The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Well, Real Madrid has to make the game unlike most matches in the Champions League where they could counter alot.

I think Athletico have been very clever with their fouling, Di Maria has shredded them twice now and they cleverly fouled him before he could shoot or get in the box

Have they though? Been the better side

Bale missed a good chance, although not a sitter like many are calling it with 3 defenders around him and a mistake by Casillas is the reason Atletico are ahead
Don't think they been better team no chance. Atletico have dominted the midfield, and Real are just throwing aimless crosses into the box from any old angle. Only last 5 Real are really dominating.

LFCMarshall;2153483Been the better side [/QUOTE said:
In many aspects yes, but not where it actually counts.

Scoreline is fooling both of you.. Without a Casillas mistake this game is controlled by Real Madrid

Just like how Liverpool's game with Chelsea would have been in your control if it was for that Gerrard mistake?

Last edited:
If Real dont score in this game it will be an incredible effort from Athletico, they are knocking at the door!

Madrid have been the better side, which they have

IF, and only if, you value each element of the game (tidiness of possession, ball retention, pressing etc) as having the same value. I would say that they are the better team in many elements of the game, but in the 2/3 that matter the most they are definitely losing.

IF, and only if, you value each element of the game (tidiness of possession, ball retention, pressing etc) as having the same value. I would say that they are the better team in many elements of the game, but in the 2/3 that matter the most they are definitely losing.

I suppose it's a loose term... Always depend's what you look at in the game

Regardless, remarkable achievement from Atletico

Back