The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I'd give them Oscar + Ramires + 50 mil. OR Oscar + 60mil. Yeah, I know, that's why I stopped playing FM.

Also, Pogba is gone next summer. Not sure how they will build around him when he's not there.

I genuinely think Juventus will be tempted if we offer Oscar in return. Allegri is a huge admirer

If we don't get Pogba now, and I seriously doubt we will, he is off to Barcelona/Madrid next year.

It's strange that Oscar is still 'injured' into the weekend. Also Pogba rumours are still continuing so make of that what you will ...

And honestly it's idiotic that the club is scrambling for signings this late into the window. Now they will have to pay inflated transfer fees. Our business should have been wrapped up much earlier. Now it just seems we are in panic mode after our poor start and selling clubs will take advantage

And honestly it's idiotic that the club is scrambling for signings this late into the window. Now they will have to pay inflated transfer fees. Our business should have been wrapped up much earlier. Now it just seems we are in panic mode after our poor start and selling clubs will take advantage

Pogba would have always been an expensive purchase. You think he will go for less than something ridiculous?

It's strange that Oscar is still 'injured' into the weekend. Also Pogba rumours are still continuing so make of that what you will ...

Jose said before the City game that Oscar could possibly miss the West Brom game too.

Agreed, but to be honest if we sign Pogba (Not that we will) and Stones in this window I couldn't care less about the transfer fees.

I think City and PSG are the only other options really.

I don't think PSG are in the race realistically. They have the moneyZ but it's unlikely. He wants a club where he can do amazing things like winning CL a few times or some ****. City - maybe. But Spain imo remains the most likely destination.

I don't really watch Juventus or France, only watched the UCL semis and finals last season. Is Pogba really that good other than the occasional goal from long shots? I don't really rate him, but given that he is regarded as a "world class" player, i don't mind having a marquee signing to lift the spirits...

I don't think PSG are in the race realistically. They have the moneyZ but it's unlikely. He wants a club where he can do amazing things like winning CL a few times or some ****. City - maybe. But Spain imo remains the most likely destination.

I think PSG are the team that everyone underestimates. They have some serious talent there now and they get better every year. They could easily get deep into the CL next year.

I think PSG are the team that everyone underestimates. They have some serious talent there now and they get better every year. They could easily get deep into the CL next year.

Can they win it though? I don't underestimate them as a football team, I just don't think they are on par with Barcelona and Madrid. And I think that's fair to say. I personally see Pogba in one of those two. Time will tell I guess.

I don't really watch Juventus or France, only watched the UCL semis and finals last season. Is Pogba really that good other than the occasional goal from long shots? I don't really rate him, but given that he is regarded as a "world class" player, i don't mind having a marquee signing to lift the spirits...

He's fast, he's strong, he dribbles, he passes, he shoots, he tackles. The reason people are so hyped about him is because he is an incredibly well rounded midfielder and he's only 22. It's a stupid trend to say "he'll only get better with time" about every young player, as many are hitting their peaks at a young age now, especially when they rely on speed/power. In his case though, it's very likely to happen as his only real shortcoming is his understanding of the game (positioning, vision, decisions, anticipation, to put it in FM terms, and even then he's still good mentally, just not top tier). Those are things that often come with age, and if he gets them he's going to be the benchmark for midfielders. Even if he doesn't he's still already good enough to walk into plenty of lineups, so you're buying both raw talent and already proven quality.

Last edited:

Pogba is so much more than the occasional long shot. I see a Zidane and a Vieira in him. He is powerful, skillful, creative, energetic. And he will get better. A lot better. He's 22. That's why the next club that has him will benefit a lot. I can imagine how good he will be at 24/25/26. Okay, you can scratch all of the above as I am biased as **** on this one. Don't listen to Subtle either. :P

I don't know if I would change Oscar for Pogba tbh.

Pogba is by far more talented, but Oscar is an absolute workhorse - the dreaded phrase "typical Mourinho player" comes to mind. And since you're being managed by Mourinho...well.

Think I would rather go for well-rounded midfielder who can replace the liablity that is Ramires - Matuidi perhaps?

*sips tea.

Back