The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
How is that not given offside.... linesman must be blind.

Great STRIKERS finish from Walcott.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Absolute woeful defending from Clichy for Eduardo's goal.

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Theo looked very lively tonight.

Clichy makes these mistakes too often.

Good finish from Walcott. I'd like to see him up front more.

Excellent play fron Didier to win the penalty, i said he didn't dive anymore but he didn't need to that was a stonewaller.

YoungGunsBlog RT Gingers4Limpar

Arsenal have three English players in the starting lineup. (Two home grown) Chelsea only have one, and he was developed at Arsenal.

good to see Ronaldo still play acting, dosen't he know he looks like a absolute c**t when he does it and he dosen't need to.

good to see Ronaldo still play acting, dosen't he know he looks like a absolute c**t when he does it and he dosen't need to.
Shut up you troll, go back and sit in your armchair.

Shut up you troll, go back and sit in your armchair.

Don't see how thats trolling to be honest, Ronaldo's play acting against Milan was all of three things; embarrassing, pointless, and downright stupid.

I'm a troll, i will go back and sit in my armchair.

Your trolled more than Cjacko has he wrote the truth. CR7 looked a right **** holding his face like he was punched in the face

Loved Ancelotti's interview after the game on sky.

Interviewer: What was the thinking for leaving Terry on out the team

Ancelotti: In Italy when we win we don't change the team

Interwiewer: So Terry is out for the Liverpool game.. Really?

Ancelotti: No.

Haha the man is just world class.

Has anybody even seen Carlos Martins carrying Benfica with 4 assists? And what about Coentrao, scoring 2 goals? Europe is going nuts over our own Fabinho, and actually, I dont picture a team who wouldn't need him. I underline my opinion that we have the best Left Winger (and by winger I mean on the entire wing, from the DLine to the Attack) in the World. With only César Peixoto (super flop) behind him, he created chances, stopped chances, ran, went in (almost) impossible physical encounters, and scored.

Anyhow, Benfica 4-3 Lyon, with the home team completely dominating the first half of the match. Got complacent, and suffered 3. In all honesty, if the Game had 110min we would have lost it. First half showed last year's team, tho.

Has anybody even seen Carlos Martins carrying Benfica with 4 assists? And what about Coentrao, scoring 2 goals? Europe is going nuts over our own Fabinho, and actually, I dont picture a team who wouldn't need him. I underline my opinion that we have the best Left Winger (and by winger I mean on the entire wing, from the DLine to the Attack) in the World. With only César Peixoto (super flop) behind him, he created chances, stopped chances, ran, went in (almost) impossible physical encounters, and scored.

Anyhow, Benfica 4-3 Lyon, with the home team completely dominating the first half of the match. Got complacent, and suffered 3. In all honesty, if the Game had 110min we would have lost it. First half showed last year's team, tho.

How are you coping without Ramires mate and does he still get talked about at Benfica?

Ramires looks like nothing more than an expensive grafter tbh. Obviously it's early days but I can't see him making too much of a difference to the midfield. Had a shocker against City.

How are you coping without Ramires mate and does he still get talked about at Benfica?

We miss Rami almost more than we miss Di Maria. The Kenyan was the kind of player every team needs to have, a work horse, the boy is just everywhere. Midfield is a bit shaky, although we have complete faith in Carlos Martins (the most slept-on Portuguese player) to hold it down, witch he has done. Javi Garcia has been out of form, but he is a terrific player when he's playing to his potential. We have been struggling, but the team's getting on its track now.

I'll tell you how we are coping after this Sunday, Porto - Benfica:S

Ramires looks like nothing more than an expensive grafter tbh. Obviously it's early days but I can't see him making too much of a difference to the midfield. Had a shocker against City.

We can't be referring to the same Ramires, then.

But Essien and Mikel had a shocker aganst City also, we were beaten in the midfield. He had a excellent game against Arsenal and played pretty well last night aswell.

Arsenal dont deserve a match thread after the weekend

Uefa Champions League
Venue: Estadio Municipal de Braga Date: Tuesday 23 November Kick-off: 1945 GMT Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live and Sky Sports 2

Arsenal will rest Robin van Persie and Andrey Arshavin for the Champions League trip to Braga, while Gael Clichy is also out because of a back problem. England left-back Kieran Gibbs looks set to start, while Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner is in contention for a start after his groin injury.
Manager Arsene Wenger is unlikely to risk captain Cesc Fabregas, who has hamstring problems.
Arsenal beat Braga 6-0 in September and could seal a last-16 spot on Tuesday.
However, Wenger has warned his team not to be complacent against the Portuguese side who beat Celtic and Sevilla in the tournament's qualifiers.
The Gunners let their lead slip in their 2-1 Champions League match at Shakhtar Donetsk a fortnight ago and lost 3-2 at home to north London rivals Tottenham on Saturday, having been 2-0 up.
"Braga has a good side that in the first 20 minutes of the home game impressed me," said Wenger.
"With what happened to us against Spurs everyone will be focused and want to perform at our best.
"We know we have an opportunity to qualify and people expect us also to bounce back."
Wenger said the injury to Fabregas, who played in Saturday's home defeat against Tottenham, was improving but he did not want to risk him against Braga.
"We cannot afford to lose him, so I check every morning of the game how he is and we monitor him quite well, but it [the injury] is on the way up," he stated.
"Sometimes after the game he has a little recurrence, but at the moment I do not want to take a massive gamble."
The Arsenal manager also believes Fabregas's hamstring problems, which kept him out for nearly a month between September and October, has affected the Spaniard's state of mind.
"He was out for a while and had a recurrence of his hamstring problem, then it gets in your head," said Wenger.
"When it gets in your head, it is difficult to play free of your mind.
"I feel it is getting better in every match, from game to game he becomes stronger."
Wenger also said striker Van Persie was not yet back to full fitness after injuring his ankle in August but was being put through his paces in training.
"He is not in a condition physically to fight in the top-level games, so I take advantage of that to make him work very hard," he stated.
"If I go to Braga with him and put him on when he is not 100% on the bench and does not come on, it is a waste of time for three days."
Arsenal will also be without Manuel Almunia (elbow) and Abou Diaby (ankle) for the trip to Portugal.
Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles) is also on the casualty list, while Aaron Ramsey is continuing his rehabilitation from a broken leg.

Back