The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Aliton :P . apoel playing if not good, but great in the cl.

Gomez bags a hat trick and a lot of people still hate him...

I can't understand why people dislike Gomez, if he was 5''7 and had his record he would be labelled a sensation. The problem with him is he isn't your typical 'big man' and he's essentially a 6 foot 3 poacher who's asset is finishing.

I mean if people take a minute to appreciate his positioning/movement and stop looking at his rather lumbering demeanor they might realize what an absolutely fantastic striker he is.

Badstuber really is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a talented CB especially compared to Howedes at Schalke. The guy has had long enough in my opinion for National and Domestic team, he just lacks the pace and the mental awareness to play at the highest level. Bayern's biggest liability by far going forward, Napoli showed they aren't a pushover tonight as well.

A word on Federico Fernandez who, bar the odd Argentinian league follower and FM fanatic, not many people in Europe had a clue about bagging a brace for Napoli at the Allianz Arena. Fantastic display by the young Argentine CB.

Speaking of Argentine CB's Villareal's pair, Gonzalo and Musachhio, had a horror show. Without Bruno they just got exposed, perhaps Musacchio was unlucky on the Balotelli penalty but overall they just got over ran constantly.

Garrido will probably get sacked in the coming days, I certainly never compared him to be the prodigy of Pellegrini in fact far from it... I applaud the appointment and direction shown by Villareal in appointing a B team coach but it just has not worked out. It wouldn't surprise me to see Luis Enrique/Laudrup in the front running to take over, either one would appease me.

As for APOEL beating Porto, Vitor Pereira admitted himself post game he was 'perplexed' by the result. The fact that they are now essentially relying on James Rodriguez and Kleber in the first team and no one really behind them shows that Da Costa did not strengthen enough in the summer, already talk of Rudnevs possibly coming in.

All in all, a pretty exciting matchday in the Champions League... Who says the Group Stage is boring? Can't see them saying that after this week anyway.

I don't think rational people hate Gomez, it'd take a fair share of idiocy to do so. He's tailor made to put the ball in the back of the net in any possible way. He will not dribble past the whole opposing team, but he doesn't have to either. He's one of the best at what he does and that's more than enough to make him a terrifying sight for any keeper.

Fernandez is hardly a prodigy but he's been one of the better CBs in Argentina for a while and I'm glad he's making his mark in Europe, getting games against the likes of Bayern (never mind getting a brace) will only make him a better player, as both the experience, and in this case the confidence, should do wonders for him. He's still young and I've got hopes for him. And if Argentina is to succeed in an international competitions, we sure need the current crop of CBs to improve.

i liked him alot when he was at stugart ,a dn when i was heavily intersested in the Bundesliga. was more happier when he moved to Bayern Munich, my fav german club :P

I think group E will be quite tough with Chelsea drawing and Leverkusen losing. The next match day will be quite exciting

It's been close, all the groups, to be honest. I'm really surprised Real Madrid are the only team to have won all their Champions League group games; especially as they do have 'arch-enemy' (knocked the Galaticos out before) Lyon! Looking forward to the next match day, though, it should be interesting.

It's been close, all the groups, to be honest. I'm really surprised Real Madrid are the only team to have won all their Champions League group games; especially as they do have 'arch-enemy' (knocked the Galaticos out before) Lyon! Looking forward to the next match day, though, it should be interesting.

"Arch Enemy" really? :S

Hamsik's wife's been carjacked, their team hotel has been set on fire, Lavezzi's been accused of having a love child with a prostitute, De La's being accused by Naples mafia bosses of being complicit in drug deals taking place at Napoli games, Pandev is essentially on one leg and Gargano isn't close to being 100%. So ideal preparation for Napoli...

City genuinely will never have a better chance than this to beat Napoli tonight. De La was quoted in saying he would 'love to bring Aguero to Naples soon but City will never let that happen', I never realized he had a spare 60 million down the back of his couch anyway to be honest.

If City can't beat Napoli, a team which is better away from home, in Naples tonight I'm not exactly sure where that leaves them Europe wise going forward. A simple 4-2-3-1 premiership style tactic would overpower Napoli, without Gargano they do lack that pace and tenacity in the midfield which should free up Silva/Aguero.

If this game ends 0-0 I will be shocked, expecting goals.

Kolarov had a stinker. De Jong couldn't pass properly. Bad day at the office. 3-4 missed CCC's. Now HAVE to beat Bayern, and NEED Villareal to get something. Or it's hello Europa. Quite ironic that Mancini was comparing them to Barcelona.

This means City no longer have their fate in their own hands, a Napoli win and boom simple as that City are out. Wow. Kudos to Napoli though they fought hard and could easily have won by an even greater margin.

This means City no longer have their fate in their own hands, a Napoli win and boom simple as that City are out. Wow. Kudos to Napoli though they fought hard and could easily have won by an even greater margin.

Was amazing how exposed they left city at times. Lescott was being pulled everywhere. The FB's were going forward without a care

And i will say it again. Underestimate Napoli at your peril. Fancied them and Bayern to go through, looking like the case

not a good night for the manchester clubs.

as expected, imo. its really hard to beat a Portuguese team at their home soil somehow in the CL games. as for Napoli, im not surised at all XD Napoli are good team glad they came to CL this time.

its either they are going back to EL now or they end up last XD. im going for Muncih and Napoli through the last 16

Wow. Apparently Abou Diaby has made the side to face Dortmund tomorrow (or today for some of you:D). Should be an interesting game ahead.

2nd or 3rd in the table team beat ManCity who are first in the league. Serie A >> Premier league. Well thats how it went here when Spurs knocked out Milan last season.

Plaermo you ******* idiots, sold Cavani for 15 Million. His left boot is worth that much.

Back