aren't doing by coming out with "****" remark) after all the disgustingly vile death threats he received. You'll be saying that he brings it on himself next. The past means nothing?? (cue another oO)). If it "means nothing" then why are all the fans (yourself excluded apparently) proud of our clubs past and history? The Jock Stein years; The Lisbon Lions; 9-in-a-row; the reason on WHY Celtic was founded in the first place and that the club STILL to this day keeps it's charitable means; the Martin O'Neill ere in turning the club around; players like Larsson, Hartson, LENNON, Sutton, McNeill, Chalmers (I could list more but that doesn't matter to fans like you). It's our PAST & HISTORY that makes us who we are today and if you can't see that then you're not only deluded but your blind as well.

Dominated by Rangers? Are you in the same season as everyone else? We have played ONE game against them and I think losing one game against a more STABLE average side than us hardly counts for dominating. If you have watched any of their games then you will see (but I doubt it) that they have hardly won their matches at a canter. They were out of both European competitions AND the League Cup before even the end of September. So that's three out of five competitions they are out of so far and yet they are dominating? oO) (will never get tired of these with your posts).

Difference between "worship" and "support". You should try the latter and get behind the team instead of slating them and moaning about how we're going backwards when we're only 9 games into the season.

Tighter than a duck's a**e? This summer, he's spent £3.1 million. Yes, Rangers spent about half a million more, but they also got half a million more than us from player sales, so we've essentially spent the same as them. In Scottish terms, hardly 'tighter than a duck's a**e. More than enough to strengthen a second placed side to have a go at the title.

And what does £3.1M truely get you though? Your "distinctly average" players of some of who you included aboce. Rangers may have got more in selling more than us but their total sales for this season was £1.7M from ONE player - Bougherra. The other players that left the club were all on free/contract's cancelled. They SPENT £3M on bringing in players. They spent more than they have sold as well. The £9M we got from McGeady would have went towards replacing the money we spent on players like Hooper (£2.5M), Kayal (£1.5M), Stokes (£1.2M), Juarez (£2.2M) and Commons (£300,000). Put the rest of whatever money would have been available on reducing the debt and, yes, the budget that Lennon would have been given for this year is tighter and a duck's a""e.

Yeah, you realise the Barnes comment was made in a jokey way? No, just looking for an argument? Sound.
They aren't steamrolling the oppo? We're getting steamrolled by them! Obviously exaggerating, but we have been very unimpressive this year, bar a game or two. Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk? Try Sion, St Johnstone and Hearts. Yes, they may well drop points, but we don't seem to be able to pick any up ourselves. Especially not from them.

We aren't getting steamrollered BY them at all when we have only played ONE game with them!! You pick ONE match that they have played this season and say they played really well. They only played "really well" in the derby game as well because our defense was SO bad in that second half we MADE them look good so yes them "steamrollering us" is a total exageration. Also, how many injuries have they got to their first team squad in total? I'm not saying that injuries are the be all and end all BUT when you have them to key players it WILL make a difference. We'll see how much they continue to steamroller "us" when they end up with a couple of injuries.

We have been unipressive bar "a game or two" (a couple more than that in my opinion though) possibly but I'm highlighting that Rangers are hardly steamrollering the opposition themelves. It's not like the league has been lost (although the way fans like you are acting you would think that it WAS).

We draw with Udinese but lose against Hearts. Does this mean that Hearts would win against Udinese? Would St Johnstone as well just because they beat us? Oh, and just to boot, St Johnstone won 2-0 against Hearts last week so I suppose we must be really ***** if St Johnstone can beat them even though we draw against Udinese ;) We didn't pick up any points from them in our first derby game last season either but we went onto dominate THEM in pretty much the rest of the derby matches. The 3-0 game ring a bell at all? The Scottish Cup quarter final replay job a memory cell as well?

Oh god. I there anything worse than comments like these? Look, criticism is in no way lack of support. I'll support Celtic all the way no matter what, but this doesn't mean I have to be blinkered and stay silent. Lennon isn't good enough imo, and we don't seem to be going anywhere with him. And I can assure you that I'm jumping on to no bandwagon. I've disliked Lennon for a long while, and I've never had much confidence in his abilities.

Honestly, I would absolutely love to be proved wrong, but I doubt I will.

