The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Desperate for Chelsea and the Gunners to get a nice draw. In fact would be great if they got to the semi's. If that's possible

who ever it will be, i dont wanna meet [in the later rounds] barca again. i know it will be a great match, and yea we can win them, but the camp nou leg is hard to watch sometimes.

Last edited:
Here's the draw:

Lyon v APOEL Nicosia
Napoli v Chelsea
AC Milan v Arsenal
Basel v Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona
CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid
Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica
Marseille v Inter

It is getting ridiculous... after that 1-7 against Dynamo Zagreb Lyon gets the ''weakest'' team. I do not mean that Apoel are weak, they proved that they are not, are they. But I hoped Lyon will get Barca, Chelsea or Bayern.

The most interesting game will be of course Milan v Arsenal. I expect a lot of goals in Marsellie v Inter. Napoli v Chelsea is unpredictable for me.

who ever it will be, i dont wanna meet [in the later rounds] barca again. i know it will be a great match, and yea we can win them, but the camp nou leg is hard to watch sometimes.

You mean watching those cheating midgets is hard. :D

BENFICA GOT ZENIT!
There are no easy teams for us, but I'd say it's the best we could get, we did avoid AC Milan and teams alike.

And Lyon getting APOEL? I'd say it's weird after a 7-1 win over Dinamo while Ajax had 2 wrongly disallowed goals. but hey, look at UEFA's president, he ain't suspicious at all!

Why?

AC Milan are beatable, we beat them in 2008 and if spurs can beat them we can do it again ;)

Their forwards were in **** form against Spurs. They should have won them and gone through.

Still I think Arsenal are going through. RVP on form + Walcott's and Gervinho's pace is just too much for Milan. Abate can handle things in RB role, but LB is so vulnerable.

Ibra just needs to be shackled and that's it. He's currently creating most of the chances that if he's out of the game then it's over.

Meh. It might have been more dangerous had we drawn someone like Napoli. Milan are a good side no doubt but they're beatable. Like Quasit said above, the key has to be to isolate Ibrahimovic.

Their forwards were in **** form against Spurs. They should have won them and gone through.

Still I think Arsenal are going through. RVP on form + Walcott's and Gervinho's pace is just too much for Milan. Abate can handle things in RB role, but LB is so vulnerable.

Ibra just needs to be shackled and that's it. He's currently creating most of the chances that if he's out of the game then it's over.

Who you going to want to go through since you support both lol?

I think Arsenal will go through tbh. AC havent done well in recent years against English opposition got knocked out by spurs last season and utd the year before and also Arsenal knocked them out what four years ago. I dont think AC are as good as a few seasons ago. Mike. is right I would rather Chelsea got AC than Napoli.

AC milan haven't been great in the last 16 so far. like losing to spurs ,and also manU previously . thus arsenals wining record against Italians is good, if not, great!!!

and yeah were where the first english club to win at the san siro, so take pride on that (together with winning at the bernabau too ;))

but trying not be a 'complacent ****' on this draw. we just have to give it our best at all times.

COYG (H) !!!!!

Well kind of Arsenal cos I've seen Milan win that trophy so many times already :D

and sometimes they just dont play well, thus they are LOLs ;). imo juventus might win the seria a this time. :)

AC milan haven't been great in the last 16 so far. like losing to spurs ,and also manU previously . thus arsenals wining record against Italians is good, if not, great!!!

and yeah were where the first english club to win at the san siro, so take pride on that (together with winning at the bernabau too ;))

but trying not be a 'complacent ****' on this draw. we just have to give it our best at all times.

COYG (H) !!!!!

Hoping to see the Arsenal match on terristrial TV-want to see how well Arteta does. If he starts he's going to be proud as punch-and so he should be.

Hoping to see the Arsenal match on terristrial TV-want to see how well Arteta does. If he starts he's going to be proud as punch-and so he should be.

and watch manu and city game on channel 5 every Thursday night ! ;)

me be trolling XD

Last edited:
Back