The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
I said before the first leg you need 3 things to beat Barca, luck, defend immensely well and take your chance when you get them.

And if you're Chelsea pray that Messi starts due to his fantastic scoring record against them lol. Seems to be a curse somewhere

And if you're Chelsea pray that Messi starts due to his fantastic scoring record against them lol. Seems to be a curse somewhere

I know, same with Ronaldo too. He only scored once against us and never even played well, also with Bale at the moment too.

Its true, first leg could have easily be 1:5 and you wouldnt be even able to complain. However, its the 2nd leg that did it for me. If Barca cant even win while playing 11 vs. 10 for 60 minutes, they don't deserve the final. Its as simple as that.

never said Chelsea didn't deserve to win. To beat Barca they had to defend brilliantly and get a lot of luck. They did both and fair play to them. But really Barca should have had the tie sown up after Stamford Bridge. But they didn't and that's why they're not in the final

Hence why only the change of should to could was in reply to your post and not the rest.

As it happens the press here and their players mean, which annoys me so much that I go into the tangent at the first chance lol.

I should be celebrating when Pep steps down. But somehow, i felt as if it was a tragedy :[
I'm a MU fan btw.

Luck is the tremendous factor when chelsea vs. barca. Imagine losing 1-0 at home early on....screw that, no more 10 defenders and 1 drogba lol....

In fact, I believe that luck weights as much as 30% against barca. If they score first, the pressure is on!

Btw, I think that we won't see pep's face again every time we start FM13? I've seen enough of him from FM11/12 lol. Don't play the previous versions though

Last edited:
I don't remember if his face was there, but his suit definitely was!

Yeah, I'll welcome that change. It's the only reason I had to like the idea of him resigning. XD

15wctgm.gif

Robben/Ribery must be drooling at the prospect of facing Bosingwa.

Robben/Ribery must be drooling at the prospect of facing Bosingwa.

It will be Kalou on the right wing to help him out i presume. I would personally go with Cole and Bosingwa full backs and Kalou and Bertrand attacking wingers. Stop their threat and we have a better chance of winning.

Interesting reading back a dozen pages or so at who everyone thought would be in the final, I certainly wouldn't have picked these 2 teams.

Interesting reading back a dozen pages or so at who everyone thought would be in the final, I certainly wouldn't have picked these 2 teams.

Totally agree. It seemed like it would be Real vs Barca.

Big night tonight for Celtic. Hoping they get a score draw or a small win away against Helsingborg.

Back