Where did I actually say "criticism is lack of support"? Point it out to me. I criticise the team when I see performances like ones against Hearts and St Johnstone and especially Rangers but I'm not moaning for Lennon to go when it's only 9 games into the season and forgetting all the good he has done in only ONE season. Fans like you annoy me because when we're winning everything is rosy and fine but as soon as we go through a rough patch like this, Lennon is suddenly "inept". You change like the weather. There's a difference in CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and knee-jerk reactions like yours and it's just as well the board isn't full of members like yourself or else we'd be going through another period like we did in the 90s when we went through 8 managers within a span of 10 years and where Rangers WERE dominating us.

Get rid of Lennon now and it will only get worse. You may not like Lennon for whatever reason other than him being "a ****" but why don't you try supporting him instead of hounding him. I like Mowbray as a player but I didn't like as a manager because he is not manager material in my opinion, especially for Celtic, BUT I still supported him AND the team when he was here.

Negativity spreads like wildfire and you don't think that THAT can be affecting the team as well? It's hard but we all need to try and remain positive about it all as there is still a long way to go.

Last edited:
Lenny has 45minutes to save his job, I feel genuinely feel sick right now, most of the players dont give a **** and the team and tactics have been brutal at best.

Paul Heffernan yet again on the score sheet, never wanted Megson to let him leave SWFC as i knew he would score at League 1 level but glad to see he's making a name for himself in Scotland :)

Wow how did this happen? :O
Maj, Ki, Ledley, Hooper, Bangura, Kayal looked like they didnt give a ****. Jamie Forrest and Stokes worked there arses off.

From the team was named it didnt look good. We had one attacking player on the bench.
Then Hooper got a kick to the back of the leg within 10minutes. He limped around for the rest of the first half and Lenny didnt bring him off.
Killie played a very fluid 5 man midfield which destroyed our rigid 3.5 man midfield (Ki didnt turn up at all, he was basically a shadow) Lenny refused to change the system so we where getting bossed in the midfield. So we where playing with 9.5 players and half of them didnt even want to be there.
Our defense was made up of free transfers, sometimes you get what you pay for as they where absolutely **** at defending. Matthews and Cha got forward brilliantly but they are payed to defend.

Killie where set up brilliantly, played really well and deserved 3points.

Even though we played **** and didnt deserve a point we should have had 3 as the 2nd Killie goal was clearly offside, but refs are instructed to give the striker the advantage which is fair enough.

Bit ****** off today. Forrest should've benn taken off in the second half (he had ran his **** off!!!) and rogne shoud have started!
Quiock question. WTF was mulgrew doing with the captins armband!!!!!

Think it's time Lenny goes !!

James Forrest and Adam Matthews were the only player I would give pass marks to for the whole game. Stokes only scored 2 great goals. Never done anything else imo and missed an absolute sitter, if that went in it would be a different game. Defence is absolutely shocking. Dan Maj is f*cking sh*te. Kayal thinks he is too good to wear the Celtic jersey. Hooper is nowhere near the player he was last year. Ledley isn't a left mid.

All in all, p*sh

Beat Man City 4-2 in the nextgen tonight. Apparently we played them off the pitch.
Goals form Herron, George X2 and Watt.

Team:Thomson; Miller, Irvine, Fraser, Chalmers; Herron, McGeouch, McGregor, F Twardzik; George, Watt

---------- Post added 19/10/2011 at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 17/10/2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

Young Bhoys Patrik Twardzik, Callum McGregor, Joe Chalmers, Marcus Fraser and Paul George are all in the squad to play Rennes.

Hooper, Sammy, El Kad and Commons are out along with the others that have been out lately ie. Izzy, Brooney

Last edited:

Young Bhoys Patrik Twardzik, Callum McGregor, Joe Chalmers, Marcus Fraser and Paul George are all in the squad to play Rennes.

Hooper, Sammy, El Kad and Commons are out along with the others that have been out lately ie. Izzy, Brooney

Hope Lenny gives a few a run out, especially Paul George :)

---------- Post added 20/10/2011 at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was 19/10/2011 at 07:11 PM ----------

From the Celtic Website

20 October 2011
UEFA Europa League
Stade de la Route de Lorient
Att: 21,825

RENNES 1
(Cha 30)

CELTIC 1
(Ledley 70)

JOE Ledley’s second-half equaliser sealed a share of the points as Celtic came from behind to draw 1-1 with Renne in the third match of the UEFA Europa League.

