The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Real finally went 4-2-3-1 (like i suggested before the first leg) and got a lot more out of it than last time round

Didn't see if ball was moving or not, but still if it was still it was second time he hanged around less than meter from ball.

I know people love to praise Barca so much but they just annoy me so much. Why dive so much if you can be the best already?? Seriously they need to cut this out because its laughable and its making them an easy target.

I have to say, Barca again deserved to win, it's just embarrassing that they can't take a challenge. As a United fan, I am more worried about their play acting than their football at the moment. I'm sure they will dial it down when it isn't against Real Madrid, but it is still a concern. I don't understand how they are immune to bookings too? Last I checked, deliberately stopping someone from taking a quick free kick was a yellow card offence?

And surprisingly (as a Utd fan), I'm not a big fan of Ronaldo, but he got absolutely no decisions today (though I only saw the 2nd half). He actually tried his utmost to stay on his feet, rode a bad challenge and then was brought down by another, yet the ref didn't go back to the original offence. There was no advantage whatsoever, I'm hardly surprised that players like him go down all the time when things like that happen.

I really hope we give them a good game should we reach the final

Deserved win over the two legs for Barca. In the end two bits of individual brilliance have won it for Barca. Messi in the first leg, and Iniesta's pass to Pedro.

However, I must say I didn't really notice how much Mascherano cheats up until now. Honestly it was a pretty embarassing, must have learnt a few new tricks while at Barca.

If United go through I'll be backing them to win it. Barca are brilliant, yes. But I can't stand the way they conduct themselves on the pitch, bar Xavi.

I am geniunely more worried about they playacting than their skills should we meet them. United arent massively cynical (except vidic at times) but we wont shy away from a needed tackle, and i think we could suffer because of it

I am geniunely more worried about they playacting than their skills should we meet them. United arent massively cynical (except vidic at times) but we wont shy away from a needed tackle, and i think we could suffer because of it

And Scholes. I guarantee if United get through, Scholes will not start. His pace and awful tackling against Xavi and Iniesta.

It's a shame, as I think Barcelona play the world's best football and are probably the best team in the world bar none. But why do some of their players try their hardest to get opponents sent off? It's a disgrace the way some of them roll around on the floor acting like the ref should read them their last rites instead of booking the player.

I know it's an important match, against your biggest rivals and you want an edge but really? Is it necessary?

I have to say, Barca again deserved to win, it's just embarrassing that they can't take a challenge. As a United fan, I am more worried about their play acting than their football at the moment. I'm sure they will dial it down when it isn't against Real Madrid, but it is still a concern. I don't understand how they are immune to bookings too? Last I checked, deliberately stopping someone from taking a quick free kick was a yellow card offence?

And surprisingly (as a Utd fan), I'm not a big fan of Ronaldo, but he got absolutely no decisions today (though I only saw the 2nd half). He actually tried his utmost to stay on his feet, rode a bad challenge and then was brought down by another, yet the ref didn't go back to the original offence. There was no advantage whatsoever, I'm hardly surprised that players like him go down all the time when things like that happen.

I really hope we give them a good game should we reach the final

Ronaldo wasn't exactly a saint either. He dived 2+ times. But despite my dislike of Man Utd, I hope they go out victorious in the final after seeing these Barca players dive like they have.

And Scholes. I guarantee if United get through, Scholes will not start. His pace and awful tackling against Xavi and Iniesta.

if scholes starts he wont the DMC he will be the MC, but i agree i cant see him starting, nor nani actually. park and valencia will probably start

Ronaldo wasn't exactly a saint either. He dived 2+ times. But despite my dislike of Man Utd, I hope they go out victorious in the final after seeing these Barca players dive like they have.

Well Messi dived even couple times more than Ronaldo. And suprise suprise every time he goes down there's a freekick.

Couldn't agree more, and they'll do their absolute best to wind up Rooney aswell. I keep forgetting they aren't allowed to tackle properly in European competitions. As much as a mouth watering final it's going to be (if all goes according to plan), I have a sickening feeling that Barca will pull every trick out of the book to con the ref win the game by fair means or foul.

Oh I'm not defending Ronaldo in the slightest. I hate to see any form of cheating, but unfortunately it is an ever growing part of the modern game. I would have really struggled to keep my cool with players rolling around left, right and centre, but I think Ronaldo came out of the game with a bit of dignity. I can see our english mentality at United becoming a problem if Barca resort to these theatrics against us

And the award for the world's WORST acting goes to...

.... MASCHERANO
for his really bad acting in the El Classico, the 2nd semi final leg of the Champions League.

And the award for the world's WORST acting goes to...

.... MASCHERANO
for his really bad acting in the El Classico, the 2nd semi final leg of the Champions League.

He may not have fooled us, but he certainly fooled the ref. Maybe we should nominate him for the oscars instead :D

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Mascherano wasn't like this in Liverpool. He learned all the cheating tricks in Barcelona".

Back