The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
What a Game it was :) For a while, it felt like Barca were gonna win this one until Ramires pegged one back near halftime. And in the end, Torres with the winner to bring Chelsea to the Finals :P Never have i been so ecstatic on a Cheslea win :P

As for Barca, pff. Never the same like last year Barca. so I guess the only thing left for them is the Copa Dela ray.

I really fancy Bayern to go through and win this competition. I just think it is one of the strongest sides they have had and I think if they do progress tonight they will provide a completely different challenge to Chelsea than what Barca did. Chelsea will get no benefit from defending deep and playing on the counter, with players like Kroos/Schweinsteiger covering the back four, it will have to be a more attacking set up from the start, but even if they do that I think Bayern are better and will probably win.

Love Cesc's reaction, saying it was unfair Barca lost and that they should've won. Well yeah, cry me a river. You couldn't score when you were supposed to so it's only fair you lost.

Love Cesc's reaction, saying it was unfair Barca lost and that they should've won. Well yeah, cry me a river. You couldn't score when you were supposed to so it's only fair you lost.

Fabregas was terrible in both legs, wish he would just shut up.

Fabregas' reaction is laughable. Would it have been fair if Barca went through after he dived for the penalty?

"How can he say Barca deserved to go through when they failed to beat a 10 men Chelsea team who had lost both of their centre-backs? Its clear that Chelsea's sheer resiliance, determination and unity meant they deserved to go through. If you beat the European champions with 10 men and a makeshift defence then surely you deserve to go to the final?"

Comment from a match article, sums it up really.

Real Madrid will obliterate Bayern Munich

Not a chance, this Bayern Munich side can beat anyone on their day, it is a very impressive squad and they are more than a match for Real Madrid as proven in the first leg, they were the better side.

And Bayern are a very well disciplined, organised, well oiled side. But disclipline will have to be upmost in every players minds tonight with so many key players on yellow card limits.

But what I find incredulous, is some real football snobs phoning up radio shows, one in particular, saying that Chelsea rank alongside Liverpool (Istanbul) and Greece as the worst side to reach a final. What?! They just beat the best club side in the world for christs sake-with 10 men. They have some very good players in the first team and defied all the odds, and produced a stunning victory. What else are they meant to do? Real Madrid didn't go all guns blazing against Barca does that mean they played anti-football too? You have to have a gameplan against Barca, and it's the old you play to your strengths. There's some absolute mugs out there that let jealousy or whatever cloud everything, and again, don't see the bigger picture.

Last edited:
Going to be such a tight match tonight. Gomez is such a good goalscorer, could have had a couple against Madrid the last time. And Robben and Ribery are amazing at times. Same goes for Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain if they are on their game, they'll score some goals. Reckon Madrid might just edge it.

Hope that Bayern will find their way back, after being 2-0 behind after only 13 minuttes!

Not a close a start as I expected. RM already 2-0 up

****, i got fired up now. Gotta play some FM and get Rooney to brake all-time goalscoring charts for United! LOL What a great game! That was close

Not a close a start as I expected. RM already 2-0 up

Actually Bayern have been better, expect their defence and penalty was pretty harsh. I think they can still go through now that Robben scored.

It was only a matter of time before Bayern scored. Dominating possession and looking more dangerous.

Back