A defensive mix-up 30 minutes in gifted the home side the lead after Cha Du Ri slid the ball into his own net, but a spirited and composed display brought the Hoops back into the match to pick up a well-deserved point.

Neil Lennon had made two changes to the side, bringing in Victor Wanyama and Glenn Loovens while Daniel Majstorovic dropped to the bench and Gary Hooper missed out through injury.

Ki Sung Yueng had the first chance, just seconds into the match, before Wanyama cleared the danger from the feet of Abdoulrazak Boukari at the opposite end.

And the Kenyan was there to block another attack on 15 minutes, this time Boukari had turned provider, back-heeling a crafty pass to Youssouf Hadji in the middle of the box.

Nine minutes later Celtic had a good opportunity to open the scoring when lone-striker Anthony Stokes skipped past Kader Mangane, but Rennes keeper, Benoit Costil, knocked it over the bar.

The Hoops were playing a good passing game, with their next attack coming almost immediately, this time with Ki driving a low effort just passed the near post.

But their efforts were squandered on 30 minutes by a piece of slack defending. Cha, the only outfield player in Celtic’s half, made a pass-back to Fraser Forster, but his touch went beyond the keeper and both could do nothing but watch as it agonisingly crawled over the line, gifting Rennes the lead.

And clearly boosted by the goal, the home side attacked three minutes later, with Alexander Tettey crossing the ball to Hadji. There was relief for Celtic, though, as the striker headed it over the bar.

Rennes went into the break with the goal advantage and almost went two ahead on 49 minutes. Tettey showed great strength inside the box but was eventually closed down by Loovens and Wanyama, with the Dutchman turning the ball away from his feet and clearing the danger.

Forster then blocked another chance for the home side, deflecting Chris Mavinga’s shot passed the post after Julien Feret had slid the ball into his feet at the edge of the box.

Substitute Jonathan Pitroipa posed an immediate threat, outpacing Adam Matthews and then setting up Hadji, but Rennes couldn’t find a second goal.

Stokes had another opportunity at the opposite end just after the hour mark, this time playing a one-two with Cha. With space inside the box he unleashed an effort but directed it straight at the keeper, who punched it clear.

Cha was involved again a minute later, forcing Costil to parry his shot away, only for it to fall at the feet of Ki. The midfielder couldn’t keep it on target, though, and powerfully hit it just over the crossbar.

Celtic were getting more of the ball as the second-half progressed and their hard-work paid off on 70 minutes when Ledley headed in the equaliser.

Captain for the evening, Charlie Mulgrew, swung in a free-kick from the right flank and the Welshman made a good connection, curling it past Costil and into the top corner of the net.

And five minutes later Mulgrew lined up another free-kick, this time more central and 30-yards from goal. He took it himself but despite the keeper missing it, it went beyond his left post.

Hadji had the chance to seal the victory for Rennes on 80 minutes with a spectacular overhead kick, but Forster pulled off a magnificent save to keep Celtic in the game.

Stokes showed great control in midfield keeping a hold of the ball before playing a one-two with Ki, but as he was played onside Magane slid in with a well-timed challenge to clear the ball from his feet.

Hadji almost struck a winner inside injury time, but again, Forster punched the ball clear for Celtic to seal a share of the points.

RENNES (4-1-3-1-2): Costil; Jebbour, Mangane, Kana-Biyik, Mavinga (Theophile-Catherine 76); Tettey; Pajot, Brahimi (Pitroipa 58), Feret; Boukari (Kembo-Ekoko 58), Hadji
Subs not used: Diallo, Dalmat, Montano, Doumbia

CELTIC (4-2-3-1): Forster; Matthews, Loovens, Mulgrew, Ledley; Kayal, Wanyama; Cha, Ki (Bangura 89), Forrest; Stokes
Subs not used: Zaluska, Majstorovic, Wilson, McCourt, George, McGregor

Website man of the match: Victor Wanyama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good result for the bhoys. Never saw the game so can't comment on the goals but heard Cha Du Ri's og was horrendous.

Cha and Forster where both at fault for the og. Absolute disgrace.
Other than that though the team did well. I think Lenny should have went for the win though and brought Paddy on late on. I think we should take them at home.

Cha and Forster where both at fault for the og. Absolute disgrace.
Other than that though the team did well. I think Lenny should have went for the win though and brought Paddy on late on. I think we should take them at home.

Watched the game, the og was laughable (carling cup final like :()

You should win at parkhead though.