The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
He's put Milner up top ffs lad.

Yaya is awful tonight but no doubt will be class come derby day.
Yaya has been poor for a while and if he play in CM against Carrick,Herrera and 1 other he will get the same treatment against us. Paid all that money for Jovetic and Bony and puts Milner up front.

Dortmund doing me on my treble too ffs really thought they had turned a corner recently but not really been following closely just seen they had won a few. Pogba off so there is a glimmer of hope I suppose.
I cant see Dortmund doing much for a while now need to rebuild.

He's been great, down at the feet and won the ball in 3 clean through's adn couple of decent save, but that one was class.. 4 on 2 and made it..

Easily the only player in our side that doesnt really deserve to lose, on another night this is already 6-0

Easily the only player in our side that doesnt really deserve to lose, on another night this is already 6-0
Agree maybe most probs more than 6! What do you think of your squad? And manager for next season. I think you need a bit of a clear out like Henry,Redknapp and Carra have said.

Agree maybe most probs more than 6! What do you think of your squad? And manager for next season. I think you need a bit of a clear out like Henry,Redknapp and Carra have said.

The spending has been embarrassing to say the least - nearly 300million spent on squad players so it's not hard to see why they haven't progressed

Depend on the manager and the formation to be played. Fernando and Fernandinho look poor, but they they have to run for Toure, when they start together, they look more solid. Dzeko can go, terribly incosistant, Milner & Lamps will go.

So you're looking at maybe 5 players to come in.

If it was FM, i'd be selling Kolarov, Nasri, Sagna, Dzeko & Toure.
With a eye on Clyne, Kawurza, Pogba, De Buryne and a striker (**** even Ings would be a diff option).

Bring in Beckham for a day, and get him to teach Navas to cross and when to hit the front or back post.

Kompany is out of form, but was rushed back. Mangala will be fine, the problem they have with him and Kompany is both wanna be the defender that makes the forward rush to intercept but Demi covers so paired with him fine, paired together, nightmare. One needs to learn to read and stay.

They aslo need a set piece coach, we've had over 250 corners since we last scored from one.

I'm not too worried, i said when the money came in, it would be 5 years to the premier and 10 to any champs league mark, and i still rest on that. we only debuted in the comp 4 years ago, group,group, last 18, last 18. I knew it would be a steeper learning curve than a chequebook when this started. Still Txixi's record buying ******* sucks, selling great, buying... balls.

Last edited:
The spending has been embarrassing to say the least - nearly 300million spent on squad players so it's not hard to see why they haven't progressed
Agree. Nearly all the good players still there are from Mancini and some of them are aging or on the decline. WOW did not realize it was that much. Don't agree with Stelling saying its a fantastic squad though still.

Depend on the manager and the formation to be played. Fernando and Fernandinho look poor, but they they have to run for Toure, when they start together, they look more solid. Dzeko can go, terribly incosistant, Milner & Lamps will go.

So you're looking at maybe 5 players to come in.

If it was FM, i'd be selling Kolarov, Nasri, Sagna, Dzeko & Toure.
With a eye on Clyne, Kawurza, Pogba, De Buryne and a striker (**** even Ings would be a diff option).

Bring in Beckham for a day, and get him to teach Navas to cross and when to hit the front or back post.

Kompany is out of form, but was rushed back. Mangala will be fine, the problem they have with him and Kompany is both wanna be the defender that makes the forward rush to intercept but Demi covers so paired with him fine, paired together, nightmare. One needs to learn to read and stay.

They aslo need a set piece coach, we've had over 250 corners since we last scored from one.
Good post and fair assessment. I agree I don't think Demi and Kompany can play together. And Mangala looks good but will need to improve. Cant believe Nastasic you let go hes been class for Schalke and still young.

He just struggles with the higher line Mancini started and Pelle continued. He'll be fine other places.

Back