The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Holy ****, I went to get a beer and it's 4-1!

For all the hype about it being Ronaldo's night (who I thought was very average) I thought Di Maria was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

For all the hype about it being Ronaldo's night (who I thought was very average) I thought Di Maria was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

I would agree the Di Maria was better but you could see that Athletico had devoted its entire first 90 minutes to physically shutting Ronaldo down, Real got the message an he received less ball than usual.

Still managed to score lol could tell he was not 100%. Agree bout Di Maria.

Di Maria has been fantastic in most of the big games for Madrid this season when teams seems to focus on stopping Bale and Ronaldo

I suppose at the end of the day though, in 5 years time people will see 4-1 with Bale and Ronaldo both on the scoresheet!

Di Maria has been fantastic in most of the big games for Madrid this season when teams seems to focus on stopping Bale and Ronaldo

I suppose at the end of the day though, in 5 years time people will see 4-1 with Bale and Ronaldo both on the scoresheet!
Yes has got better under Carlo and now is a key man for him. No way will he leave in summer like all Arsenal fans seem to think.

Yeah, that's the thing, when people look back at historic games, they see the scoreline, and 4-1 is extremely harsh on Atletico - especially as Costa went off early on. It was a great game though, I bet Casillas is the happiest man in the world at the moment.

Yeah, that's the thing, when people look back at historic games, they see the scoreline, and 4-1 is extremely harsh on Atletico - especially as Costa went off early on. It was a great game though, I bet Casillas is the happiest man in the world at the moment.
Costa should never have played tbh was a mistake by Simeone.

Fear a bit for Atletico next season with Costa,Koke,Luiz and Oliver Torres all possibly leaving. Hope they keep competitive has been great La Liga this season apart from the big 2 all the time.

Congratulations to Real for winning La Decima. I'm gutted for future Chelsea lad Courtois and potentially future lads Costa, Koke and Luis ;). But must say i absolutely love Ancelotti so am happy for him.

Disappointed with Ronaldo tonight. His reactions to real Madrids first three goals and the way he celebrated his penalty just showed to me how much more he is in it for himself rather than the team. Only happy when it's all about him it seems.

Pretty disgusted with Simeone's behaviour at the end. What a sore loser.

Watching Zenit Monaco my god Rondon has been extremely poor, loving Hulk though everytime he gets the ball looks like a freight train

So overated imo never really lived up to the hype and was one of the worst players at the World Cup.

Yeah he was poor at the World Cup I actually thought he was good at Porto but he has dropped off the radar since chasing a pay cheque in Russia. Has looked lively in this game just running through Monaco players the guy has some power like his namesake

Yeah he was poor at the World Cup I actually thought he was good at Porto but he has dropped off the radar since chasing a pay cheque in Russia. Has looked lively in this game just running through Monaco players the guy has some power like his namesake
How do you reckon arsenal will get on tonight? Will be tough I think.

How do you reckon arsenal will get on tonight? Will be tough I think.

I think they will have enough to beat Gala, if they don't they may as well give up on Europe this year its games like that you have to win. Hoping Ozil gets played through the middle and I might transfer him into my champions league fantasy team.

I think they will have enough to beat Gala, if they don't they may as well give up on Europe this year its games like that you have to win. Hoping Ozil gets played through the middle and I might transfer him into my champions league fantasy team.
Should beat them I agree, hope injuries don't cripple them to much. Plus Gala are a physical team as well, could get more players out.

Back