The Champions League Discussion Thread

Gareth Bale has Maicon in his pocket!

Walks past him every time as if he's not even there.

Modric is bossing it, lovely assist for vdV.

COYS

Benfica 3-0 up courtesy of Javi Garcia.

Maicon looks like he's lost his legs IMO.

Bale is beating him every single time.

Maicon who?
not watching the game, whats his positioning like, because thats where rafael did really well against bale, gave him little to run at

not watching the game, whats his positioning like, because thats where rafael did really well against bale, gave him little to run at

Poor - Too square, isn't showing Bale onto his weaker foot at all, so instead of being forced inside like Utd, he just knocks it past Maicon and beats him all ends down every time.

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Far Far Far Far Far too easy for Spurs. Peter Crouch makes it two - Bale picks it up around 40 yards out, and makes Biabany and Maicon look like old men - Running past and away from them to the byline, from where he whips the ball into the far post for Crouch to tap in. Maicon didn't look bothered, Biabany looked slow.

Game looks over.

Bale makes Maicon look a mug again, but one of the 5 officials disallows Crouch's second goal - The ball crossed the line as Bale tried to keep it in going past Maicon.

Rafael is better than Maicon he kept Bale in his pocket XD
i wouldnt go that far. but perhaps this doesnt bode well for maicon internationally. already lost his place in brazil to alves, and the other right back in the side is rafael, pressure is on him

i wouldnt go that far. but perhaps this doesnt bode well for maicon internationally. already lost his place in brazil to alves, and the other right back in the side is rafael, pressure is on him
Joking a bit :) Bale is destroying Maicon

Not getting any younger too. I think now I'd have Alves over him.

Gallas in an identical situation to the one Maicon has been in several times - Eto'o wins the first ball, Gallas catches up with him, shows him inside, then is simply stronger than him (Maybe a foul) when the Cameroonian tries to go past him, and Gallas isn't even a RB!

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Not getting any younger too. I think now I'd have Alves over him.

So would I, but if Rafael isn't considered ready, solution could be Maicon at RB, Alves at RW.

Think Rafael should be given a chance though. As well as Denilson :wub:

Sorry for going off topic!

benfica 4-1 lyon fourth assist from carlos martins and secon goal from coentrão
kardec
coentrão
javi garcia
coentrão

gourcuff

Last edited:
That's another difference, Lennon has been present all the way down the right side, helping the RB at the back, with RB also linking up with him further forward.

Substitution from Benitez is too late, it's like-for-like but Milito is far better than Pandev (Is GP just chosen because of his versatility? - I.e. can play LW?)

benfica 4-0 lyon fourth assist from carlos martins and secon goal from coentrão
kardec
coentrão
javi garcia
coentrão

Coentrao and Bale are having their own little battle aren't they? :wub: Coentrao, but Bale has been in superb form.

Awful dive from Lennon, unnecessary, and he didn't even make it look good - Just throws himself on the ground Ronaldo style.

Coentrao and Bale are having their own little battle aren't they? :wub: Coentrao, but Bale has been in superb form.

Awful dive from Lennon, unnecessary, and he didn't even make it look good - Just throws himself on the ground Ronaldo style.

Wich is the score of the totenham game