The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Platini must be feeling so incredibly sad. This makes me happy with amusement.

Look at that defending........with Kevin Constant playing LB and error-prone Mexes (albeit he is excellent at times) in defense, yet they made Barca look mediocre. Its results like this that really frustrate me and make me wonder if Wenger has any tactical nous at all especially defensively. Great win for Milan!

2-0 Milano! Who'd a thunk it!?

Honestly, good teams have cracked Barcelona now, if you get the game plan right like Milan did tonight then they are beatable.

Personally I never write off Milan as they are just a fantastic footballing team and with a tactically astute manager. They deserved all they got tonight, Barcelona has no backup plan... apart from throwing Pique forward.

Honestly, good teams have cracked Barcelona now, if you get the game plan right like Milan did tonight then they are beatable.

Personally I never write off Milan as they are just a fantastic footballing team and with a tactically astute manager. They deserved all they got tonight, Barcelona has no backup plan... apart from throwing Pique forward.

Milan not only beat Barca, but neutralized them. When Messi is forced to drop into centre circle things aren't going well.

Also Milan were missing couple of it's best players Balotelli and De Jong ( though Ambrosini was pretty amazing so De Jong wasn't missed that much ). Still will be really hard for Milan to go through. At least one away goal is needed I think.

Also funny how Kevin Prince Boateng seems to have only good games against Barca. Anyone remember that goal last season?

Do you want to rewrite this Barcelona 2-0 up at half-time in second leg.

What Milan need now if for one of their centre halfs to get sent off and the other injured. They then have to bring on Jose Bosingwa at centre back for a good 70 minutes whilst losing. Oh wait lol.

I thought you said that Barcelona had lost way maybe 4-0 at home in the second leg proves that they still got it. Don't get me wrong I thought that Milan played brilliant in first leg, but Barcelona still is better team.

Last edited:
I only watched the second half but I can come to the conclusion that it was an absolutely majestic performance from Barcelona . They seemed to deserve the win from the half of football I saw. All 4 goals were top notch! Comprehensive win for me!

Things I saw :
Their midfielders and/or attackers looked really up for this game ! You could see it in their passing with the slick , sharp and precise passes they produced . Had possession as usual but used it much better.

Their pressing was also a joy to behold for me as well . I don't know how the first half went since I only saw the highlights for that but for the first 15 minutes of the second half , AC Milan barely found rhythm in their passing because of the excellent pressing, . I saw all sorts of poor passes and hoofs and that was because of the pressing ; it was made even more difficult because Milan did not possess and outlet up front to hold the ball up and who could be a target. The third goal was an example of them winning the ball high up the pitch and using it excellently.

Its a shame though, I thought this game wouldn't be so one sided. I at least expected Milan to score a goal with the terrible defence Barca has . Really disappointed by the Attackers of Milan. Everytime Milan got into Barca's box( which was not too much) their defenders looked very shaky and uncomposed . I really thought they could nick one! What Barca's defenders did really well for me was utilizing the offside trap; most of Milan's attacks were thwarted because their players were caught offside so many times because of the wonderful trap .( or was it because Milan's players anticipation of the play was off or they did not time their runs properly?
2238782717.gif
)

Difference between 3 weeks ago and today for me is : The space Messi created and found himself in and the efficiency and unwastefulness on the ball by Barca even though they had all of it! (as usual)

Currently very ****** of as I was going to watch the Bayern-Juventus match and it was in the tv program and then they decided they can't play it. Anyone watching it?

Juventus went 460 minutes without conceding, it only took Bayern 24 seconds to break that run;). Also that was the second fastest goal in the cl knockout round ever, the fastest was scored by Roy Maakoy, who played for Bayern.

So i guess we already know which game will be Game of The Year.

2 superb games tonight. The Dortmund - Malaga game was spectacular, and Galatasaray scored 3 absolutely outstanding goals. To get just one goal like that in a match is amazing, but 3 is crazy. Really wanted them to beat Real, would have been amazing.

Holy ****. Dortmund-Malaga, 1:2 with 5 minutes to go, Klopp is taking off midfielder and sends defender on the pitch.

At first I thought he went insane , but with all the drama it took me two hours to figure out what has actually happened. Santana switched from full back to striker, scoring goal and assist, while Hummels played as last defender and completely ripped Malaga apart with pinpoint longballs played from the deep. They had a lot of luck of course, but either way that is tactical strike of genius right there.

Horrific officiating in the last 10 or so minutes of that Dortmund-Malaga game. Eliseu was (marginally) offside before needlessly tapping in Baptisa's goal bound shot, four Dortmund players offside when the ball was launched into the box for their third before Santana was also off before scoring and despite two goals being scored in added time the ref still blew after the 4 minutes of added time signalled.

Horrific officiating in the last 10 or so minutes of that Dortmund-Malaga game. Eliseu was (marginally) offside before needlessly tapping in Baptisa's goal bound shot, four Dortmund players offside when the ball was launched into the box for their third before Santana was also off before scoring and despite two goals being scored in added time the ref still blew after the 4 minutes of added time signalled.

Indeed, the refs were horrifying. The amount of bad decisions hurt my brain. I guess at the end it did even out though. But still, it was pain to watch at times.

Barca getting robbed by the referees feels so **** good. My English vocabulary is not that rich to explain how I feel atm. Bayern though were on another level. Simply sensational.

Barca getting robbed by the referees feels so **** good. My English vocabulary is not that rich to explain how I feel atm. Bayern though were on another level. Simply sensational.

Bayern could've had 3 penalties so wouldn't say Barca can feel getting robbed.

Back