The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
If they dived that bad against Madrid, what will happen against us? Will they all simultaneously collapse to the floor crying their eyes out holding the opposite leg as soon as Vidic even moves?

Well they can't all simultaneously collapse because then there would be no one to surround the referee asking for cards.

I really fear for United if it's even half as bad as what I saw over the two legs.

Vidic and Fletcher will be lucky to play 90 mins and Scholes wont even stay for 15 mins if he starts. I'm really worried about play acting and how they hound the ref. Hope Rio gives them nice pounding when some fight breaks..

You have to understand that matches between Madrid and Barça go beyond football. I'm not sure they'd act the same way against United, time will tell.

#mufc team via @CliveTyldesley: VDS Rafael Evans Smalling O'Shea Nani Gibson Scholes Anderson Valencia Berbatov

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

You have to understand that matches between Madrid and Barça go beyond football. I'm not sure they'd act the same way against United, time will tell.

I'm sure they did against Arsenal too. Not as much as against Madrid, still they did.

I'm sure they did against Arsenal too. Not as much as against Madrid, still they did.

That's the, well, 'usual' diving. Most clubs do it. Doesn't mean I like it or condone it, though.

After the anti-footballing disgrace that Barcelona set on Madrid last night and in the first leg, the bullcrap they did has made me offload my fidelity with Barcelona until Josep Guardiola is gone. That man has encouraged the disgraceful tomfoolery that has turned me away, it puts Catalunya to shame to win with a guilty conscience.

Old news, just a reminder:

UEFA Champions League 2010/2011 Team of the season.

GK: Edwin van der Sar

RB: Darijo Srna

CBs: Nemanja Vidić, Gerard Pique

LB: Marcelo

Midfielders: Mesut Özil, Ryan Giggs, Andres Iniesta, Gareth Bale

Strikers: Lionel Messi, Raul

"UEFA's Dream Team / Best Eleven in the champions league in the season 2010/2011"

Raúl, or as he is known "auf Schalke" Raúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúl, in the CL Best Eleven? FANTASTIC! :wub:

FCK are in the Champions League group play after beating Shamrock Rovers 3-0 on aggregate. OB is in the play-off round of qualification where they could be paired up with a team like Arsenal or Bayern Munich after beating Panathinaikos 5-4 on aggregate.

Would be pretty huge to have 2 Danish teams in the Champions League, but the chances of OB winning in the play-off round are extremely slim.

Except that Kobenhavn still have to play in the play-off round, though I'm sure they'll beat their opponents there and go through. After all, they will win the Champions League this time.

Except that Kobenhavn still have to play in the play-off round, though I'm sure they'll beat their opponents there and go through. After all, they will win the Champions League this time.

The system is really confusing. Who's champion route? Who's league route? Who's seeded? Who's not seeded?

FCK are seeded champions, so they have to meet an unseeded champion, I think. Which are mostly not very good, I think.

Thank you Malmö :wub: 1-1 vs Rangers, 2-1 on aggregate. What a goal by Hamad too. Now HJK just need to clear off Dinamo.

so the playoff draw is tomorrow this is who we can get

Rubin Kazan, Udinese, Odense, Twente or FC Zürich

DO NOT want Rubin the others we could beat tbh

If I were you'd I'd want to try and avoid Udinese.. Excellent counter attacking side very capable of causing damage.

so the playoff draw is tomorrow this is who we can get

Rubin Kazan, Udinese, Odense, Twente or FC Zürich

DO NOT want Rubin the others we could beat tbh

You dont want Udinese either, and probably not Twente.

My preference would be Odense, but I would be very comfortable with Twente or Zurich also.

Udinese are my biggest worry.

I actually hope arsenal avoid Udinese, really want to see them in the CL

Back