The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Kaka can jog on. Whilst Higuain is injured play Marcelo (LW) Ozil(CAM) Di Maria (RW) and Ronaldo as the number 9 and then when Higuain is fit (probably next season) push Marcelo back to left back

Well Benzema has 6 goals in 3 games so he's not going to get dropped, and Kaka is still a phenomenal player - just been dogged by injuries.

Marcelo is much better at left wingback. You can't push him in the LW. Ronaldo needs space and freedom in the left wing and middle. He cuts inside and shoots...he has both feet very good. So he can dribble and cross with left foot too.

Great first half. Marcelo is probly the best attacking left back in the world. Ronaldo got an assist. Still hoping for a goal for him. Marcelo and Ronaldo good combination and both are playing great. The match is not over bur im really happy with it so far.

Well Benzema has 6 goals in 3 games so he's not going to get dropped, and Kaka is still a phenomenal player - just been dogged by injuries.

Yep i agree that since the first leg with Lyon Benzema has been in good form but I think he can be to hit and miss eg the last year and a half. As for Kaka he is obviously still a quality player but I would rather have Ozil, in Spain I think it suits his game more.

Barca V Madrid
Chelsea V Man U
Inter V Spurs
Schalke V Shakhtar

Now that would be a good draw

Real Madrid vs Tottenham Hotspur
Barcelona vs Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Inter Milan
Chelsea vs Schalke

My prediction on the draw for Friday..

Schalke v Barca
Shakhtar v Inter
Spurs v Man Utd
Kobenhavn v Lyon

With Schalke, Shakhtar, Spurs and Kobenhavn to win.

Real Madrid vs Tottenham Hotspur
Barcelona vs Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Inter Milan
Chelsea vs Schalke

My prediction on the draw for Friday..

I dont mind as long as Barcelona play Man Utd. That would be a quality game...... won by Barcelona |)

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

I think I should take back what I said about Benzema :S

Benzema you legend, great finish - was never in doubt.

Madrid 2-0 Lyon - game over for me.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Real Madrid 3-0 Lyon - Di Maria

Great little finish, rubber stamped now. Real are in the Quarter Finals for the first time in 7 seasons!

Manchester United vs Real Madrid
Barcelona vs Spurs
Schalke vs Shactar
Chelsea vs Inter Milan

Barcelona vs Shaktar Donetstk
Schalke vs Inter Milan
Manchester United vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Took Madrid long enough, but they'll capitulate anyways, I think Mou's magic is running thin. :D

Barcelona vs Shaktar Donetstk
Schalke vs Inter Milan
Manchester United vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Took Madrid long enough, but they'll capitulate anyways, I think Mou's magic is running thin. :D

Real will make the definitely make the semis IMO if they avoid Barca in the draw. If they draw Barca, then I have no clue who would progress.

I will be happy to play anyone in the knockout stages appart from Real Madrid. I just think over 2 legs a side managed by Mourinho are too hard to beat and i would rather play them in a one off game i.e the final.

I have a soft spot for Schalke after spending some cool times in Gelsenkirchen. I also quite like Shakhtar because of some of their players.

Im hoping they either draw each other so at least one of them can go through or that Schalke beat Chelsea and Shakhtar beat Man United.

That is because some of the Man U/Chelsea supporting friends want those two teams as they think they can walk all over them. Even though Chelsea playing ***** boring football in Europe

I also hope Barca get Spurs and Spurs go through. I would love an all S final. Spurs/Shakhtar/Schalke in there somewhere.

Well I meant they will eventually capitulate, not at the Ro8

I disagree. They will go all the way IMO, and if they draw Barca before the final I think they will still have a massive chance. They don't look to me like capitulating. How you get that from a 3-0 win over a very good Lyon side is beyond me.

I disagree. They will go all the way IMO, and if they draw Barca before the final I think they will still have a massive chance. They don't look to me like capitulating. How you get that from a 3-0 win over a very good Lyon side is beyond me.

Well my opinion is entirely bias obviously if you hadn't taken the hint beforehand...

My Predictions

Schalke vs Real Madrid
Man U vs Chelsea
Shaktar vs Tottenham
Barcelona vs Inter

Some nice pairings there, and Raul playing again at Santiago Bernabeu....

Barca could have that "rematch" against Inter, and well, Man U vs Chelsea, what can one say about that, JUST EPIC

Being a united fan obviously the teams to avoid are Madrid and barca I also think shakter are a dark horse. But I would love vidic to go right through Ronaldo and take the baby out!!!

My Prediction.

Real Vs Man Utd

Barcelon Vs Chelsea

Spurs V Inter

Sharktar Vs Schalke

Ronaldo back at United, and Mourihno V Fergie again.

No love lost etween Barca and Chelsea

Rematch from the amazing group game.

The under dogs.

Back