The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Wow. I think those Madrid guys need to be put on some Pen training! Great job by Neuer, and fully deserve it in the final.

Going to be amazing seeing them against Chelsea, Munich were the better side over Madrid overall, solid team.

Great seeing a reserve team final?

Torres to score in the 92nd minute on a counter and clinch the final. That's what I'm going with.

Neuer is freaking wall...best GK I ve seen. And first time I watched him was at Under 19 EU championship where he made Germany champions when saving around 10 goals from Italy - Giovinco and Balloteli were hopeless. Today he made Ronaldo and Kaka feel in the same way.

Both teams have a brilliant chance of winning the UCL. I'm still going for a Chelsea win even though quite a few important players will be out. Should make for a cracking final though.

good job neuer, i will forever stan you in FM12 lololol

kaka flops as usual.
so much for 130 mil pounds combined

Always thought Bayern would get through, fantastic team to be honest. Over the two legs they fully deserved it. Toni Kroos is the stand out man for me, the way he was finding space and supplying Gomez shows what a class player he is, keeping Muller out of the team. I also think Alaba looks like a fantastic prospect, Luiz Gustavo had a great game amongst others.

Yeah the running from the whole team was impressive, but the composure of Schweinsteiger to stick the last pen away was impressive. Quite interesting considering the whole "Spanish league is the best" crowd this season, who seem to entirely forget that Chelsea and Bayern are both not in a shot for their respective league and yet have shown how it's done. Think it should be a wake up call for the TV rights distribution in for La Liga. If they want a competitive structure they need to have the money filter down.

I beg to differ, like 3 of Bayern's starters are suspended for the final .

Rafinha for Alaba, Tymoschyk for Gustavo and Van Buyten for Badstuber. Not as good, but wouldn't call these players reserve players.

I beg to differ, like 3 of Bayern's starters are suspended for the final .

Well, just to respond to your original quote, I agree it'd be great to see full strength teams, but until they change the rules it isn't happening. Bayern and Chelsea will be both without key men, but they both have decent squads, and perhaps people sat on the bench all season might just want to use that stored up energy and show what they can do.

I don't know what you're trying to say, is it that you disagree with the yellow card ruling for final? Or that you feel Barca and Real would have been better teams to go through?

Rafinha for Alaba, Tymoschyk for Gustavo and Van Buyten for Badstuber. Not as good, but wouldn't call these players reserve players.

true,
not like the other 3 was really class anyways. Don't get me wrong, they're very good, but for chelsea, they've always depended upon their back 4, and now.... :/

true,
not like the other 3 was really class anyways. Don't get me wrong, they're very good, but for chelsea, they've always depended upon their back 4, and now.... :/

Yea as I said Chelsea are whole different story. Dont know about Luiz's injury or what has been said about Cahill how long he's going to be out.

But player they are going to need really much is Ramires.

Well, just to respond to your original quote, I agree it'd be great to see full strength teams, but until they change the rules it isn't happening. Bayern and Chelsea will be both without key men, but they both have decent squads, and perhaps people sat on the bench all season might just want to use that stored up energy and show what they can do.

I don't know what you're trying to say, is it that you disagree with the yellow card ruling for final? Or that you feel Barca and Real would have been better teams to go through?

I dislike the yellow card ruling as well . I was quite happy that Barca got knocked out because I did not want a Classico final because I do not like all the drama that is derived from the El Classico .

ramires is arguably chelsea's best player against barca and probably other top teams :(
but this will be an interesting match in Allianz Arena

I hate having el classico for final too. But it's against everyone's prediction who would play in the final.
Football is football lol

Bayern is charging me 70 mil for Neuer in this game :P
kinda harsh but i will stan him a lot more now

Last edited:
Back