The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
I agree with the wow factor of the EPL!

My question was more around should these teams not be doing a **** of a lot better against the standard of opposition? whether it be their A or B team they put out?

surely the "Top" sides as you put it should be doing much better than the top sides of Switzerland, Slovenia , Serbia,Russia and Belgium

as they are playing better teams week in week out , they have more international class players , They get paid a lot more money , have better facilities?

that was more my point?

I don't know whats up with Toure in Europe. Its like completely different player.
Yea, in Europe he has to run after players. In BPL he doesn't have to do that, he just puts arm on their back and bully them off the ball. In Europe that's a faul.

My question was more around should these teams not be doing a **** of a lot better against the standard of opposition? whether it be their A or B team they put out?

surely the "Top" sides as you put it should be doing much better than the top sides of Switzerland, Slovenia , Serbia,Russia and Belgium

as they are playing better teams week in week out , they have more international class players , They get paid a lot more money , have better facilities?

that was more my point?
I don't think many people think BPL is the strongest league in the world. Most competitive, probably, but it's lost pole position since 2010/2011 season.

that was more my point?
They should be beating those sides, yes. It may come down to overlooking those sides and concentrating on bigger games

I don't think many people think BPL is the strongest league in the world. Most competitive, probably, but it's lost pole position since 2010/2011 season.

Again, it's how you gauge what the criteria is for being the best 'LEAGUE'

La Liga has the better teams, but surely the Premier League is the better 'league' to watch due to entertainment and competitiveness

They should be beating those sides, yes. It may come down to overlooking those sides and concentrating on bigger games

La Liga has the better teams, but surely the Premier League is the better 'league' to watch due to entertainment and competitiveness
Not talking about best, I'm talking about strongest league.

Premier league embarrassing again in europe.

I hope west ham and southampton get top 4 :) atleast them and their fans might give a ****.

but surely the fact that the English league spent 835million and la liga spent 425 million and then Germany was the next highest with 250 million should make these top sides better especially when players from these top sides di Maria, ozil , felipe luis, Diego Costa , fabregas, joined the top premier teams

Whats the point in qualifying for the champions league if your going to over look it especially when Man City owner wants to win it,arsenals trophy record is terrible recently and Liverpool not being In it for while? To me that is arrogance/ unbelievable naïveté

I just find it shocking if I was a proper supporter of any of these teams I would be furious and if I was the guy paying there wages!

Not talking about best, I'm talking about strongest league.

Surely the strongest league would be strong enough to beat teams from
switzerland, Slovenia ,Russia , Turkey - I find it crazy you are defending the output of these teams?

Premier league is the most entertaining, it's not the best quality wise.

Premier league embarrassing again in europe.

I hope west ham and southampton get top 4 :) atleast them and their fans might give a ****.

100% agree why qualify for Europe if you don't take it seriously - why fight for European places if you are not going to try and win in Europe!

And the competitiveness of the EPL is great but if these teams can't these teams and were saying other leagues have better top sides then surely the number of places English teams get should drop to give more of the teams that will take it seriously a chance to play rather than ruin the competition like the teams done with the Europa league

Premier league is the most entertaining, it's not the best quality wise.

It has the most money and most international players that is unreal that people think like that? I do get LFC point with top sides but when stoke spend more money than some champions league teams then I can't accept that at all!

Surely the strongest league would be strong enough to beat teams from
switzerland, Slovenia ,Russia , Turkey - I find it crazy you are defending the output of these teams?
I agree. BPL this year is not as strong as Germany or Spain.

Bizzare situation last night in City game, seems that 4th official made a mistake and accidentally subed Lewandowski instead of someone else? Guardiola was protesting during sub exchange, Lewandowski didn't want to come off, but they didn't change the decision, what the ****?

Bizzare situation last night in City game, seems that 4th official made a mistake and accidentally subed Lewandowski instead of someone else? Guardiola was protesting during sub exchange, Lewandowski didn't want to come off, but they didn't change the decision, what the ****?

Really? That sounds ridiculous. Any footage of this anywhere?

Really? That sounds ridiculous. Any footage of this anywhere?

soccer - Jiffier gifs through HTML5 Video Conversion.

Pretty obvious he refuses to come off and Guardiola waves for him not to come off either.

And If you watched the game the sub would have made ZERO sense. Lewa was making Bayern's entire game work ever since they droped to 10 man. He constantly pressured the midfielders and held up the ball expertly, allowing Bayern to keep possession and the defense time to reorganize.

The whole thing is bizzare.

Had a mega week in champions league fantasy football

View attachment 324983

captained messi last night and had aguero too happy days shame cant replicate this in premier league

also had mueller not start too aswell as lahm gotze and moreno

Back