The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Man Utd win the title at a canter and not City....and now this. It's just.........

[video=youtube;Y9X5Ar8jotk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9X5Ar8jotk[/video]

This was absolute football bliss!!! Bayern absolutely dominated Barca for 90 minutes and when i saw Barca throwing crosses in on the 30 min mark i knew they had run out of ideas and were on to a hiding.

The game looked blatantly fixed , I didn't see the first goal, but second was offside , 3rd was obvious foul. If that wasn't enough Bayern had tinkered with the pitch and watered it down so Barca can't play their passing game. I can only quote Drogba here and say it was a ******* disgrace.

Barca has been bad entire second half of the season, injuries to key players didnt help, and they really need to start rebuilding Pep's squad more aggresively, but they didn't deserve to go out like this.

edit: apparently a lot of people claim 1st goal was incorrect as well. Footballing bliss indeed.

Last edited:
The game looked blatantly fixed , I didn't see the first goal, but second was offside , 3rd was obvious foul. If that wasn't enough Bayern had tinkered with the pitch and watered it down so Barca can't play their passing game. I can only quote Drogba here and say it was a ******* disgrace.

Barca has been bad entire second half of the season, injuries to key players didnt help, and they really need to start rebuilding Pep's squad more aggresively, but they didn't deserve to go out like this.

Groundsman soaking the middle of the pitch is hardly something new and against the rules, it's happened before and will happen again. They also had the majority of the possession so it's not like a wet pitch somehow stops them from kicking a ball.
Bayern were much better and had a plan, you knew Barca were in trouble when the only thing they can do is throw random crosses into the box even though no one is in it.

Two-three penalty shouts for Bayern all waved off, Gomez offside and the Muller block both should have been picked up by the extra official but weren't. Refs were poor overall on those key decisions but they went both ways.

They just go completely out played and taken apart by a better team, not for the first time either.

Groundsman soaking the middle of the pitch is hardly something new and against the rules, it's happened before and will happen again. They also had the majority of the possession so it's not like a wet pitch somehow stops them from kicking a ball.
Bayern were much better and had a plan, you knew Barca were in trouble when the only thing they can do is throw random crosses into the box even though no one is in it.

Two-three penalty shouts for Bayern all waved off, Gomez offside and the Muller block both should have been picked up by the extra official but weren't. Refs were poor overall on those key decisions but they went both ways.

They just go completely out played and taken apart by a better team, not for the first time either.

I'm not sure what your point is, if Bayern played better game they deserve to have 2 or even 3 incorrect goals allowed?

And 3 pens? Where did that come from? Pique and Sanchez handballs were correct calls, can't say I've seen anything else that would imply a penalty.

barc lost get over it ok ref was poor but barc did not have a clue its about time some 1 gave them a beating might wake them up

I'm not sure what your point is, if Bayern played better game they deserve to have 2 or even 3 incorrect goals allowed?

And 3 pens? Where did that come from? Pique and Sanchez handballs were correct calls, can't say I've seen anything else that would imply a penalty.
Pique one could have quite easily been given and probably should have, ball have traveled and his arm was in front of him and moving towards the ball away from his body. Like I said, the calls went both ways, the offside one you see pretty much every week across the different leagues. It was offside but it happens, the only one that really should have been picked up on was the Muller block.

Bayern were much better and remove the Robben goal and give them the handball penalty and you still get 4-0. Barca were poor and had no plan B at all, took Messi 70 minutes to do anything.

Pique one could have quite easily been given and probably should have, ball have traveled and his arm was in front of him and moving towards the ball away from his body.

Powershot at this range with Pique standing side-face with his arm already out, the only way you can avoid the handball is if you cut it off at the shoulder before the game starts. He does move the arm but you cant really tell if its towards the ball or to get it out of the way.

Bayern were better, no question about it, but the score should have been 2:0 and we would still have fun rematch.

Powershot at this range with Pique standing side-face with his arm already out, the only way you can avoid the handball is if you cut it off at the shoulder before the game starts. He does move the arm but you cant really tell if its towards the ball or to get it out of the way.

Bayern were better, no question about it, but the score should have been 2:0 and we would still have fun rematch.
**** happens barc were **** we all can say it should have been this or the ref should have done that but at the end of the day bayern had a game plan and it worked and barc dont have a plan b cant wait to see what pep does with this team

I think Barca were unlucky with the third goal and I think Gomez was probably offside, though it is pretty close, but come on. There can't be many clearer handballs than Pique's. Just look at it:
http://i.minus.com/i1X8Ty0CuU2iv.gif

I think Barca were unlucky with the third goal and I think Gomez was probably offside, though it is pretty close, but come on. There can't be many clearer handballs than Pique's. Just look at it:
http://i.minus.com/i1X8Ty0CuU2iv.gif

Well? I don't see how that's a penalty. He gets hit in the arm, thats it. There's some hand movement but it really isn't clear if he tries to block the shot or just get the arm out of the way. Either way there's nothing he can do to avoid the handball, its basically point blank powershot, the whole thing takes fraction of a second.

If you think its easy to take the arm out of the way in this situation, try running in front of the car driving with 80kmph and see how that works out. Humans have arms, we cant be punishing players for that.

Wouldn't complain too much. Platini will fix the 2nd leg so Barca can go through to the final and maybe be triumphant once more, after overcoming the odds etc etc etc. Not hat I'm a cynic or anything.

Wouldn't complain too much. Platini will fix the 2nd leg so Barca can go through to the final and maybe be triumphant once more, after overcoming the odds etc etc etc. Not hat I'm a cynic or anything.

Not cynic, just pretty butthurt. Milan fan maybe?

Barça deserved to lose as much as Bayern deserved to win. Three of their four goals were illegal, but still, the 4-0 was fair. Good luck to Dortmund tonight.

Not cynic, just pretty butthurt. Milan fan maybe?

Barça deserved to lose as much as Bayern deserved to win. Three of their four goals were illegal, but still, the 4-0 was fair. Good luck to Dortmund tonight.

Not a fan of any of the teams-I'm an Evertonian, but based on past viewings on matches in which there was clear bias towards team I wouldn't rule anything out. And I dislike Platini (in his current role with some of his past shannigans-fantastic player though). Just don't want some underhanded tactic to try to push Barca through-that's what ****** me off sometimes. Team bias. It is UEFA after all

edit: apparently a lot of people claim 1st goal was incorrect as well. Footballing bliss indeed.

Besides the things not going Barca's way Bayern had one definite penalty turned down! They were out played from start to finish and started acting like petulant little children. 2nd was borderline offside, they say you should give the advantage to the forward if in doubt, 3rd yes was a foul but sometimes you get them sometimes you don't. It's about time Barca had some decisions go against them!

I am sure a certain Norwegian ref will be called out of retirement.........

Agreed Jacko! Barca "ALWAYS" get the good end of the stick, it's about time they got the **** end.. to long have ref's been scared of them (just like some are of United)

Bayern out played them!

Back