The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
If I was a Man Utd fan, I would NOT be relishing a trip to Galatasary (sp). Wouldn't set foot near that place :S

I'm from Turkey, I support both Man Utd and Galatasaray, but i like Man Utd more. I have watched 45mins of Galatasaray's last match (yesterday). I have been hoping for team to get better at playing, since everyone thinks It's a team of stars in Turkey's terms. But I have seen a horrible 45 mins just like previous matches and eventually gave up on watching the rest. They won 4-0 but I couldn't care less about the result. I was already going to support Man Utd on this match but now I also hope that it'll be a high goal difference match, up to 10-0 preferably, so that the staff could see how they bad they are, how less they invest. We were promised a "tall, fast, striker", as chairman define it "strawberry on a pie" but they gave up because they bought free transfer 35 years old brazilian defender Cris, who knows how less was his wage, so in short the squad quality is much worse than i was expecting and they just keep making free transfers or renting players. This is not the way to achieve success in short or long term and the play reflects that and they just don't see it along with most of the country. I also don't know what Terim thinks, right now they have 2 or 3 tall strikers but no fast ones. Midfield is a mess, they can't create chances, even the best midfielder Selcuk Inan is in horrible form right now. Defence is even worse, they conceded 6 goals in 4 matches. So I hope this will be a "wake up match" because i think Galatasaray is a club deserves much more just like United. Hoping to see a nice match, in the end seeing good football is the only think that matters. And I hope to see the match in Istanbul live if the tickets won't be too pricy.

Last edited:
It was Celtic 1 Spartak Moscow 2.

Now it appears Celtic have just scored the winning goal to make it Celtic 3 Spartak 2 (10 men)

Dortmund playing some very good football, shows that bundesliga is every bit as good as La Liga and the Premiership.

Dortmund playing some very good football, shows that bundesliga is every bit as good as La Liga and the Premiership.

Dortmund were so unlucky tonight. I don't think there is quite the level of competition throughout the league as the Premier League has, but it's a close second for me. Reus was a fantastic replacement for Kagawa, which in turn allows Gotze to play #10 where he is most devastating. :wub: Gotze

Very very harsh on Dortmund. Pen? Not in my opinion

Dortmund were so unlucky tonight. I don't think there is quite the level of competition throughout the league as the Premier League has, but it's a close second for me. Reus was a fantastic replacement for Kagawa, which in turn allows Gotze to play #10 where he is most devastating. :wub: Gotze

I thought Reus was quiet tonight, for his standard anyway. Gotze and Dortmund outclassed City from start to finish and Joe Hart is the best goalkeeper in the world, despite what people think about Neuer and Casillas.

I thought Reus was quiet tonight, for his standard anyway. Gotze and Dortmund outclassed City from start to finish and Joe Hart is the best goalkeeper in the world, despite what people think about Neuer and Casillas.

Casillas had a bit of a shocker tonoght, caught out by a deep corner. I think Hart has to be right up there now. Reus just gives greater balance, a front 4 of Reus, Gotze, Blaszszcykowski (sp?) and Lewandowski is as good as any, it has everything.

Gundogan was very good, bargain signing. They signed him for under 5 Million Euro I think. Fantastic business. Fantastic player.

Did anyone see the Real Madrid game? Benzema scored a special goal and Ronaldo's hattrick was sublime

Gundogan was very good, bargain signing. They signed him for under 5 Million Euro I think. Fantastic business. Fantastic player.

Oh my god, another player I forgot to mention, as well as Bender who done his job so well tonight, kept a lot of City's key players quiet. I hope Fergie was taking note, I know he was in the stadium. Gundogan was fantastic as well, that pass for Lewandowski's chance was sublime!

Oh my god, another player I forgot to mention, as well as Bender who done his job so well tonight, kept a lot of City's key players quiet. I hope Fergie was taking note, I know he was in the stadium. Gundogan was fantastic as well, that pass for Lewandowski's chance was sublime!

Yeah his pass was superb. Also his quick interchanging passing was awesome. He works very hard too. He is almost a complete mdfielder imo. Can pass, defend, shoot, dribble, retain possession. He is just 24 and can improve a lot.

Yeah Bender was very good too. Dortmund as a team were very good, pressed and didn't give any space for City players to create chances.

Forget about Fergie noting down players, hopefully he has noted down how to make team defend like a team, pressing and denying any space. ;)

Yeah his pass was superb. Also his quick interchanging passing was awesome. He works very hard too. He is almost a complete mdfielder imo. Can pass, defend, shoot, dribble, retain possession. He is just 24 and can improve a lot.

Yeah Bender was very good too. Dortmund as a team were very good, pressed and didn't give any space for City players to create chances.

Forget about Fergie noting down players, hopefully he has noted down how to make team defend like a team, pressing and denying any space. ;)

I don't think it's all down to Fergie, I think Rio isn't as good as he used to be and when he plays 3 games in a row he begins to show it. I am sure first choice would now be Vidic and Smalling but as we do not have them available we are resorting to Rio to play game in, game out. Still not sure about Evans at the top level either, he just seems to have no physical presence.

Then after all this we get to our midfield.... :/

Casillas had a bit of a shocker tonoght, caught out by a deep corner. I think Hart has to be right up there now. Reus just gives greater balance, a front 4 of Reus, Gotze, Blaszszcykowski (sp?) and Lewandowski is as good as any, it has everything.

This <3 So much fun on Fifa ;D

Jürgen Klopp is doing some truly magnificent work at Dortumnd. Sure team has a lot of talent, but, how the team works and moves together, how all the players seem to improve season after season. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if instead of all the star players he'd be the one to leave to the "bigger" team.

They were excellent, very impressed as always. Joe Hart is a great keeper, kept City in the game.

I think it's just as competitive throughout the league (for instance the huge attendances throughout the league, can't be matched elsewhere). My biggest problem with German football has always been the strange hold that Bayern have over the league, rather than the other clubs lower down the table. Since that stranglehold seems to have temporarily passed, it's now very competitive.

Back